So angry at my body

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Sweetiepeamama's Avatar Veteran
Can someone explain to me the phenomenon that when you're TTC your body does things it's never done before? I have always had super regular cycles - very reliable. Each month I start spotting 2-3 days before AF. The spotting always looks the same and follows the same pattern. But this month my body played a nasty trick on me and started spotting way early, and it looked different. It was very light and tan in color. I even had cramping on my left side only, and I got so excited, thinking maybe it was implantation. I never, ever cramp before CD1, much less on one side only.

But this morning my temp has plummeted and when I got up to pee the spotting had turned redder so I know AF is on the way. I am angry and frustrated and sad. Why do our bodies suddenly decide to switch things up when we're TTC? At a time when we're so vulnerable and hopeful, and looking for any sign that we were successful that month, our bodies can act like mean girls, teasing and taunting, even when they've never done that before. And there's absolutely nothing we can do about it

I'm trying to comfort myself with the fact that if I had gotten PG this month, I probably would have missed my best friend's wedding. She just got engaged and is getting married early December several states away. And I'm trying to decide if we should take a break this cycle. I don't really want a Christmas/New Year's baby, as we already have a handful of family birthdays at that time, I don't want to be in the hospital for the holidays, and I'm just feeling stressed and down about TTC in general.
Me (31) + Hubs (31) = One amazing DS (August 2010). Baby #2 Expected January 6th 2014!

March 29th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Regular
gosh i am going through the exact same thing!!! my body is making me crazy... i wish it was easier!

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search