BV....???

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SmilingSam
  • 1 Post By Faith=2xBlessed

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Ready for #1
I went to the gyno last month for my wonderful pap. He also took cultures. He usually sends out a post card type thing that usually says basically your pap was normal. I got the card in the email yesterday and it had the box for pap as normal. Under culture it simply said 'Abnormal Bacterial...squiggle squiggle your pharmacy has been called, pick IP your Rx' WHAT! I picked up my RX today and looked up what its used for and decoded the squiggles. Apparently I have bacterial vaginosis? I have never heard of this, and of course the office is closed. Has anyone had this? I feel really embarrassed I have no idea where it came from. I read a lot about it. Everything I read says it just happens. Also the a lot of women get it again within 4 weeks. Is this something that could effect fertility? I have no idea what to think about this, and you ladies are the only ones I feel comfortable talking about this with, besides DH. Thanks in advance ladies

March 29th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Super Mommy to be
Sorry, never heard of it. At least it doesn't sound serious because if was I would have thought the dr. would call you to discuss it. I'm sure the dr knows you're TTC right? Would think if it effected ttc he would address it with you..

sorry I'm no help.
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
March 29th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Nerd
Yes I have heard of it and had it. It's like a yeast infection except its an overgrowth of bacteria. It can come out of the blue. I had to put gel inside me for five or seven days. Then it was gone! No big deal. Don't sweat it.
bella88 likes this.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
March 30th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Ready for #1
I wish I had a little window inside to see what was going on in there. Today I have a lot of pain around my left ovary area. I'm on cd 7. I usually fon't have pain until after O. Af is around for 4-5 days for me. The last I had was a little spotting on cd 5. Now I just found brown spotting on the tissue. I'm so confused!!! Aaahhh

March 30th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Faith=2xBlessed's Avatar PrettyCrispy Scrunchy Mom
I have had it many times some women get it more than others some don't get it at all it happens when the pH in your vagina is messed up.. it could be because of sex it could be the soap you're using down there... it's nothing to worry about it's not like an STD or anything lol the antibiotics will clear it right up for you! Gl
mandy1986 likes this.

Layla Marie & Savannah Rose born on December 19th 2013

March 30th, 2013, 12:54 PM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
I have had bv 3 times in my life, in my case it's usually almost symptomless except for messing up my cycle. Apparently its common and lots of women don't know when they have it! The second to last time I had it, I had gone to the doctor because I kept being on my period (I had two nine day periods only 14 days apart) and they found I had bv. After I took a round of antibiotics they said everything looked perfect and then my periods went back to normal. This most recent time I had it, I had gone to the doctor because my period hadn't come in 60+ days and they again found I had bv. It was gone as soon as I finished the antibiotics.

So I do know that 1) its possible for bv to make your cycles wonky and 2) that bv is really easy to get rid of.

As far as making you infertile I seriously doubt it, I am still waiting for my periods to return but the reason for it not being here would probably be either hormonal imbalance due to coming off the bcp, or weight gain, or maybe PCOS, or the fact that I (stupidly) started taking 50 mg of B6 a day thinking it would shorten my cycle, or some other underlying thing.

Last edited by chrysalis1; March 30th, 2013 at 12:56 PM. Reason: my computer glitched and my post had doubled itself
March 30th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Ready for #1
Thanks ladies. I just reread my post. Obviously I didn't read a lot about it. I meant to say I read a little the other night.

Thanks chrysalis1 I'm really glad it isn't any sort of STD. I do however have HPV and I was worried that BV was related somehow.

Thanks you all again for your help. I still can't believe my Dr, or his nurse, didn't give me a call. Seems a little lazy to me. I could understand better if it was just for "normal" results. Oh well, I'm going to look for a new gyno soon anyway. Poor guy is getting old Just has his hip replaced a couple months ago

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search