Did anyone test negative before getting a BFP?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 07:50 AM
Hi,

I'm currently 5 days late, tested yesterday at 16 DPO and got a BFN. Temp is still high, and I haven't had a cycle this long since I started tracking my cycles almost a year ago. I did start taking vitex drops at the beginning of this cycle, so I'm wondering if they might have delayed AF, but since I used to have a problem with SHORT luteal phases (under 5 days before various homeopathic treatments were started), it's very odd to suddenly have one that is too long!

Has anyone else experienced vitex/chaste tree berry causing delayed AF? Or have others actually been pregnant, but pregnancy couldn't be detected until later on in the pregnancy? I used First Response to test because I wanted something very sensitive to low levels of the pregnancy hormone, so I was pretty devastated by the BFN. Several hours after testing, a very, very faint pink/brown tinted CM started showing up. Usually, this would have become AF by now, but it hasn't. Still just on and off very light pink creamy CM, which I know could be a sign of implantation, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much!

I'm planning on testing in another week if AF doesn't come by then, but I'm wondering how common it is for you to be pregnant, but test negative for the first few days/weeks, even with a sensitive test. I just want to have realistic hopes as I wait for this week to pass!

My Ovulation Chart
April 2nd, 2013, 07:56 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
My sister tested negative for 10 days after her missed AF! The 11th day she finally got a positive.

Happily married to the love of my life, mom of two beautiful babies, Gary & Adalyn
April 2nd, 2013, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hmm, to be honest Im not sure you have ovulated yet and the dotted red line shows that too. Your chart doesnt look like the typical ovulatory chart. Do you use opk's at all? I would start charting cm again too because I would say you havent O'd just yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search