Log In Sign Up

Tell me about you


Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 2 Post By Seaweed
  • 2 Post By rachoochoo2
  • 1 Post By JMNavy
  • 1 Post By victoria0294
  • 1 Post By kyekye
  • 1 Post By Gamer_Princess
  • 1 Post By muffin
  • 1 Post By BabyX

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
April 5th, 2013, 07:44 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,037
I've been out of the loop for quite awhile now, so I would love to get caught up. I would love to know where everyone is in their cycle, how long you have been TTC, what's your TTC story, what different things you have tried in TTC?
__________________


Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
April 5th, 2013, 07:55 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: OCNY
Posts: 6,399
Hi! I am Sarah
We are on our 3rd cycle TTC#2. Our son is 16 months old today. This is the day I decided last year that we would start trying (16 month mark) and i caved and started early, lol. . .which i am hoping maybe that this will be our month because of it
We just DTD all around my O time (as much as we can anyway. Sometimes we are super lazy, since we both work and chase around the child at night lol) I go by the aches and the CM. thats all!
BabyX likes this.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3  
April 5th, 2013, 08:13 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by sareymac View Post
Hi! I am Sarah
We are on our 3rd cycle TTC#2. Our son is 16 months old today. This is the day I decided last year that we would start trying (16 month mark) and i caved and started early, lol. . .which i am hoping maybe that this will be our month because of it
We just DTD all around my O time (as much as we can anyway. Sometimes we are super lazy, since we both work and chase around the child at night lol) I go by the aches and the CM. thats all!
Your son is so precious!

It's funny how once you decide you want to have another baby there really is no waiting. It's just kind of all consuming. I hope you guys were successful this cycle.
__________________


Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
April 5th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Small Town NC
Posts: 4,822
I am Brittainy. I am currently TTC #2 (after Open Heart Surgery) after my IUD on cycle 2. I

I temp and OPK. I am scared because my last cycle was 39 days long and I only had an 8 day luteal phase

So far cycle number 2 is shorter I ovulated 10 days sooner this time, but I am 7 DPO and hoping and praying this luteal phase will be longer.
__________________

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)



Reply With Quote
  #5  
April 5th, 2013, 08:39 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: OCNY
Posts: 6,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyX View Post
Your son is so precious!

It's funny how once you decide you want to have another baby there really is no waiting. It's just kind of all consuming. I hope you guys were successful this cycle.
Thank you so much I know my hubby has wanted to start trying for a while and I got the baby fever in January so he was alllll too happy to start. The last time it took the first try to get our son. So we have been a discouraged this time.
Good luck to you too
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #6  
April 5th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Seaweed's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brampton, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts: 537
Hello! I am Vicky. This is only my 3rd cycle trying. My husband and I are trying for our very first baby. We got married in July and at the time I didnt want kids or anything it was freaking me out! I slowly started thinking about it and in January all of a sudden the pill started having bad effects on me, it was making me sick so had to stop it. Due to circumstances we thought for a while I was pregnant and all of a sudden everything changed. I just became really protective and even happier and I was loving the idea of having a baby. When we realised I wasnt pregnant we both got really disappointed. I was devastated so that was the point we started trying. I am dying for one now lol. I have been using a calendar and ovulation tests, I am not temping as I havent got regular getting up times. We dont just stick to the O tests though. We always go for it when we feel like it anyway. For this cycle I have also bought a couple of extra things from the supermarket: a fertility gel, you use it before bd and it helps the mobility of sperm. It also makes the inside conditions suitable for sperm survival. The other thing is tablets for him and her: folic acid for me and I can't remember the one for my husband but it helps with sperm production and health. Just a little booster. It is always good. I am currently on CD1, AF showed up today and I got really upset, I am in such a mood. We are off to Greece in a couple of weeks and I just realised that my O days are while we are in Greece so that got me excited! Me and my hubby met in Greece. That is also where he proposed to me and where we got married so it feels like the right place for conception! Good luck to you and keep us posted! :-)
Orangebrittainy and BabyX like this.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
April 5th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,556
I'm Rachel. We are TTC #3. I have PCOS and rarely ovulate on my own. I just got out of a 55 day cycle with some help from provera and we are now doing a clomid cycle. My oldest daughter was a clomid baby so I have a lot of hope that it will work for us again. This is only our second cycle TTC this time around.
Orangebrittainy and BabyX like this.
__________________










Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2
Reply With Quote
  #8  
April 5th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Newbie
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7
Hi...my name is Juanita...this is my 1st round on clomid 100mg...i am currently on CD14...hoping to ovulate tomorrow
BabyX likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
April 5th, 2013, 08:56 PM
victoria0294's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,083
Hi! I'm Victoria. DH and I are TTC #1, and this is our 4th cycle TTC. The first 2 cycles we were kind of winging it lol. Last cycle I used OPKs, and this cycle I'm temping, using digital OPKs, and taking mental notes on my CM and tracking when I get O pains (I get them every month). I'm 7 DPO, luckily it looks like I'm having a regular cycle from my temps and when I got my positive OPK.
I also was like Vicky (Seaweed), I didn't want anything to do with kids until kind of recently. 3 cycles ago I really thought I was pregnant- I had AF like cramping but no AF came... AF was 6 days late! I was so disappointed, but that has helped me not read into every little cramp or possible 'symptom', which is so easy to do!
Good luck everybody!
BabyX likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
April 5th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 165
Hello! I am Kylie. We are TTC #2. My daughter is 16 months old and as perfect as can be! I am on my first TTC cycle after a miscarriage in February. Today I am 2-3 DPO. I got pregnant with my daughter not using protection one time! Then I finally got my period back last November and we decided to NTNP and I got pregnant my second cycle {which ended in an early miscarriage} So after that we decided to actually try! Last month we were suppose to wait but didn't really.. this month we tried OPK and pre-seed. I am hoping for a rainbow baby! I would be due Christmas Day! I went early with my daughter so hopefully I would go early again {but its a fun due date}
BabyX likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
April 5th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,034
BACK! My name is Leslie and I have been TTC #1 since DEC 2010 but did NTNP for a little over 3 years before that. We took the plunge towards MA and will be starting with RE next cycle. I have "unexplained" infertility being that all my labs and DH's SA has come back normal and great.

As of right now I am 7DPO and hoping that my temps stay up and the stays away. She showed up early last month at 9DPO and it caused me to have a 26 day cycle. I tried SI last cycle but this cycle is all natural because I had to have CD 3 bloodwork done with RE. I had my progestrone draw today and it was 22 so excited to know I had a strong O even on my own without the SI.

I had a chemical pregnancy in Jan, my only ever and it caused me to have a very long cycle and then a very short 18 day cycle. So hoping the RE can figure out why my cycles vary so much from short to normal....
BabyX likes this.
__________________
*********************
TTC since 2010
ME: PCOS & DH: PERFECT

********************************


*********************
Reply With Quote
  #12  
April 5th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,866
Hiya Audrey!!! Glad to have you back

You already know me, but my update is that DH has a date with a plastic cup next week, and depending on the results at the next urologist appointment (the 22nd) we'll be heading to IVF in July! Already started my new supplements and am working on losing a few extra pounds before we start!

What's new with you?
BabyX likes this.
__________________
New siggie coming soon!





Me: Autoimmune (Hashimotos and Fibromyalgia), vitamin D and calcium deficiency. Treated with Synthroid, supplements, TCM and acupuncture.

DH: Severe MFI (low counts, low motility, poor morphology and high antibodies), likely caused by poor liver function. Treated with Clomid to increase total counts.

DD: Conceived after 1 year of TTC with progesterone to correct LPD (likely caused by undiagnosed thyroid dysfunction). Born Aug 2009 via c/s after an induction due to pre-e and HELLP.

TTC #2 since Oct10 with an early loss in Aug 2011. Post-wash counts are too low for IUI to be successful, so moving on to IVF/ICSI in May 2014!

IVF/ICSI #1 (May 2014): Estrogen priming and antagonist protocol, including acupuncture and prayer!
17/05/14 - Baseline looks good, start Gonal-F 225iu and Luveris 75iu
28/05/14 - 18 eggs retrieved, 14 mature
29/05/14 - 13 fertilized!!! All are looking great still on day 3, so we're going to blast!
02/06/14 - Transferred one 1BC blast, with 3 other blasts and 3 morulas to watch and freeze
03/06/14 - All embryos have arrested. None to freeze
09/06/14 - Faint BFP at home at 7dp5dt!!!!!
10/06/14 - Beta?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
April 8th, 2013, 08:22 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
Hello! I am Vicky. This is only my 3rd cycle trying. My husband and I are trying for our very first baby. We got married in July and at the time I didnt want kids or anything it was freaking me out! I slowly started thinking about it and in January all of a sudden the pill started having bad effects on me, it was making me sick so had to stop it. Due to circumstances we thought for a while I was pregnant and all of a sudden everything changed. I just became really protective and even happier and I was loving the idea of having a baby. When we realised I wasnt pregnant we both got really disappointed. I was devastated so that was the point we started trying. I am dying for one now lol. I have been using a calendar and ovulation tests, I am not temping as I havent got regular getting up times. We dont just stick to the O tests though. We always go for it when we feel like it anyway. For this cycle I have also bought a couple of extra things from the supermarket: a fertility gel, you use it before bd and it helps the mobility of sperm. It also makes the inside conditions suitable for sperm survival. The other thing is tablets for him and her: folic acid for me and I can't remember the one for my husband but it helps with sperm production and health. Just a little booster. It is always good. I am currently on CD1, AF showed up today and I got really upset, I am in such a mood. We are off to Greece in a couple of weeks and I just realised that my O days are while we are in Greece so that got me excited! Me and my hubby met in Greece. That is also where he proposed to me and where we got married so it feels like the right place for conception! Good luck to you and keep us posted! :-)
I hope you get your Greece trip is all you need to get your BFP! GL
Seaweed likes this.
__________________


Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
April 8th, 2013, 08:31 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyekye View Post
Hello! I am Kylie. We are TTC #2. My daughter is 16 months old and as perfect as can be! I am on my first TTC cycle after a miscarriage in February. Today I am 2-3 DPO. I got pregnant with my daughter not using protection one time! Then I finally got my period back last November and we decided to NTNP and I got pregnant my second cycle {which ended in an early miscarriage} So after that we decided to actually try! Last month we were suppose to wait but didn't really.. this month we tried OPK and pre-seed. I am hoping for a rainbow baby! I would be due Christmas Day! I went early with my daughter so hopefully I would go early again {but its a fun due date}
I hope that you get your rainbow baby for Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_Princess View Post
BACK! My name is Leslie and I have been TTC #1 since DEC 2010 but did NTNP for a little over 3 years before that. We took the plunge towards MA and will be starting with RE next cycle. I have "unexplained" infertility being that all my labs and DH's SA has come back normal and great.

As of right now I am 7DPO and hoping that my temps stay up and the stays away. She showed up early last month at 9DPO and it caused me to have a 26 day cycle. I tried SI last cycle but this cycle is all natural because I had to have CD 3 bloodwork done with RE. I had my progestrone draw today and it was 22 so excited to know I had a strong O even on my own without the SI.

I had a chemical pregnancy in Jan, my only ever and it caused me to have a very long cycle and then a very short 18 day cycle. So hoping the RE can figure out why my cycles vary so much from short to normal....
I'm sorry to hear that you and DH have been trying for so long without success. I hope that the MA get's you your long awaited BFP really soon.
__________________


Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
April 8th, 2013, 08:39 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 17,591
Hi, I'm Marisa and this is our 1st cycle after having my IUD taken out that we've started trying. It will be our 4th baby. My husband and I have 3 sons, our oldest is 7, middle is 4 and youngest is 2. I'm hoping to O tomorrow and that it all goes the way it should haha. This is my first time ever completely trying, such as temping, charting, etc.
__________________


Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks



Killian's Birth Story
Reply With Quote
  #16  
April 8th, 2013, 08:41 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin View Post
Hiya Audrey!!! Glad to have you back

You already know me, but my update is that DH has a date with a plastic cup next week, and depending on the results at the next urologist appointment (the 22nd) we'll be heading to IVF in July! Already started my new supplements and am working on losing a few extra pounds before we start!

What's new with you?
Hey Annie,

Haha DH has a date w/ a plastic cup. That is so funny. Wow July seems like it's so far away. I hope the time flies and that you achieve your weight loss goals. I can't wait to hear all of the results.

Myself, I spent the last couple of months w/o hope. I guess I'm coming back around. I think that I'm going to make another appointment w/ my Dr. here soon to start discussing other possible options. I think I finally got DH almost talked into doing a SA. Hopefully we can get some answers from that soon as well.

It is so great to meet all of you ladies and to learn a little bit about each of you. Can't wait to get to know you better. Baby dust to all of you!!! I hope that BFPs are right around the corner for all!!!!
__________________


Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
April 8th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 528
I'm Katie. I'm on cycle #2 of trying for baby #3. I temped last cycle, but decided it was too stressful for me. I took opks this cycle, and I like that better than temping. I'm either 4 or 5 dpo right now.
__________________
KatieDS1 (5) DS2 (3)
Cycle #20, 2nd cycle on clomid
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:06 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0