Using Birth Control Pills To Get Pregnant

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Gamer_Princess

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 06:58 PM
MadMay's Avatar Super Mommy
This might be kind of silly but has anyone heard of using bc pills to help get pregnant. I tried using Soy Isoflavones for a cycle and it didnt work and I kind of lost hope but I thought if I got my doc to prescribe bc pills the ones with only estrogen(33mcg) and no progesterone and took them the same time they recommend Soy Isoflavones do you think it would help me ovulate and possible produce more eggs?

P.s I cant get pregnant yet not for another 3 months as I am recovering from surgery but when I can start I want a game plan.
April 5th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Never heard of it, but I did get pregnant right away with DS when I stopped BC mid cycle....

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

April 5th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I also got preggo with my son right after stopping my pills!
April 5th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know that taking BCP can help REGULATE your cycle because it stops your body from Oing and as you stagger your pills the decrease in hormones causes your lining to shed which is why you have a period.

I know that women who are doing IVF/FET take estrogen/estradiol (E2) to help with thickening the lining for their transfer. Also before you hand E2 blood work is done and it shows the amount of mature follies compared to the ultrasound results their RE does. High E2 means more mature follies.

What dosage of SI were you on?
Soy works as a help mate along with your naturally produced hormones in regards to ovulation. If you O'd then SI did its job. The dosage of SI tends to be higher than what a doctor would prescribe for Clomid. For example: The lowest dosage of Clomid prescribed is 50mg so SI dosages need to be at least 100mg. Staggering SI dosage also helps as well.

Did you take anything to help with CM?
I ask this because SI made my CM very dry and I lacked it alot. BUT without the help of Mucinex and EPO I think I would have had a hostile environment for the spermies. Also, Preseed works wonders as well

Were you charting your temp or using OPKs?
If you were not using any of the above things to help pinpoint O time, then maybe SI did work for you but your timing was off. Until I started charting my temp, I think we were just plainly missing our window of opportunity each month.

Have you ever consulted with your doctor about TTC?
Going to your doctor can really help with your efforts in TTC because they can check all your hormone levels and your SO/DF/DH's semen analysis can tell you alot as well.

I have no advice as far as taking BCP to help with TTC because honestly messing with estrogen levels before O can go in a good direction or a bad direction. If you took them too long it could cause you to delay O or for it not to happen at all. You do what is best for you BUT I would def seek advice from your doctor first.

I hope this helps and you will KUP posted on what you decide and how the cycle turns out for you.

Either way BABY is coming your way girl! BTW it was not a silly question at all! When it comes to TTC, I think we have all wanted to try ANY possible to help with our efforts. Thinking of you
bella88 and WaitinginNJ like this.

April 7th, 2013, 04:40 PM
MadMay's Avatar Super Mommy
What dosage of SI were you on?
Its been so long I dont recall what dosage I used.

Did you take anything to help with CM?
I always use preseed as I in general have a lack of cm unless pregnant.

Were you charting your temp or using OPKs?
I did attempt to chart using temps but my doctor told me its not a valid way to check for O. I did use opk and I always seem to get positives early on in my cycle cd-8 to cd 10 surprisingly both times I was pregnant both babies measured almost two weeks behind so my dr told me I probably ovulate late in my cycle. Which might of been part of the reason it took me so long to get pregnant I would take a test get a positive do the deed for a couple days and then not really have sex very often after when I thought I was Ovulating So when I am able to ttc again I will take opks everyday after cd7 and see if I get positives both early and later on my cycle.

Have you ever consulted with your doctor about TTC?
Yes I have in June I go in and have dye put inside me to make sure my right side is locked up air tight so no sperm can get up there. When Im cleared then I have six months if I dont get pregnant she promised all fertility testing will be done on both myself and James, that she believes the depo vera is what caused my infertility and that most likely I was ovulating but that my lining wasnt thickening properly and there for the egg could not attach.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search