fertility foods

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jeweluv
  • 1 Post By Gamer_Princess

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Jibby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know about you ladies, but I'm taking a grip of suppliments right now. I'm taking steps to really clean my diet up this month. I'm on a 3 week hiatus from any sort of sugary junk food. I am doing fruit and dairy but no dessert type things. What foods are good for fertility? Anyone know of a ttc diet or what you should specifically be eating? I find myself CRAVING red meat lately...so Ive been giving in to that.
April 6th, 2013, 05:07 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you are wanting red meat then your body must need it so eating it would be good. I don't know much about foods but I hear peppermint tea and lemon water are good. I've also seen that raspberry leaf tea is good during ttc, not just third trimester of pregnancy

April 6th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Beautiful Life!
The only real diet of know of ttc is more towards the gender swaying. I think lemon water helps, but I don't remember if that was gender swaying specific, or just for fertility in general. I also read into a place that has the highest rate for twins that blames it on their high yam eating diet. There isn't any proof of this one way or another. And despite reading that their yams are different than our yams, as our's are more sweet potatoes, I still bought yams after reading the article and ate them with the belief it may aid in fertility I would love to hear others and people have any!

April 6th, 2013, 05:41 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I heard the yam thing too...interesting about the lemon water. Peppermint tea too?

I've heard raspberry leaf tea and blue kohosh, which I took in 3rd tri and went into major labor with!

Any of this safe to do while nursing?
mommamindy likes this.

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
April 6th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pineapple is great as well I know more about liquids when it comes to TTC and the things mentioned above are all I know I tend to stay away from desserts altogether UNLESS it is our HOT night then we have cheesecake
mommamindy likes this.

April 6th, 2013, 06:00 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ooh I heard pineapple too. Does the acidity make you more acidic there? I know that there is a theory that the more acidic you are, the more likely you are to have a girl bc it kills off the male sperm. I will feel blessed no matter what but just know this to be true........

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
April 6th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Beautiful Life!
I stayed away from pineapple, even though I think it could help fertility, but I also didn't want it to make it more likely for a girl. While we're happy with either, we're really hoping for a boy. I can't imagine any of it being bad for nursing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search