9 dpo drop--Post 6 is my WTTC journey.

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Gamer_Princess
  • 1 Post By Lucy S.
  • 1 Post By Gamer_Princess
  • 1 Post By Lucy S.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Just had a long night up and down with DH who had fevers, chills, and body aches and was mumbling in his sleep (he has never done that). I now have a pretty big (albeit sleep deprived) temp dip this morning that times perfectly with last months luteal phase. I was hoping that AF wouldn't rear her ugly head. So far she hadn't shown but I am waiting and completely ready to cry. Soy helped speed up my cycle but what good does that do if I continue to have an 8 day luteal phase? Is it even possible to get pregnant with an 8 day luteal phase?

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

Last edited by Orangebrittainy; April 7th, 2013 at 05:11 PM.
April 7th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Pray, then pray some more
I've seen it happen. But I can see where you would be upset. How about come natural progesterone creme. Have you tried taking something like Emerita Pro-Gest? You would start taking it 3 days after you ovulate. I usually test around 12 dpo and stop taking it then if I have a negative pregnancy test so AF can come.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

April 7th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Could be implantation dip I usually have a 10+LP but last month my cycle was cut short as well @9DPO on CD 26 I hope AF stays away and the temp dip was just because of interupted sleep. Thinking of you

coming your way!
Orangebrittainy likes this.

April 7th, 2013, 02:12 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope it was a fluke temp and your luteal phase will be a better length this cycle. Fx for AF to stay away and for you to have a higher temp tomorrow

April 7th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
With an 8 day LP I would worry about progesterone levels. Have you had it tested? Are you taking b6?
Sorry if you have been asked this or know all this

here's hoping it's a implantation dip!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

April 7th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Lucy, its ok for asking. I only have one cycle under my belt, so I haven't had any help yet. I have been on birth control for 11 years, with the exception of stopping several days before my pregnancy, during my pregnancy, the 6 weeks after and a 2 week period between my IUD's. My body is probably getting used to not having hormones tell it what to do, but I am overweight as well, and of all the scenario's that ran through my head a short luteal phase wasn't one of them. KWIM? I am still holding out on it being a fluke though, and so far no AF.

I will admit to being exhausted and whiny and scared. I am really anxious and Here is why:
I have always wanted 4 children and DH wanted 1. He finally agreed to Baby #2 shortly after Will was born but wanted to wait a while (fair enough), then denied agreeing to # 2 completely. It broke my heart. He made me feel horrible about it.

Then in 2008, I was working 70 hours a week and going to school full time, and DH tells me one night he wants another child. I was so ecstatic! Only he calls me the next morning and tells me he is on the way to the recruiter and wants to re-enlist and go back to Iraq. I know now that what was going on was that he was worried about how to support another child and that was his solution, but to me that moved screamed out "Sure you can have another kid, but I won't be around for it" So I refused. He asked me to have my BC removed but I told him I wasn't just getting knocked up for him to leave me, even if it was for the Service. It was one thing if He enlisted and we happened to get pregnant before he was sent off, another thing completely for him to VOLUNTEER to go back to Iraq right after he knocks me up.

Although I was the one to refuse that time, the desire for more children never left my heart. We both got to discussing it and this time with the right intentions, but the CHD I was born with was getting worse, so we wanted to clear pregnancy with my Cardiologist first. I scheduled my Cardiologist appt in July/Aug 2010 one morning, and my IUD removal the very same afternoon. I didn't even get to ask him about having a baby, He told me that things had gotten really bad and that He was referring me to see a surgeon. I cancelled my IUD removal and went home and cried.

I went to the Surgeon Sept 2nd (I think) and he told me I was in the early stages of heart failure and explained to me my choices for surgery. I could choose a tissue or mechanical valve. With a tissue valve I could safely have more children, but a tissue valve would only last 10 years and I would have to have more surgery. A mechanical valve will outlive me, but I have to be on coumadin which makes pregnancy extremely risky. He gave me a list of 4 dates in the next 6 weeks and told me to pick one and pick my valve.

DH and I discussed it and decided on a Mechanical Valve. I believed at the time that I could get over wanting more children, that I could be happy with the Miracle I already had.

Now I am seeing more and more research that shows that with careful monitoring, it is possible to have a safe pregnancy on blood thinners... Although most of the medical field frowns upon it, I have gotten a team of Doctors who are willing to help me should I "Get pregnant" they will not recommend pregnancy, My cardiologist told me point blank that to recommend pregnancy would be a HUGE risk to his career and very few cardiologists would recommend it, however he also said in the next breathe, that he is very interested in the outcome and would be happy to keep me as a patient if I found myself pregnant.

So now here I am trying my best to reach a dream I am scarred, I am worried, I am impatient I am over analyzing every detail and I am so grateful to each of you for hearing me out, and being here to support me and for withholding judgement.

April 7th, 2013, 05:23 PM
That IS scary and I remember part of your story...
But i have read about others who have clotting issues and must be on blood thinners during pg (esp. during pg). although I am not sure of the dose.
Start taking B6 JIC as long as it's okay with your Dr. It shouldn't hurt and it might help your body adjust a little faster after such a long time after BCP.
I wish you tons of luck! Dont beat yourself up for being concerned or worried! I think anyone in your shoes would worry but with lots of care I think you will get that baby you want
FX GL!!
Due with #3
My blog

April 7th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Amazingly, No AF so far!! :Cheer: This means my luteal phase is going to be at least 1 day longer than last month!! I will definitely look into B6 for the next cycle!

April 7th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Pray, then pray some more
I'll be praying it all works out for you and the baby to be.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

April 7th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honey you are an amazing person and you deserve this so much I hope there is not another cycle for you

April 8th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the well wishes, but I guess the Miracle Baby needs more time with Jesus

April 8th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Due with #3
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search