do you "just know"?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Jibby
  • 1 Post By CherryLimeade
  • 1 Post By BDmom6907
  • 4 Post By Gamer_Princess
  • 2 Post By Spyctre
  • 1 Post By chachartier
  • 1 Post By inyourhonor

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Jibby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive never been pregnant thus I have no clue what its going to be like. But I will say I'm always positive every month I'm not. I don't know why...I have a ton of pregnancy symptoms every month.

I feel like I just know my body well.

Did any of you know you were pregnant before it was confirmedd just by intuition?
chrysalis1 likes this.
April 8th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly the only time "i just knew" was my first because DH and I had one night of no protection and I was paranoid. We weren't trying for sure! This is my third and Really didn't start feeling anything different other than absence of pms symptoms!
April 8th, 2013, 09:37 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first I didn't just know - i had no symptoms until after I was already late. With this pregnancy, I knew. And over a week before I was even due! I was pretty sure of what I was feeling because I was pregnant only 9 months ago! I took my first hpt 2 days before AF, and voila BFP.
jeweluv likes this.

April 8th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Veteran
That's how I have known with all of mine! I never had any symptoms (but for one pregnancy) I just knew I was and took a test got a BFP. With my first we were at a bar and DH was asking if I wanted a drink and something in me just screamed no and then I just knew I was.
Jibby likes this.

My Ovulation Chart
April 9th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jan was my only and I felt so different compared to other months... I WAS SO TIRED... like all the time.. I tested at 10 DPO and got a really faint line and then at 11DPO I had a blaring line.. it resulted in a chemical pregnancy though..

This month.. I AM SUPER tired again... I mean like I have taken 2 naps today.. If I am not pregnant then there is something serisouly wrong with me.. I am usually the person who could stay up for over 24 hours if needed... I can barely go 8 hours without sleepign right now.. and it started about 2 days ago...

April 9th, 2013, 05:56 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Yup when I was pregnant with my son. My husband was like, it was our first try. Its wishful thinking and i was like nope, I know it. took a test and BFP. hence, the crazy little child i have lol

April 9th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Veteran
I knew also. I even took a test and it was negative. I was talking to my mom and told her I got a negative but still felt pregnant. My husband thought it was all in my head. So about 4-5 days later I took another one and knew that was going to be positive! I have no idea how many dpo I was because it was a total surprise and I never have regular periods so I never kept track if I was late or not.
April 9th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Super Mommy
With DS1, I didn't have much of a feeling either way. With DS2, I had Mirena (or thought I did, it fell out...). I was at work one day and just stopped dead in my tracks and thought to myself, 'holy crap, I think I'm pregnant!' I went out on lunch break and bought a test and sure enough, bfp. AF wasn't even late at that point, I just *knew.*
Cycle #20, 2nd cycle on clomid
April 9th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I didn't know the first time. I had felt nauseated and tired for a couple weeks, tested(I was 6 weeks along at this point), and got a BFN. So the next couple weeks went by with me feeling nauseated. I started cramping around 8 weeks after sex or any kind of physical activity. I only tested because I thought it was a real bad AF. What the heck was going on? Might as well pee on this last stick. Blazing BFP.

I knew with most of the others. I normally get very sick with hyperemesis gravidarum, and this is my 10th pregnancy. I had nausea for all but 2, even the chemical pregnancies had me sick as a dog from implantation. But I had little to no symptoms with twins I went on to miscarry, and I had no great symptoms with this one till around 9-10 weeks. I only tested because I had a weird period. It was implantation bleeding.
jeweluv and Jibby like this.

James Arwen est. April 2, 2005
Alice Marie - January 9, 2008
Winter Rose - February 14, 2012
Liliana Vale - September 25, 2013

Daniel Constantine - July 19, 2016
Save
April 9th, 2013, 08:56 AM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that I want it so bad that my "intuition" will lie to me and tell me I am even if I'm not. However, it usually only takes one tell-tale symptom and I know, even if it is too early to test. TMI: my husband and I really love it when he plays with my nipples during sex, even getting a little rough, but with my first, they were so sensitive he couldn't touch them at all. I knew then, but I had my doubts since we were on birth control. With this pregnancy, I am still nursing my son. The day before his birthday my milk supply tanked and I just knew it was because I had conceived (that was 8dpo). Two days later I tested, BFP on three different tests. So for me, there is usually a tell-tale symptom, and I don't trust my "intuition" lol, not about that at least.
Jibby likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker

April 9th, 2013, 09:44 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had the feeling of knowing. Our 3rd was not planned and the timing was the worst and I just had this feeling. So I tested and it was positive. My first I also had a feeling, my 2nd, the same. I think my 2nd was the only one I was actually late for to realize okay, maybe my gut is right.
Jibby likes this.
April 9th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When I was pregnant with DS, I had no inkling of a feeling or anything. I was a little tired but chalked it up to working more than usual (I work night shift). It wasn't until I almost threw up when paying for speeding ticket that I realized that something could be going on.

April 9th, 2013, 01:29 PM
jeragiz's Avatar Veteran
With my older boys I didn't even know for awhile . with the last one my girl I turned to my hubby and said if we didn't get pregnaunt today or yesterday Id be surprised . Well I was 100 percent right we were pregnant with a girl, though it ended at 15 weeks. So it is possible

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search