Supplements

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bella88
  • 1 Post By Believingforonemore
  • 1 Post By chrysalis1
  • 1 Post By chrysalis1
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2013, 06:50 PM
TTC # 5
Hello, so I was wondering what kind of supplements everyone is taking...

I a takingVit B6 not sure what that does but if smeone else knows I would be interested in knowing. I am also taking a prenatal.

I would love to know everyone's list of supplements and what that supplement is suppsed o help with. Thank you ladies

Thank you Leanne78 for my beautiful siggy!
April 12th, 2013, 07:08 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think b6 might be to lengthen luteal phase? I take a prenatal vitamin, evening primrose oil to increase my CM and peppermint tea to help bulk up my lining . I am also giving red raspberry leaf tea a go, it's meant to help lengthen luteal phase and strengthen uterine lining too and it has a heap of those pro conception vitamins and minerals in it .
ajones24 likes this.

April 12th, 2013, 07:20 PM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
B6 - I *used* to take this last month because I read that the pill makes women highly B6 deficient and that B6 supplements used to be prescribed with the contraceptive pill to women. But then later I read that B6 suppresses estrogen if you take it during the follicular phase. I also read that B6 is for increasing your luteal phase length, and mine is a typical 14 days, so I just did away with the B6.

Probiotics - I am taking these to promote healthy vaginal flora and pH. We are trying to BD at least every other day and this usually ends up being every day and the swimmers have a pH of like 7 so I want to make sure I don't get any infections or throw off the pH balance of anything with all the constant BDing.
ajones24 likes this.
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014He's finally here!

]
Pray, then pray some more
Vitamins and supplements I am taking.
Pregnacare, Amazon.com: Vitabiotics Pregnacare Conception 30: Health & Personal Care
Inositol, I took 2 scoops one in the morning and one in the evening.Amazon.com: Pure Encapsulations - Inositol (Powder) 250 gram: Health & Personal Care
CoQ10 400mg split in two morning and evening.
Fishoil 2 capsules. Amazon.com: Jarrow Formulas Max DHA , 180 Softgels: Health & Personal Care
L-Arginine 500mg morning and evening.Amazon.com: NOW Foods L-Arginine 500mg, 250 Capsules: Health & Personal Care
I used Pro-Gest after ovulation started 3 days after ovulation.
I also took the herbs my acupuncturist gave to me. Sometimes they were different.
This month I tried soy for the first time and evening primrose oil.
ajones24 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
Also meant to add:

Honey - not a supplement but when I changed my diet recently I started incorporating a teaspoon of honey a day because of articles like this! Apparently honey has been used for years in like ancient cultures as a fertility superfood. http://babyworld.co.uk/2011/10/honey...id-conception/
ajones24 likes this.
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014He's finally here!

]

Last edited by chrysalis1; April 13th, 2013 at 10:01 AM.
April 13th, 2013, 07:53 AM
TTC # 5
Thank you ladies!

Hopingforonemoe: Sounds like a great stash, I have not heard f a few of the supplements I think I am going to check out!

I am also thinking of starting Folic Acid.

April 13th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Pray, then pray some more
Yes it's getting expensive I've been at this almost a year now so I'm going to start to cut some of them out. CoQ10 is the first to go. When I run out I'm not buying anymore.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

April 13th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure it is recommended that everyone take Folic Acid when they are TTC.

I have a sibling in my side and DH has a sibling on his side who are both struggling with infertility right now so I am being as proactive as possible with my supplements. Here is most of my list:

morning

Centrum Forte multivitamin
1000 of folic acid
1000 of omega three fish oil
500 of evening primrose oil
Probiotic
Brewer's yeast
1000 vitamin D3
50mg potassium

night

1000 omega three fish oil
500 evening primrose oil
200 Co Enzyme Q-10
1000 folic acid
Probiotic

DH Supplements

Centrum forte multivitamin
25 mg zinc
50 mg selenium
1000 Omega 3 Fish oils
200 Co Enzyme Q-10
1000 vitamin D
1000 Folic acid

Some of these levels are higher than recommended by physicians but I feel confident that weve done our research and are taking the appropriate amounts of each. if you start supps like these, make sure you drink tons of Water! i start every day with at least 20 oz before getting out of bed and another ten as soon as i get downstairs.

DH and I have a very solid diet as well and over the past year and A Half I've made a lot of lifestyle changes so I've quit smoking, quit aspartame, and added loads of dark leafy greens, veggies and fruits. I've been home juicing and that has been amazing! And truly, I've never felt better in my life!

I will now end my healthy lifestyle infomercial, LOL. Any questions, feel free to ask or PM.
ajones24 likes this.
April 13th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just my prenatal. I eat a well balanced diet and drinks tons of water so I dont feel I need any supplements at this time.
April 14th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Super Mommy
I just take a prenatal vitamin.
April 15th, 2013, 07:47 AM
TTC # 5
Chrysalis1~ I have also heard that about honey, I started taking it than I forget so it definitly has not been to consistant in my diet...but If I could remember it daily I would also take it.

Thanks again everyone for the list....I will be adding some things in

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search