SO, SO CONFUSED....conflicting info..HELP SORT out, please...

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2013, 02:53 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A little background......

I got pregnant with my 1st dd the first month of TTC. After spotting, my hcg levels were tested...and were rising but my progesterone was a 4!!! The OB at the time said she thought it didn't sound like a viable pregnancy but I asked to try some progesterone. I did, it went up, and I have my precious 4 year old now.

I have always had 28 day cycles and at least a 14 day luteal phase.

About a week after ovulation with my 2nd dd, when in fact I was pregnant, we tested my progesterone and my levels were fine. I was pregnant and about 3 weeks later I checked my progesterone again and it was kind of low...a 9. The OB put me on progesterone and I went on to have a healthy baby.

(I had been on Prometrium)

I am now TTC and having a hard time getting a straight answer. I'm in the process of hopefully meeting a new midwife team in hopes of using them if I get pregnant. I want a more personable experience. However, I am due to ovulate next Tuesday. I called my OB but the messages got confused, she has been busy, and the nurse pract. called me back. It was to her knowledge that I requested to be on progesterone and to start it on CD12. I tried to explain that I had always started taking it after I found out I was preg and that I just wanted to know what THEY thought I should do. She was kind of short and just told me to take it CD12. Supposedly, it can't hurt....is this true?

If it can't hurt, maybe I will take it because then there is only a risk if I don't take it. I am also nursing and although my cycles have been regular for over a year, can this affect my progesterone?

I don't want to call back bc they made me feel uncomfortable but I have to make a decision soon as ovulation in near. I don't know what to do.

Furthermore, briefly a midwife said to me over the phone that they believed that low progesterone was only a symptom of an unhealthy pregnancy, not a hormonal problem. WHAT? However, she was comfortable with having me take it if I wanted it.

I don't want to mess with anything if it is not broken. I have conceived both time without it and gone on to take it after I found out I was pregnant but I was not nursing and wonder if this will affect my levels this time and or if taking it can't harm my chances, than I might as well start it right after ovulation?

HELP....doctors, everyone is making me crazy!!

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
April 18th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Also, I read somewhere that if you do start taking progesterone after you find out you are pregnant, it won't do anything......

April 18th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I also had the same problem.

I m/c my first and my progesterone was at a 3. No idea what caused that.
Then with our oldest my progesterone was 7 and I was told not viable but was given prometrium and I now have a healthy 6 year old.

Then we had our youngest. My prog was 14, then 3 weeks later AFTER taking prometrium it was down to 11 so I was told to take it morning and night and I now have a healthy almost 3 year old.

We're TTC now and I already have a script just waiting to fill once I get my BFP. I'm now wondering if my spotting the last few days are because of low P and that MAYBE I am pregnant but not enough to show on hpt yet. Getting worried if I dont get a bfp in the next few days I'm calling my ob.

sorry I guess I have no advice, I can just relate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweluv View Post
Also, I read somewhere that if you do start taking progesterone after you find out you are pregnant, it won't do anything......

It will help raise P levels which support the pregnancy until week 12 or so...
April 18th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Wow, we have very similar stories!! I just don't know whether or not I should just take it post "O"....do you think there are any risks or maybe it just can't hurt? I kind of don't want to have pregnancy symptoms without being pregnant...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search