This has nothing to do with TTC, just need some opinions from parents....

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 07:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermansWife4 View Post
You'd be surprised how many times a mother can clean a floor in a week or even a day and all it takes is one person to walk through and your now "perfectly clean floor" is ruined. Using a white towel on the floor, you're asking for the towel to be ruined anyway. With hardwood floors, dirt gets trapped in the wood itself and inbetween the grooves. Having three children running around my house and in and out, I can't tell you how many times I have to clean my floor spotless and you STILL can't run a white towel over it without picking up something. I'll tell you this too, in 20 years, my children won't be remembering how many times Momma cleaned the floor, they'll be remembering how many times we ran, danced, laughed and played together. Sometimes, there are more important things in life than a spotless house, especially when you have a little gang of children :0)

THIS!! This exactly! Now, I dont feed my kids junk as we eat pretty healthy 95% of the time BUT there are times where I do give in and let them have a special treat , and let them pick out what ever they want.
April 23rd, 2013, 07:24 AM
Super Mommy
When I said white towel- we don't clean it with a white towel. That was just an example of how dirty they let it get. They rarely mop or sweep. Kids are always saying i keep stepping on crumbs and stuff. I understand wood and tile floors get dirty easy. That's not my point. My point is they only clean like once a month or every other month. They never dust. Dust is caked on the shelfs.

Fishermans- I didn't say it has to be spotless. I don't expect it to me near spotless. That's fine.
I don't think your getting my point.

Not trying to start an argument. Just asking what would y'all do? Quit or deal with the parents laziness and lack of common sense.
Like the boy is allergic to eggs(recently found out). That have not told me the results after I asked. They don't tell me important stuff.

Last edited by Sarah_K; April 23rd, 2013 at 07:29 AM.
April 23rd, 2013, 08:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah_K View Post
When I said white towel- we don't clean it with a white towel. That was just an example of how dirty they let it get. They rarely mop or sweep. Kids are always saying i keep stepping on crumbs and stuff. I understand wood and tile floors get dirty easy. That's not my point. My point is they only clean like once a month or every other month. They never dust. Dust is caked on the shelfs.

Fishermans- I didn't say it has to be spotless. I don't expect it to me near spotless. That's fine.

Not trying to start an argument. Just asking what would y'all do? Quit or deal with the parents laziness and lack of common sense.
Like the boy is allergic to eggs(recently found out). That have not told me the results after I asked. They don't tell me important stuff.

I dont mean for this to sound harsh but if you are even questioning quitting I wouldn't stay there. If you have to question it that should be your answer.
cutenurse24 and Adventuremom like this.
April 23rd, 2013, 08:32 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah_K View Post

If that was the question then, I'd definitely find a different job if you feel so strongly about it. I'd also specify when I got a new one that heavy cleaning isn't in your job description and be more picky about who you work for. That might sound harsh but I don't mean it that way. I'm just saying if you feel this strongly about it, you should find a family you click better with. Everyone needs money and a job but it's also important that if you are intending to work for someone, long term, you should get along with them and be in an enviorment where you feel comfortable. It would seem to me you don't feel comfortable here. Added stress while TTC is bad. Anyone will tell you that, even doctors. Good luck with you on your journey by the way. It's a long, hard, difficult road for some women and I hope you're not one of those cases.
cutenurse24 likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 09:38 AM
Super Mommy
Cleaning is not in my job description. If it was I wouldn't mind doing it so much. It just wasnt required from the parents. I do it because I feel bad the kids play on dirty floors. I'm gonna back off on the cleaning unless the mom ask me to. I am looking for a new nanny job. Just haven't found one that pays like this family does or close to it.
April 23rd, 2013, 11:28 AM
Super Mommy
Sorry if I'm making this to big of a deal. https://www.dropbox.com/s/anh2d1u86p...%2036%20PM.jpg. This is what I mean(from the bathroom the kids use,parents room)
April 23rd, 2013, 04:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope what I am going to say doesn't come across as mean and hateful but.....

As a nanny and not the parent you really don't get a say or opinion on how they feed their children. I understand that you are coming from a loving place but put the shoe on the other foot. Would you like them to come into your home and tell you exactly what you should be feeding your kids and how to clean your home according to their standards (or lack thereof!)? To you it might be dirty but to them it might just be how they live. I personally wouldn't live like that but I don't get to have an opinion on how other people live and eat. I find my son the best food I can find 90% of the time but every once in awhile we eat like crap for a week because I am honestly tired of cooking.

If it bothers you that much can you change your perspective and talk to the mom and spin it in that you know they are busy and you wouldn't mind taking over grocery shopping and meal making for the family? Maybe negotiate a bit more pay to take over these tasks to make it worth your while. At least in this way the mom won't be so defensive and feel like you are calling her a bad parent because trust me I wouldn't be very nice to someone who I felt was judging me as a parent.

Again I see where you are coming from but that is the beauty of living where we live.....we all have the freedom to raise and feed our children what ever we choose. There is no law that says you have to feed your children a certain way. I'd say if you are up for it do as I suggested above at least that might help get better food in the children!

Those are my thoughts....
Lucy S. likes this.

April 23rd, 2013, 05:26 PM
Super Mommy
I'm done with this conversation.
I just need to back off.
April 29th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Super Mommy
Things are a little better. Just trying not to let the moms idiotness get to me.
Last week the 2 yr old was throwing fits and climbing out of her crib at nap and night. The mom said to use time outs and take away her berries(comfort item). I did my own thing and it worked. The mom actually cleaned and cooked this weekend. I was a bit shocked. That rarely happens. Now if I can get the kids to listen(mainly the 4 yr old) and stop fighting and use there nice words.

Never had this much probs with kids. Ill getting under control
April 29th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
I am glad it is going better.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

May 1st, 2013, 07:42 AM
Super Mommy
I suppose. Still job looking though.
May 1st, 2013, 08:34 AM
Veteran
My mother in law thinks crackers peanuts and m&ms are a good breakfast. She then gives them diet crush chips and Vienna sausage all day. So when I finally would get them home to cook a good dinner, they refused to eat. Now that they stopped going over there and got a different sitter, they are eating homemade chicken pot pie. Beats the Hell out of snacking all day.
May 1st, 2013, 09:52 AM
Super Mommy
Um ok
May 16th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Super Mommy
Work going better just went back down hill

The mom has been late 3 out of 4 days this week. She has only let me know one of the days. She is now 1 hour late and all over a comp.
May 16th, 2013, 07:33 PM
BLAHSWIFE
well in my experience if the kids are picky eaters then the parents supply what they know the kid will eat. It also depends on the parents habits maybe the mother doesn't know how to cook very well or just isn't into it. My DSS is 6 and tells me all the time he doesn't like vegetables. I assume he eats fast food a lot because I cook and he usually waste food. Its very irritating for me to have him waste food so now I starve him out. I would just give them what the parents have left for them and not worry about it too much.

DS 13y/o DSS 6 y/o DSD 2 y/o

My Ovulation Chart

May 17th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks be we have past the food subject. I just do what I want on that.

The mom is driving my nuts and the dad is a idiot. There about to lose me. As soon as I can find a job that pays as well as this one.
May 17th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry I hope you can get some relief soon or find a better job. Thinking of you

May 17th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Angelgirl30's Avatar Super Mommy
My personal opinion is that you don't like people telling you what to do with your kids and you shouldn't tell someone else what to do with their kids. If you feel that they are in an environment that will cause them harm then go to the authorities. But if you think the authorities would let it go then there is really nothing that you can do. People are very sensitive about their children and don't want to be told what to do with them.
Lucy S. likes this.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!!!

May 17th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Super Mommy
I don't tell people what to do with there kids. Don't know where you got that from.
I never would. There parents don't even know I'm frustrated with the job. I let the food thing go weeks ago. I don't worry about that anymore. It's the fact the mom is being disrespectful.
June 16th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Super Mommy
Well it's my last week with this family. 5 more days and I'm moving and won't be working for a while. Which will lower stress a lot. Will be a very sad week leaving these kids I've nannied for 2 1/2 yrs. : (. It's gotta be done and should have been done a while back. But now I kinda had to since I'm moving 3 hrs a way.

Here is to a stress free month. Fingers are crossed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search