This has nothing to do with TTC, just need some opinions from parents....

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2013, 08:37 PM
mom2ariana's Avatar Super Mommy
Not sure how to delete and I hadn't read that you were moving. So you can just ignore this post because I thought it was still relevant until I realized lol.

Last edited by mom2ariana; June 16th, 2013 at 08:40 PM.
June 17th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Super Mommy
I only have 5 days left with this job.
What the post was originally about doesn't matter anymore. It's the new nannies problem now.

It was the fact the mom was disrespectful at times. House always dirty only getting cleaned once a month or every other month. Always junk food food more then healthy , mom let the kids get away with a lot. Dad punished the kids for no reason at times, dad is whinny like a 2 yr old at times, they don't always tell me how doc appointments go expecially about meds, there always late, I could go on. But it's not my prob much longer.

Momma2. It's ok.

The next nanny won't last.
June 17th, 2013, 09:15 AM
PinkHurricane's Avatar Super Mommy
I have nannied for several families, and the problem in the OP was an issue with just one of the families I was with for a few years. After a while, I suggested to the family that I would be more than happy to cook healthier foods for the children for lunch since they were asking me for my salad, fruit, or veggies that I would bring everyday for my lunch. Their parents didn't realize that their kids wanted stuff other than cheetos and chocolate, and oddly enough their parents started shopping for more produce, and as a result, the kids were eating up the fresh produce left and right!

Sometimes all it takes is a little communication to the parents about any concerns you have. If you have been taking care of these children for 6 months or longer then you have the right to bring up an issue like this to the parents in a calm manner and go from there. If they do not see it as an issue then don't argue with them, just leave it at that and remember even though you are responsible for the children while in your care, they are not your kids and it's something you don't have to worry about once you step foot out of their door.

EDIT:
I'm glad you are leaving, I was stuck in a similar situation and eventually had to leave as well. So disregard everything I just said but also in case you nanny for another family, keep that in mind!
June 17th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Super Mommy
@pink. I know. It wasnt just the way they ate. It was a lot more then that. I've never been so stressed with a nanny job and sick so often. It is time for me to leave.
June 17th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Super Mommy
How would you treat your nanny of two and half years that's leaving?
Would you tell her when you found another nanny?
Would you ask her about a new job if she will be looking after she moves?
Etc....
June 17th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly if I had a nanny in my house for 2.5 years it would be like losing a family member and a person who was a great asset to my children's lives.

I would want the old nanny to help me look for a new nanny, and explain to the new nanny the process

I would tell her that I would be more than happy to be a reference for her and any jobs in the future.

But I am a different kind of person compared to your soon to be former employer, or so it seems I hope you do have a stress free cycle and get your very soon

June 17th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Super Mommy
Gamer will you hire me. Lol. That's all what I was hoping for.
I'm so attached to these kids and there attached to me. It's a bit obvious us 3 are 3 peas in a pod. Lol.
I've gotten the cold shoulder about this. It makes me sad. I get all my info from the 4 1/2 yr old. At least he is honest with me. The parents barely talk to me. Never said how the nanny looking is going , never told me they told the kids I'm leaving. They haven't asked if I'm still gonna be a nanny or do something else. NOTHING. : (. I feel I'm leaving them being ticked at me.

I won't be working for a while but if I decide to work it will be a part time nanny. I will need a reference letter. Ill ask the mom when the time comes.
June 17th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Super Mommy
I do more then what was asked in the interview.
No cleaning was required but the kids toys.
I mop and vaccume the whole house twice a month , dishes and sweep daily, hang up kids clothes, etc...
June 17th, 2013, 09:43 PM
I would def ask and even ask maybe if they needed any help finding a replacement. The parents may just be really stressed they are losing someone good but are too prideful to admit it.

June 18th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Super Mommy
@gamer. That's possible. They interviewed ladies over the weekend. Like my mom said,"They've never had anyone as good as you! And know they won't again either."
June 18th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Exactly

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search