Prescription Med

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2013, 12:24 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I am reading this TTC book that says to check your prescription meds for safety. To my horror I discover 2 out of 3 of my DH's prescription meds are bad for sperm production and my prescription acne gel is bad while pregnant. I hate this. Goodbye beautiful skin Hello moody DH after he drops the anxiety meds

Me(35) DS(12) DS(14)

Last edited by ~ Nicole ~; April 19th, 2013 at 12:27 PM.
April 19th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You could always check with your doctor and DH's doctor if maybe you can be put on something different that would be more friendly with TTC.

April 19th, 2013, 11:05 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
At my last full OB exam the doctor asked me if I was using double BC with my Retin A and was surprised no one had warned me about the potential risk of birth defects. I mentioned in another year I wanted to get pregnant so that prescription went into the trash that day to be safe. Women need to be careful of any thing that can get into the bloodstream through pills or creams. Good topic you brought up. Hopefully there is alternate anxiety medication he may be able to use.
April 19th, 2013, 11:08 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH is going to get his yearly physical in a week and ask for alternative but actually a lot of doctor as not aware of the less important side effects such as reduced fertility so we will have to do a lot of research ourselves. I am really sad about the face cream though, my skin has been the best ever in over 15 years. I might just apply it to my chin only 2 times a week since this is the only area I have trouble. I have heard conflicting opinions about Retin A so maybe 1-2 times a week on a very small area might be ok.

Me(35) DS(12) DS(14)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search