thinking about charting

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
Okay, I've always used OPKs and have never charted temps. My problem is that I almost always have to get up early morning for a potty break! Not always at the same time, but usually around 5ish.

I know you are supposed to take the temp at the same time every day. How do you all do it? Do you set an alarm, then go back to sleep if you have time?

Also, if I am on CD4, is it too late to start for this month? AF is still here btw. Just curious. I was successful just using the opk, but since I don't really understand the CM thing...I thought temping might help.

After the M/C, I just really want to do whatever I can to increase my chances. I will start Clomid tomorrow. Does that affect your temp? We also sleep with TWO fans on us at night....does that make a difference??

Sorry I'm so full of questions...but I really don't get it all. Any help would be appreciated!!

April 20th, 2005, 08:48 AM
bananna's Avatar Regular
Hi Amber! I think temping is great. It is a great way to know when you ovulated so you dont go crazy when your period never showed. LOL However temping will not tell you you are ovulating. Your temp wil rise after you ovulate. So you know after it is too late, but it is still good to do just to get an idea of how your body is working and so forth. I set my alarm to go off before it is time to get up for work but after any potty breaks could have happened. It is important to temp the same time every day after 3 hours of sleep. Your temps will vary very much even an hour later. Fans being on should not affect your temps. You are just basically watching for your jump to know when you ovulated. I don't know wabout clomid affecting temping sorry. Hope this helps some and I didnt ramble too much. Good Luck!

http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/945d2

Shawna
XOXOXO

Have Faith everything happens for a reason.
April 20th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
that helps some. I figure I will use the OPK to know when ovulation should occur, but if the temps do what they are supposed to, I will know for sure that I did. If that makes sense.

I know I did last time because they did a blood test to check my progesterone. But, this time I am going to be taking a prog supplement, so I don't think I'll be abel to tell by that.

Is it too late to start temping now? since I'm already on day 4?

Also, as long as I temp after three hours sleep, does it have to be exactly the same time every day?

April 20th, 2005, 09:21 AM
bananna's Avatar Regular
No it is not too late to start temping. As long as you start temping before you o you should be ok. The point is to see the jump. Yes it is a good idea to do both. You want to temp the same time every day. I have takin my temp at my regular time and taken it again a few hours later (still sleeping) and it jumped like a whole degree. So you want to at least try and temp the same time. You could try taking it in the middle of the night during a potty break and than do it again when you wake up. That way you know how much of difference it will make. Some people dont change very much some do. Have I confused you yet hee hee.

Shawna
XOXOXO

April 20th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
nah, I think I am getting it!! I guess doing it will tell me for sure what I understand. Apparently reading the cart can be confusing too!! Yay, can't wait!! But I figure I'll do what I can to speed up the process.

Clomid, OPK, charting and progesterone....I should have a pretty good shot...hopefully!!!

April 20th, 2005, 09:58 AM
bananna's Avatar Regular
Well I hope so good luck to ya!!!!!

Shawna
XOXOXO

April 20th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Veteran
Amber,

I'm also doing clomid, charting, and progesterone. I don't do opk's. I don't trust them! lol I know when I ovulate, especially on the clomid. If you need help charting, let me know.

If you get up to go to the bathroom, take your temp. Set a time when you usually get up, say 6:00 and then if you take your temp at 5:00, deduct .2 from the temp you get. If you get up at 6:30 then add .1 to your temp. Deduct or add .1 for each 1/2 hour that's different than your normal time.

April 20th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by momtocurtis@Apr 20 2005, 06:13 PM
Amber,

I'm also doing clomid, charting, and progesterone.* I don't do opk's.* I don't trust them!* lol* I know when I ovulate, especially on the clomid.* If you need help charting, let me know.

If you get up to go to the bathroom, take your temp.* Set a time when you usually get up, say 6:00 and then if you take your temp at 5:00, deduct .2 from the temp you get.* If you get up at 6:30 then add .1 to your temp.* Deduct or add .1 for each 1/2 hour that's different than your normal time.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
Thanks so much! I'm sure I'll be asking you for help That does help to know what to add or deduct based on the time difference. Tomorrow will be the first day I do it, and I'll start the clomid tomorrow too!

I don't really know when I ovulate, but I expect it is late, since my cycles are longer. Last time (in Feb when I conceived) I ovulated on cd21...and that was WITH the clomid!! So, I don't know if it will be the same this time or not. What do you think? Would it probably be the same? It's the same amount of clomid, she didn't up the dosage.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search