TTC while breastfeeding?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Mrs. Harris's Avatar Praying for #2
Hi everyone! I'm new to this board. I'm Miranda, mama to Kaleb who is 16 months. He is still nursing. We've been TTC #2 for several months. I've had 4 or 5 cycles but they are really irregular. Last cycle was 28 days with a positive opk on CD 19 and 20. The cycle before that was 38 days with positive opk on CD 30. My luteal phase is way too short and I'm guessing that is why I haven't gotten a BFP yet It's sooo disappointing to get a + opk only to start bleeding a week later.

How can I lengthen my LP? I've been taking vitex for a couple months and I just started taking maca also. Going to start acupuncture. I'm pretty sure that I'm ovulating- positive opks, ewcm, o pains etc. Is there any way to be sure? I do not temp because my toddler wakes me up at night and I don't think it would be accurate. I've thought about trying to space out nursing sessions but I can't wean him. I feel like that's unfair to him. Should I see I doctor? (I like natural/holistic treatments and usually avoid doctors but I'm getting desperate) I only have a short window of time in which I could have another baby because of my husband's job. Can't get knocked up if he isn't home!

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have

Last edited by Mrs. Harris; May 1st, 2013 at 12:44 AM.
April 30th, 2013, 07:54 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Drink red raspberry leaf tea. You can buy it here, and this page also has a TON of info about how it helps regulate cycles and whatnot. Plus it's good for milk production!

Here's the link:

Red Raspberry Leaf - cut, organic - Bulk Herb Store

You can also buy Alvita Red Raspberry Leaf Tea bags, or Traditional Medicinals brand. It doesn't taste bad at all, I really like it.

April 30th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Mrs. Harris's Avatar Praying for #2
Thanks. I probably still have some from pregnancy. Didn't know it helped regulate cycles also. Did it work for you? Congrats btw
April 30th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would say that since you are trying to lengthen your luteal phase to take a B complex vitamin. That should definitely help you. Fingers crossed for you that you get your bfp soon. You can still temp as long as you get 3-4 hrs of uninterrupted sleep.

May 1st, 2013, 03:48 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
B complex should help, but you have to be careful because you can overdose on B.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

May 1st, 2013, 04:54 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I am pregnant and nursing. My lp was only 8 days, and I was fairly regular normally. This cycle was crazzy because it was a miscarriage cycle. We were not trying. I figured my lp was a good birth control. But I got O signs 3 times. Counted 8 days each time, loaded my purse up with supplies, and no af. We didn't have sex anyway so I knew I was wrong about it. One day DH wants sex, I notice more ewcm, and I am thinking another fake out. 8 days later I started spotting. Went on for 6 days. I only tested because when I described the weird blood to a friend, she insisted I was pregnant. I posted on JM thinking this must bean annovulatory cycle, but those periods were normally heavy.

So I know it is possible. I heard you can still get pregnant with an lp shorter than that. Met one woman with 3 kids and a regular 7 day one. Said her doctor didn't believe in luteal phase defects. :| Guess for her he was correct.

Vitex fixed my cycles before. B complex vitamins screwed them up, but I think I am just a rare bird. When I did the B vitamins, they delayed ovulation. I didn't O for 70 days! Stopped taking them and immediate O 3-4 days later. So if you notice a lack of O with them, those are the culprits. Something about them increasing a hormone. Been years since it happened.

Good luck! I hope you conceive soon! Maybe don't wean the little man, but try to cut back on comfort nursing. That itself may lengthen it. The less I nursed my daughter, the longer my lp got. Itwas 4-5 days when I started to get regular.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven NTNP for #4 and doing the boy diet till!
http://arwenart.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search