Some inspiration, for when the world criticizes you.

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes
  • 5 Post By Orangebrittainy
  • 1 Post By hopeful_girl55
  • 2 Post By Orangebrittainy
  • 4 Post By hopeful_girl55
  • 1 Post By hopeful_girl55
  • 3 Post By Seaweed
  • 3 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 1 Post By inyourhonor
  • 1 Post By cutenurse24

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2013, 09:38 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
I just read this article about how so many people have nothing but negative things to say about women who are having more children. The article is specifically for pregnant Moms, but I feel like it applies to TTC as well.

Having Babies {in Opposite World}

My Favorite Part:

If you are a pregnant woman, boldly declare your excitement for your baby bump!

When you are in the midst of bottles and binkies and spit up and tantrums and sleepless nights – do not let the enemy whisper in your ear – “this is too much.” Lean on Jesus and thank God for giving you SO much!

When the world says, you are too young. Remember Mary was young.

When the world says, you are too old. Remember Sarah was old.

When the world says, you don’t know what you are doing. Remember Eve – who had no role models at all…she just walked with the King.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

May 2nd, 2013, 11:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know for me, when I do get pregnant, that will hit home. I am 20 and I know once I start telling people, if it ever happens, that I am pregnant there is going to be so much judgement. Like, "why didn't you finish college first" and "why wouldn't you wait till you have a house" or "why wouldn't you wait till you are completely financially secure".
Well to them I will say, "because it is mine and SO's life. We will do what we think fits us best. I have health problems now so who knows what I will be like in my thirties. If I don't do it now, or get started now, who is to say they for sure I will be able to."

I liked this, thanks for sharing.
Orangebrittainy likes this.
Stay positive and stress free. Enjoy yourself.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
May 2nd, 2013, 11:13 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
I had my son when I was 20. People thought we were crazy, but like you I had health issues, and still do. At 19 I was the healthiest I had ever been in my life, so I took a chance, and I have Will. Yes, I should have got married, and finished college first. Life would have probably been much easier. We probably wouldn't have struggled so much and could both be successful people doing what we loved. However, I don't know that we would have gotten through a rough patch in our marriage if we we didn't have Will to set an example for. I believe we would have fought and argued and probably done mean vindictive things at the time that would have destroyed any chance we had of rekindling our relationship. And while we did not stay together because of my son, the fact that we were both willing to put differences aside and make sure our son was not a pawn in the game, helped me to see what I did love in my husband, and led the way for us to talk and to work on our relationship. I also believe that if we had waited, I would only be trying for #1, instead of #2. I believe that DH and I would be different people today, because parenthood changed us both for the better.
cutenurse24 and Adrienne214 like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

May 2nd, 2013, 12:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Exactly. That is it. I know life will always be a struggle, because you no longer just have to think about you but everything becomes about them. And the bond between you and your children will change your heart forever.
Its funny how some people go through life and focus solely on career and then when its too late they realize that maybe they do want children. I couldn't imagine living with the guilt of knowing I put it off till it was too late.

May 2nd, 2013, 12:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm all about TTC when you want regardless of marital states, career status ect. BUT... it drives me crazy when people are not financially steady and they still TTC. In my opinion if you are on ANY I mean ANY type of government assistance, it's not wise to bring a baby into the world. If you cant afford your own health insurance or your own food, it will be a struggle to afford a baby/child and why put them through that? All my kids have been planed, this one is going to be a bigger gap then we wanted but we waited until we paid off a few things to be able to afford another child. Priorities comes first. I'm sure I'll get heat for that but that's how I feel.
May 2nd, 2013, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Everyone feels differently and orders their priorities differently. I try to understand anyone's decisions about children before I judge, because I would want the same treatment for me. Everyone is going through something and has a different circumstance, but that doesn't necessarily mean your choice is wrong. Like I said before, its what works best to fit in your life.
itsjessicarose likes this.

May 2nd, 2013, 01:55 PM
Seaweed's Avatar Super Mommy
I am 23 and got married last year to the love of my life. Some people (mainly colleagues) thought I was crazy for getting married and they had to make their comments, divorced people as well all. I dont have anything against divorced people (my parents are divorced too), but if I am going to get marriage advice then I will ask someone who is happily married for the last well....forever lol. So, I can't even imaginewhat people are going to say when I am pregnant but I really dont care lol! Afew days ago I was speaking to a couple of girls and one of them said: so when is the baby, when are we having the baptism? And the other one jumped in and said: baby? what are you talking about? she can't have a baby yet, she is a baby herself! I thought: wow...lol. I am married with a house, a job and a husband with a really good stable job. And 20's is supposed to be one of the healthiest age frames so trying for a baby now can only do good. My mum had be at 19 and now wherever we go everyone thinks we are sisterswhich I think it's brilliant!. BUT MOST IMPORTANT: Hubby and I make a lovely, warm, happy home. You can't define happiness as it's different for every person, but it is what your heart desires so just follow it and you won't be wrong. As for all them judgemental people.....well....they are probably jealous they haven't got your happiness! :-). They wish they were you!
May 2nd, 2013, 03:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much for sharing!

If DH and I were to wait until we are secure, we wouldn't be TTC until our mid forties. Literally.

I'm 28 and he is 31 currently. I spend most of my days trying to focus on the positives, because there are often quite a few negatives in our lives. I have so many people around me saying to wait, wait, wait. Well that's all well and good but I don't really want to wait until I'm 45 to start a family.

Thanks for sharing!
May 2nd, 2013, 05:51 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful_girl55 View Post
I know for me, when I do get pregnant, that will hit home. I am 20 and I know once I start telling people, if it ever happens, that I am pregnant there is going to be so much judgement. Like, "why didn't you finish college first" and "why wouldn't you wait till you have a house" or "why wouldn't you wait till you are completely financially secure".
Well to them I will say, "because it is mine and SO's life. We will do what we think fits us best. I have health problems now so who knows what I will be like in my thirties. If I don't do it now, or get started now, who is to say they for sure I will be able to."

I liked this, thanks for sharing.
I had my first son when I was 19. I turned 20 two months later. I do not regret it and have the most amazing and smartest 7 year old ever. I was given a lot of judgment on having him so young as well as our wedding. We were engaged before we became pregnant, we decided to move up our wedding because we wanted it done before having the baby. Many people assume otherwise. Let them pass judgment, you know that you are doing what is best for your family. It's nobodies business otherwise

I'm pretty certain we'll be getting more comments about having a girl, or if its a boy will we be disappointed. Or on top of that, it being our 4th, we'll get the large family, hands full comments. The annoying things I've gotten with the last pregnancy. I just shrug my shoulders and go on my way.
hopeful_girl55 likes this.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
May 4th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Brittainy for sharing that article with us, I appreciate it I really think that no one should pass on judgement on anyone for what they are wanting to do. You don't know their finances, circumstances, etc. I really feel that there are some really mature young people out there and know what they are getting themselves into. But I also know there are a lot of immature young people out there just having babies and have no idea what they are getting into.
Orangebrittainy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search