trying to conceive after IUD

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2013, 12:26 PM
mom2ariana's Avatar Super Mommy
I had my mirena removed 2 1/2 weeks ago and me and hubby immediately started trying. my OB said i don't need to wait any time at all, which makes sense because your uterus thickens it's lining in preparation for implantation.

i never had periods on mirena, but i did ovulate. i know that for certain because one time i was seen in the office for cramps, and an u/s revealed that i had ovulated.

how many of you conceived quickly after mirena or IUD removal? my ob said i should expect a period within 3 - 4 weeks, which means I will ovulate around week 1 - 2 of removal. we have been dtd every other day and once twice in a row when i suspected ovulation. i took a pregnancy test last night for fun and got an evap line
May 2nd, 2013, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had iud removel in August 09 and was pregnant in Oct 09. Took 2 cycles and was preggo!!

Now I had IUD removed in Feb, and it's may now and not preggo yet. I also didnt have AF at all with iud so my cycles are a bit wacky right now.

Good luck!
May 2nd, 2013, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I can't help with advice about TTC after IUD because I've never had one. But I wanted to say welcome to the boards! I hope you get your BFP soon!

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
May 2nd, 2013, 12:41 PM
thank you ladies!! i am very impatient and want that BFP now! But I know I should enjoy trying.
hopeful_girl55 likes this.
May 2nd, 2013, 12:44 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
Hi! I had my IUD removed on 4/8. 3 days after removal, I had some spotting and one night of bleeding. I ovulated yesterday, 5/1.

My OB said the same thing -- we could start trying right away and that he personally has seen women back in a few weeks after removal because they were pregnant.

I'd be interested in following your journey! Feel free to private message me!
May 2nd, 2013, 12:47 PM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had the mirena, and it took some for my cycles to regulate because of the
hormones in that iud.. I didn't get my first period after it came out for 4 months..
But every body is different.. I hope your come swift and painlessly for
you.. and to our lovely board! Any questions just ask away!!!

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
May 2nd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Thanks!! I like this forum already - everyone is so nice and it seems to be really busy!!

girlsofsummer - i still haven't had a period since removal. all i had was very light discharge one time. i was thinking for sure that would be the start or i would bleed heavier from the removal, but it disappeared as quickly as it came!
May 2nd, 2013, 01:07 PM
How long after removal did you have that discharge? The same day, a few days later?

I ended up using OPKs almost immediately after removal to try and figure out what my body is doing. That way, if/when I had a positive, I at least had a benchmark (ovulating) to go off of. So now I'm 1 DPO and waiting to see!

For the record, I had barely-there "periods" during 2 years of Mirena. The first year I didn't have any semblance of a period, then had maybe 2 days of brown discharge every other month.
May 2nd, 2013, 01:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
I got pregnant on the first cycle off my IUD back in 2007.

GL and hope your TTC journey is a short one.

[/URL]Renee
May 2nd, 2013, 02:54 PM
I meant to put that it was pink discharge - it was i think maybe day two or three after removal?

i had some random spotting here and there with mirena, but i dont know if it was a period. sometimes i used a tampon, but i never assumed it was a period because it didn't even fill up half the tampon in 24 hours and it was totally irregular.
May 2nd, 2013, 02:55 PM
I meant to put that it was pink discharge - it was i think maybe day two or three after removal?

i had some random spotting here and there with mirena, but i dont know if it was a period. sometimes i used a tampon, but i never assumed it was a period because it didn't even fill up half the tampon in 24 hours and it was totally irregular.
May 2nd, 2013, 05:54 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first IUD removal, it took about 6 months afterwards, I just had my 2nd one removed in early march, and I'm not pregnant yet. I'm on my 2nd cycle, so we'll see!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
May 2nd, 2013, 08:27 PM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First, Welcome to JM! My IUD has been out since October. I spotted here and there while on the IUD and my cycles came back regularly right away. I am on my 7th cycle and hoping that this one is it. Everyone is different, I have read so much on it lol. Some people get pregnant right away, some get pregnant with twins because we are not supposed to ovulate on the IUD and your body goes into overdrive. However the percentage of pregnancy after IUD removal was it's highest at 8months after removal. Good Luck!

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart
May 3rd, 2013, 07:19 AM
Thanks ladies! I don't know if I could handle twins - that's a scary thought.
WaitinginNJ likes this.
May 3rd, 2013, 08:09 AM
mom2pne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had mine removed on 1/21/2008 and started having a period right away, 25 days later I started another and 24 days after that I started my 3rd and got pregnant that cycle. That was in March took a pregnancy test on April 3rd, 2008. Saw my OB on April 25th and sadly it was a blighted ovum. I m/c'd on April 30th, 2008. it took another 8 cycles to get pregnant again and my last son was due exactly 9 months after the baby I lost due date was. I was due 12/13/2008 and Lennox was due 9/13/2009. GL to you!
May 3rd, 2013, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, just wanted to share my experience after mirena with you. I had the mirena or about 3 yrs and had only 1-2 periods the whole time. I started regular cycles right away. I had it out last Sept and waited about 3 or so cycles before TTC. We got preggo on the 3rd cycle of trying. One of the months timing was way off though. So I think you shouldn't have any trouble, but all depends on how your body adjusts. GL! I hope it doesn't take long for you.
May 3rd, 2013, 12:31 PM
Leah W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just got my BFP, about three months after the IUD came out. It was just a copper one, though, so I'm not sure how well that'll apply to your situation with the hormones from the Mirena. Good luck to you!

May 6th, 2013, 06:56 AM
congratulations! That is so exciting i'm hoping the hormones don't play much of a role, because all that is in mirena is progesterone (same as a mini bc) ... GR still no period 3 weeks after removal and absolutely NO SIGN that it's coming
May 6th, 2013, 07:15 AM
You may have ovulated in that 3 week time? If you ovulated, say, 5 days ago, you still have at least 9 days until AF is expected. Just a thought!

Your periods on Mirena sound exactly like mine, and that was considered "normal" by my gyno.

I think my doc said to give it several weeks (I think he said 4-6, I wish I remembered) and if you still don't get it, go in for a visit so they can "jump start it."

It's so hard to be patient!
May 6th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Ooh I wonder how they jump start it? That sounds like my cup of tea LOL. I'm hoping no period means I'm lucky enough to get pregnant on the first cycle

I'm never patient, about anything!

!!!
WaitinginNJ likes this.

Tags
conception , iud , mirena

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search