when should i test?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dlammers
  • 1 Post By bellepivoine

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2013, 09:06 AM
hopelessly wishing's Avatar Super Mommy
My periods are very irregular. frm jan to feb it was 28 day cycle frm feb to march it was 28 day cycle frm march to april it was a 37 day cycle. i use my days app.
I ovulated on 4/28 and it says i should start my period 5/17. Should i wait till after the 17th to see if i start or not? That seems like forever and a day.
Im kind of stuck. i think if test before and get a BFN i will be really upset. either way i will be upset. i dont like this.
May 3rd, 2013, 09:50 AM
dlammers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is sooo hard to wait until you miss your period to test. I never do...I make it till about 7 dpo. But it is hard to see those negatives. I say...if you can wait, then wait. But if you have the urge to test early and get a bfn, just remind yourself that it is early and you aren't out till the witch shows! Good Luck!
hopelessly wishing likes this.

May 3rd, 2013, 10:03 AM
Regular
I agree! It is SOOOO hard to wait but SOOOO hard to see those bfn's. I think because some women get bfp's super early, we tell ourselves that might be us too. But odds are, even if you were preg, you wouldn't get a bfp until closer to missing your period. I'm just entering the tww and already have that feeling I always get - it's like when you're on one of those rides like power tower or tower of terror and you're just sitting at the top waiting and waiting for the fall. Anxious, excited, scared, impatient, angry that dh dragged you into this predicament once again

If you test, let us know!!! GL!
hopelessly wishing likes this.
May 3rd, 2013, 10:54 AM
thanks ladies..

i think i will wait till i get closer to my period. but if i start to feel strong sysmtoms, i will definately check and keep you posted on results. (:
May 4th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree, it is so hard not to test early. But I personally wait because I hate being disappointed with a bfn. I would rather wait til when AF is supposed to show up or have her be a day late before I test. I know that is easier said than done. I have my fingers crossed for you!!! I hope that you get your bfp this cycle

May 4th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Thanks
I think testing before af comes is a jinx for me anyways. a couple of times i thought i might be pregnant because i was obsessed with any little thing i felt. lol. so i would go out and buy a hpt and i would take it and literally the second after i take it and wipe Af is there! I think that was the most upsetting. it happening like that. im just going to wait it out(:

Last edited by hopelessly wishing; May 4th, 2013 at 11:26 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search