Pretty sure I'm out before we even got the chance to start.

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By inyourhonor
  • 1 Post By inyourhonor
  • 1 Post By inyourhonor

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2013, 05:03 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I became sick last week and needed an antibiotic to fight an infection. I've noticed as I've gotten older (sorry a little bit ) that when I take an antibiotic now, no matter what I do, I end up with a yeast infection.

So of course the timing of all this falls in when we need to be having sex! I want to kick my body if it were possible! I feel like it's a waste to chart right now, even though I know it isn't. It's still helping me see when I'll ovulate and how everything matches up from last month. But it still sucks none the less.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
May 6th, 2013, 05:06 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
UGH I am so sorry! I really am. . . Thats so frustrating.

May 6th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry! Was almost in the same boat last cycle. I got a massive uti that turned into a Kidney infection, and was on 2 different meds, and right before ovulation I was also super sick with a cold and was on meds for that. We did bd but the timing wasnt the best, and I was on so many meds. Good luck next cycle.
May 6th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Thanks you guys. I just couldn't believe the timing, but it seems fitting since this stuff usually happens for me at all the wrong times.

My husband said he'd risk the as he put it, yeasties, to try and make it this month haha. I'm glad he's willing to attempt one for the team, I just don't know if I could!

Killian's Birth Story
May 6th, 2013, 05:54 AM
aarafko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry the timing isn't right, that can be so frustrating. You've got a great hubby! I hope this is your month. For me, the two times I thought there was absolutely no chance to conceive we did! Maybe you will have the same experience! Fingers crossed!

May 2013 February 2014 July 2014
May 6th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I get a yeast infection everytime I take antibiotics too. I started taking this Azo yeast medicine with the last few pills and then for a few days after and it seems to help. Maybe you could give that a try. Its just like the Azo for UTI but for yeast and you can take it everyday for prevention. I currently have one too because I just got off antibiotics for a bladder infection so, I feel your pain girl.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
May 6th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful_girl55 View Post
I get a yeast infection everytime I take antibiotics too. I started taking this Azo yeast medicine with the last few pills and then for a few days after and it seems to help. Maybe you could give that a try. Its just like the Azo for UTI but for yeast and you can take it everyday for prevention. I currently have one too because I just got off antibiotics for a bladder infection so, I feel your pain girl.
I do take the AZO for yeast and I bought a new one when I picked up my script because I just had the feeling of what I was in for again.
hopeful_girl55 likes this.

Killian's Birth Story
May 6th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lol it always happens to me. I get a UTI or bladder infection which makes DTD painful and by the time I feel better from that I have a yeast infection. Its an endless cycle. lol
Glad you have something to help with it.

May 6th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful_girl55 View Post
Lol it always happens to me. I get a UTI or bladder infection which makes DTD painful and by the time I feel better from that I have a yeast infection. Its an endless cycle. lol
Glad you have something to help with it.
Haha, same here! It's like my bodies way of saying "Let's clear one thing up and toss you another!" I even made the semi-joke to my mom (who drove me because I couldn't and the husband stayed with the kids) that I bet I was going to get one. She says I jinxed myself, probably haha.
hopeful_girl55 likes this.

Killian's Birth Story
May 6th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lol I talked to my doctor about it and he said there is basically nothing I can do. If I get a yeast infection from antibiotics I always will. Unless something in my body changes the way it processes the bacteria being made by the antibiotics it will always from a yeast infection because it tries to counteract too much and causes an over load. Its quite annoying.
Even more annoying, trying to explain to SO what a yeast infection is and feels like. He doesn't understand how much it hurts to try to DTD. lol

May 6th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry that you a sick. But love the DH is willing to take one for the team Really hope that you still have a good chance at getting your bfp this cycle!!!

May 6th, 2013, 09:57 PM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Idk if this will help you at all, but I was told to try inserting one
Ounce of live culture plain yogurt every other day while on
Antibiotics. I have done this every time since and have not
Had a YI from antibiotics since.. Been over three years..

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search