CD15 Update

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey everyone!

CD15 today and I've been doing OPKs since CD9. They are still light and I really don't see much progression. Sometimes one will be kind of darker than the one before, but definitely still negative. I really hope this isn't going to be a repeat of last cycle, I'm so discouraged. We have been BDing some and my DH is hopeful, but I don't think he understands the fact that I can't get pregnant if I'm not Oing. He seems to think it's just going to happen...I, on the other hand, am more realistic which makes me depressed.

Is anyone else taking a while to regulate off the pill? I've been off for 3 months now and I don't seem to be regulating at all.

Everyone on my Facebook is getting married and having babies with no problem. I'm happy for them, but I wish I could do the same. My sister found out she was pregnant a couple of weeks ago, but she miscarried I am so sad for her. She has kids already, but this is her 3rd miscarriage and it breaks my heart.

Sorry for the Debbie-Downer post. I know I can vent to you girls, though

On another note, Happy Nurse's Week to all you fellow nurses!! Hopefully this will mean lots of cake and candy at work this week, haha
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

May 6th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're having a rough time….. ((hugs)) I stopped bcp in January and my cycle still has not regulated. I've only had 1 28 day cycle since stopping, SEVERAL 14-15 day cycles… so 2 AFs in one month… and, this last cycle was 32 days.

I hope things even out for you soon and you get your BFP!
May 6th, 2013, 10:36 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
I'm so sorry that you're having issues with your cycle regulating since BC. I hope that it snaps back into shape soon. I totally understand how frustrating this can be. To me the worst part of the cycle is waiting to O b/c it is so stressful with the worry of trying to BD before the test is actually positive and sometimes having several days of positives and then trying to figure out how much longer you need to BD. It is so stressful.

Also I am very sorry to hear about your sister. Any MC is heartbreaking.

Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!
May 6th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Nerd
I am so there with you! I stopped the pill in Dec but haven't been Oing. I'm trying Clomid this cycle because all of my blood tests and hsg came back normal. In other words they don't know why I'm NOT ovulating. My doc said that "Some women just need a little help to ovulate." While I'm hoping the clomid works for me, I Hope your body regulates and that you never need it.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
May 6th, 2013, 11:01 AM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
Yup, I'm also trying to regulate after stopping the pill. I stopped on new years day. We are actually around similar cycle dates, I'm on CD17. I had a never ending cycle right before this one that I ended with provera. I actually wish i hadn't done that, because I believe I ended up Oing around CD105, but the provera had already induced a period. Anyway, last year my most perfect cycle was 30 days. And i ovulated CD17. That's what I had been hoping would happen this cycle but its already cd 17 now but i have also ovulated on cd37 before and 29. Those were all after stopping the pill last year, although i ended up going back on the pill. Its so difficult to time BDing. When i was eighteen my periods came every thirty days like clockwork and now at 22 after the pill it's doing whatever.
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014

Last edited by chrysalis1; May 6th, 2013 at 11:04 AM.
May 6th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Regular
I got off the pill last June and in the past couple months have just started having a regular cycle.....I was on it for YEARS though (like.....hmm....15 years?!) I was really worried/scared at first because I was told by so many people that it just takes a month or two to regulate and my cycle was SO messed up (each month my luteal phase got shorter and shorter until my gyno basically said I'd need medical intervention to carry to term, plus I'd have spotting all throughout the cycle, cramps at random times of the month, etc) - so I thought my body was just messed up and I was sad and depressed and thought this would never happen for me just naturally. But I've been noticing lately that I O around the same time, my luteal phase has lengthened and is about the same length each month, and no more spotting.

As far as the OPKs - have you been doing them for many cycles? You may just be O'ing late this cycle. I experienced this this cycle. Did opks and saw no progression - thought maybe I had O'd SUPER early and I just missed the surge, but then was like "what the h, I'll just keep testing for a few days". Then all of a sudden, BAM, got a super positive. They can be so hot/cold. Just keep testing for a few days.

So.... hang in there - everyone's body is different - you probably won't take as long as I did to regulate. I know women who have gotten pregnant the month after stopping bc. Heck, I know a woman that got pregnant while ON bc smh. But GL - and if you need to continue to vent, you can do it here!
May 6th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thank yall so much for the advice and support. its good to know I'm not the only one going through this, even though i hate for yall to be going through the same thing as me. I did OPKs last cycle and got some positives around CD30, but never actually O'd as far as I know. I hope I'll see a positive in the next few days and my cycle will shorten. I really hope I don't have to start using Clomid to conceive. I really just want it to "happen", but don't we all... hmph!
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

May 6th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMV106 View Post
Hey everyone!

CD15 today and I've been doing OPKs since CD9. They are still light and I really don't see much progression. Sometimes one will be kind of darker than the one before, but definitely still negative. I really hope this isn't going to be a repeat of last cycle, I'm so discouraged. We have been BDing some and my DH is hopeful, but I don't think he understands the fact that I can't get pregnant if I'm not Oing. He seems to think it's just going to happen...I, on the other hand, am more realistic which makes me depressed.

Is anyone else taking a while to regulate off the pill? I've been off for 3 months now and I don't seem to be regulating at all.

Everyone on my Facebook is getting married and having babies with no problem. I'm happy for them, but I wish I could do the same. My sister found out she was pregnant a couple of weeks ago, but she miscarried I am so sad for her. She has kids already, but this is her 3rd miscarriage and it breaks my heart.

Sorry for the Debbie-Downer post. I know I can vent to you girls, though

On another note, Happy Nurse's Week to all you fellow nurses!! Hopefully this will mean lots of cake and candy at work this week, haha
I am so sorry to hear that your sister had a miscarriage, I'm sure that is heartbreaking to everyone in your family.

I also totally relate to your feeling down and depressed. My DH had the same idea that when we do IUI next cycle, that if his little swimmers can get in close enough that we can get pregnant. I on the other hand am not so confident about this at all especially since we know that the right tube is damaged. So I totally understand how hard it is to be excited and positive when you really feel that you don't have a shot. I really hope that your body will begin to figure things out soon. Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and praying for you.

LOL to lots of candy and cake for the nurses Our hospital doesn't want to leave people out so they can't acknowledge the nurses for all the hard work that we do. Instead they have a hospital week which I honestly think is a crock of crap. I work my butt off to save lives and you can't take time out to recognize that because you you are going to offend the other people that work at the hospital and don't have RN after their name?? Sorry it just irks me, can you tell ?? Happy Nurses Week to you too!!! Hope your hospital does a better job at recognizing the nurse staff than mine does.

May 7th, 2013, 05:40 AM
MrsJones's Avatar Veteran
Happy Nurses week to you too!!!

I stopped my bcp in february of this year. My first cycle off was 50 days. I o'ed on cd 39, confirmed with OPK and temps. This cycle seems like it will be a long one as well. I have had a couple of blaring positive OPK's but no temps to support actual O. Now that I want kids I feel like being on the pill is going to ruin everything. I want to get pregnant, and I want it now. It just sucks having to wait and I know I'm only 24 but I feel my biological clock ticking.

May 7th, 2013, 05:53 AM
aarafko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry your going through this. I wasn't on birth control but for many years I was having problems with ovulating. Before Ella, my husband was taking the same stance of "it'll just happen". I knew there was something wrong with me (that I wasn't Oing) and the "it'll just happen" approach wasn't going to work. Heck we had already been trying for over a year at that point and wasn't working. I was the more realistic one at that point too. How can "IT" happen when there is no egg to catch, right? Finally after really sitting down and explaining it to him in "guy" terms, he understood and sympathized. I can relate to the frustration and just being darn right mad (at my body) for not cooperating with me and what we wanted. I couldn't understand why I couldn't do what everyone else seemed to be able to do SOOO easily. I beat myself up alot over it, really. We tried for 6 years before we got our miracle. I watched many of my friends have 2 or more babies and here I was still trying. Talk about major frustration. I went through a few drs that just gave up on me since they couldn't find anything wrong. It was the hardest 6 years of my life but now I have the greatest and most important little person in my life and another one on the way. I wouldn't trade anything of that pain and heartbreak. I wish you all the best! If you ever need to talk to some one I'm here Sending much and

May 2013 February 2014 July 2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search