For anyone ttc their 2nd+

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By MommaLove13
  • 1 Post By mom2ariana
  • 1 Post By LucasMom11
  • 1 Post By hellokittylittle

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Davis720's Avatar Super Mommy
I just read this article and it made me feel a little better so I thought I'd share! Maybe a babymoon and some acupuncture is just what I need!

Why can a second child be so hard to conceive? Despite easily becoming pregnant first-time around, more and more women are struggling when they try again | Mail Online

May 6th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're TTC our 3'rd. First baby was a struggle and dealt with a m/c before we had a healthy baby. TTC #2 was super easy (I was shocked!) now ttc #3 and we're on our 3 cycle so we shall see when it happens.
Davis720 likes this.
May 6th, 2013, 02:45 PM
congrats on two healthy happy children! Hope you get #3 soon how long did it take you the first two times?

May 6th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well taking a babymoon is just not an option for us. But have definitely done more research and looking into acupuncture. If nothing else I figure it will at least help regulate my monthly cycles and hormones better. Also hoping that it would be able to help with my stress. Pretty sure between stress from work&taking care of the home and working night shift does not help us in our quest to try and get pregnant.

May 7th, 2013, 08:51 AM
mom2ariana's Avatar Super Mommy
We are TTC for #2. My daughter was a surprise - we weren't married and had been dating 5 months. We DTD 3 times in the month that we got pregnant. So we were very fertile I guess. I'm hoping this time around is just as easy! I'm in my 3rd week of TTC and am not "late" yet so no testing for me! We'll see!
Davis720 likes this.
May 13th, 2013, 08:16 AM
LucasMom11's Avatar Veteran
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! GRACIAS! This has helped me a lot...it was like they were talking about us..with my son, now 2, we said "Why don't we have a baby?"and BAM! I got pregnant, first month of using no protection; Now, it's been 3 months, and nothing. Now, I know that 3 months is like 'nothing'....BUT I have been sooooo stressed....and last friday, I once again took an HPT thinking I WAS pregnant....and I showed it to my DH because I SAW a line....he didný (of course, it wasn't there...), and he told me: "Don't worry....relax, I think it'll happen next year"...and that was it, I said to myself "Why are you stressing so much!"....so I decided to relax, lost some weight, which will help me regulate my cycles and all....and I will not take another HPT until I lose the weight I want to. And this article just encourage me to wait...thanks a lot, and I really hope we all get our BFP soon, but not desperately!

Blessings! And Oh! ONce I lose some weight, I will definitely try some acupuncture....it might help with stress too
Davis720 likes this.
May 13th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Veteran
Ttc #3 aswell. No issues with other two. Got pregnant very fast. This has taken 3 cycles as well but was on hormonal bc for 4 years. So no such luck. Did get pregnant the end of February but did not hold. Good luck.on ur bfp. I'm still waiting for a tww.
Davis720 likes this.
May 13th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Good luck this cycle ladies!

May 13th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
Thanks for sharing. I'm TTC #4. #1 was when I was younger, we decided we wanted a baby, tried for a month and then realized we weren't ready and stopped trying. A few weeks later we found out I was pregnant. #2 was an accident. There were two instances within a week of each other and she was conceived during one of them (once condom fell of, second was unprotected). #3 we tried for and it took 6 months.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
May 14th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Regular
TTC #4. First 3 were easy. With baby # 1 ..was a shock. Baby #2 was conceived first month. Baby #3 was conceived 2nd month. We are currently on month 3 with ttc baby 4. Our timing was perfect last month and this month..not sure why we didnt conceive last month. Praying this will be our month!! AF is due 5/21..currently 8 dpo.
May 14th, 2013, 03:00 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I personally think the #1 reason why it can take longer to conceiver at 2+ kids is because you are older than the babies before.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

May 14th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Lol callista my ds was an accident too! So I don't know why #2 is so hard
Nicole, I agree that in general age does play a factor. However, I'm barely 27, so I'm not included in the age range that dr.s say is when your egg production slows down. For us right now its unexplained why two young healthy people with a child together can't conceive after 12 cycles. Frustrating! Oh well... On to cycle 13!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search