Where is aunt flo? Is there still a chance??

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By JoannaEvelyn06
  • 2 Post By BabyX
  • 1 Post By hopeful_girl55

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Davis720's Avatar Super Mommy
Okay, I know, I know. I pretty much do this every cycle: test and test and when I get my bfns all I want is for af to HURRY UP so I can try again! Now I'm late... arg! why?

So I usually have a 24-26 day cycle, and I have taken progesterone and clomid this cycle. However, the last time I took my progesterone pill was THURSDAY NIGHT. It's Tuesday morning, and I'm 1-2 days late, so where's af? Usually it only takes a 1-2 days for the progesterone to leave my body and all symptoms go away but...

I could have sworn that I had bloated/tender bbs yesterday and could see more veins in them yesterday, but maybe it's just the witch playing tricks on me. I've also been sick for the past 5 days with sinus yuckiness (yes, I'm sure that's a technical term heh). So I keep thinking maybe that's tripping up my body too.

So I got a bfn yesterday at 13 dpo (the day af is usually here by at the latest). My lp is usually 12-13 days. Is there really still a chance? Or should I try to kick-start af? And what do I do?

May 7th, 2013, 06:07 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
I say there is still a chance. . . But for me, to kick start AF we DTD.

ALSO when I was pregnant, I got a sinus thing and one of the guys at work was like, you're pregnant thats what happened to my wife. . . I took a test that following weekend and I was.
GL and FX!!!!
Davis720 likes this.

Happily married to the love of my life, mom of two beautiful babies, Gary & Adalyn
May 7th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ahhh! I hope the stays away….. KUP sweets! And, to kickstart, I agree…. have sex.
Davis720 likes this.
May 7th, 2013, 10:31 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
I hope that maybe you are just one of those people that get a late BFP, but I will share my experience with you. I took Clomid several times and it lengthened my cycle by a couple of days each time. Maybe this is why AF hasn't shown, or maybe hopefully you have a little bean snuggling in slowly. Is this the first time that you have been on Clomid?

Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!
May 7th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Thanks ladies! Still no sign of the witch. I don't feel preggo, I mean I knew immediately with ds, but I have hope until af shows!

Yes! This is my first time on clomid, and I was ready to try dr google and see what it said about clomid lengthening a cycle, but I wanted to ask you ladies first maybe that's all it is, but my bbs are really throwing me for a loop. They're def fuller than usual and feel a bit heavy, which I don't usually get around af like some ladies do. Maybe this is from the fertility drugs, too? I've been all natural since Thursday night so it seems odd that it'd affect me still but what do I know? Hehe

I'm really considering retesting if af doesn't showin 24 hours, even though I know it'll probably be another bfn :/

May 8th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Okay... STILL no af...? I did orientation at my new job today and stuck in a tampon just in case. When I pulled it out, there was a tiny bit of brown on the end. I wish I could hope for ib (I had this around 13dpo with ds) but it's now 15dpo, and even though I don't feel symptoms of EITHER af or a baby, well, I guess I'm thinking it's probably the If she doesn't show tonight, we'll bd And if she doesn't show by the morning, I just may test again.

I did read last night of a few cases where women who were taking clomid who tested throughout (like we all do!) wouldn't get a bfp until late. I know my chances are slim, but I'm still hopeful. Has anyone heard of testing but not getting a bfp til late?

May 8th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I really hope you do get your bfp!!! But I took clomid back in February and I normally have a 25d cycle, had never ever had any spotting in between cycles and after I took clomid I had spotting off and on until af showed on cd 50!!! Clomid really messed with my cycle. I really hope that this is not the case for you and you get your well deserved BFP!!! KUP

[url=http://daisypath.com][/ur
May 8th, 2013, 05:56 PM
yikes! I hope not too! I still haven't seen the witch, and the spot on the end of the tampon was over 5 hours ago. usually she arrives pretty soon after i see spotting, so I guess who knows?

Melissadd, did you continue with clomid? what did your dr say about it making your cycle so long?

May 8th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well the Dr that put me on clomid was a quack, he never did any testing before I started the clomid no US or bld work...nothing!! I did not continue with the clomid and I did not tell the Dr, but on my next cycle after the clomid I requested to have a US on CD 11 and I had 3 mature follies over 18 mm and on CD 19 had a progesterone draw and it was 25 so needless to say I did not need the clomid! I have since seen a new ob/gyno and she could not believe that a dr would prescribe clomid without a full workup.Dr "quack" told me that clomid would not mess up or make my cycle longer but my new Ob/gyno says that clomid can for certain people really mess up their cycles and I know for a fact that it did with me because the next month af showed up right on time. I really hope that this is not the case for you and that you have a little bean that is just taking his time snuggling in. Please KUP.

[url=http://daisypath.com][/ur
May 8th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Definitely have my fingers crossed for you!!! I am really hoping that you will get a beauitful blaring when you do test!!!

May 9th, 2013, 07:12 AM
hey ladies! Well last night dh and i dtd, and I had more spotting after. When I woke up this morning, I peed into a cup and thought about dipping a hpt into it... but then I wiped and there was af! Ugh.

So I called my ob today and they said to count yesterday as cd1, and to do the 50mg of clomid from cd3-7 again. I have to get labs done on cd21 to check my progesterone levels to make sure I o'd. better luck next time I guess. Feeling pretty down :/

May 9th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am glad you have a plan for next cycle.
I hope everything works out. So sorry AF showed, geez I really hate her. I hope you get a sticky little bean next month. I'll keep my Fxd for you!
Davis720 likes this.
Stay positive and stress free. Enjoy yourself.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search