AF is here - why? Feeling sad.

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By inyourhonor
  • 1 Post By dlammers
  • 1 Post By 2014 Offshoremama78
  • 2 Post By bella88
  • 1 Post By mom2ariana
  • 2 Post By sareymac

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2013, 09:30 AM
mom2ariana's Avatar Super Mommy
AF just arrived a few minutes ago. I don't really understand. I know that we've only been trying for 3 weeks, and that's so short compared to some. But why? I don't really understand. We had sex every other day, and sometimes twice in a row. How do you not get pregnant? I wish I knew why. We can have kids. We have a healthy almost 3 year old together.

Part of me is happy that I have a cycle to base everything on now, but most of me is sad. This sucks. I don't want to go through this again.

I'm scared that I will have to endure many more months of this. What if my periods aren't regular? What if it takes a while? UUGHH.
May 8th, 2013, 09:43 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Bummer, I'm sorry AF came. But really, think of this as starting fresh. A clean slate to work off of, not just an IUD removal date to go from.

Try not to stress!
May 8th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I'm trying to think of it as a positive thing. Is it possible I could have ovulated before removal? (I ovulated on Mirena) ... Can you ovulate and still not have a period for 3 weeks?
May 8th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With IUD's things can get confusing. Some can get pregnant the first month after removal and some it takes a month or two to get the periods to act normal. Hopefully this cycle is totally normal and you get your BFP. Fxd for you dear.
Sorry AF showed, we all know how much it hurts. Big hugs.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
May 8th, 2013, 10:31 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get being bummed but I would honestly take this as a good thing. You will now have a cycle to start with and be able to track. I had my IUD taken out March 6th and I'm still here, it stinks but I'm kind of glad to get a good idea of how my body is working.

Last IUD it took me 6 months to get pregnant with our 2nd son. I'm hoping it won't take as long this time, but I'm prepared. I was more regular with the last IUD than I was with my other one.
hopeful_girl55 likes this.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
May 8th, 2013, 10:32 AM
dlammers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry...it really does suck when the witch arrives. And we all go through the moment when she gets here that we think we are done and can't handle the stress anymore...then af goes away and we have new hope. There is light at the end of this looong hard tunnel. Good luck to you next cycle!
hopeful_girl55 likes this.

May 8th, 2013, 10:58 AM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about the witch hun.. We all have been at the point where we did every thing the way
We are supposed to and she still shows up. It is disheartening. So hugs to you..
mom2ariana likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer
ACM conceived with Soy Iso On 07/04/13
Currently (10/2014) TTC With SI, SMEP, BBT, CM, CP, and OPK

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
May 8th, 2013, 11:56 AM
You guys are awesome thanks! Glad to know i'm not alone in this journey.
May 8th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Seaweed's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry hun, don't get discouraged. We have been trying since end of January for our first and nothing so far. Others here have been trying for several years. People go on and on about contraception when you are at school and how you can get pregnant but reality is, it is not that easy. Every cycle that you try, if you do it at the right time and you are both super healhty then your chances of pregnancy are 25% only. So it is really a miracle and it doesnt happen easily. AF came for me on Sunday and I have been very depressed since. I just couldn't and still can not understand how someone my age has not conceived yet after 3 months of unprotected intercourse. And then you see other girls, going out for one night and getting pregnant by accident and it can make you think how unfair life can be! It was only first go, so don't worry at all! You will get there! At least you have one and you know for sure you can have kids! There is nothing to worry about! :-)
May 8th, 2013, 02:54 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry. Even when you do it all right it feels like there should be a better guarantee but unfortunately that's not the case. It's an undertaking where the odds are kind of against you. You should watch this documentary, it really put into perspective for me just how much work goes into simply fertilising an egg. While I knew the general ideas and percentages in regards to conception, it's a great visual representation of just what happens. I think everyone on the board should watch it. Informative and very entertaining! It's called The Great Sperm Race: The Great Sperm Race - YouTube

May 8th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry that AF showed up.If you just had your IUD removed then it could very well take your body some time to get used to how to work on its own. Honestly secondary infertility is a lot more common than most people realize. It can take a normal healthy young couple up to a year to get pregnant when they are actively TTC. Good luck to you.

May 9th, 2013, 07:16 AM
thanks ladies. a special thanks to bella88 for the video - just what i needed. it was very entertaining and really explained why it may take a while to get a BFP.

I'm not going to think about secondary infertility right now. I'm way too early in my quest for #2. No one in my family has ever had any fertility issues, and neither have I. I have been pregnant twice on accident and have 1 healthy baby girl.

I've come to terms with AF. I think it's a good thing. Despite the fact that I believe your uterine lining is thick enough to support a baby after IUD removal, now I won't have that "what-if" in the back of my mind. AND, my body NEEDED a period. I think it will help to balance out my PH. I've had odor issues the past 6 months or so and I'm assuming no periods had something to do with it.

to all of us!!!
bella88 likes this.
May 9th, 2013, 07:37 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Hang in there! I know how you feel I feel the same way every month Our first was a first try baby and now we are going on 5 months of trying for this one. . .its frustrating but stick around here as much as you can. there is just soooo much support!
inyourhonor and mom2ariana like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search