Tips? Haven't had success yet.

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By hopeful_girl55
  • 2 Post By Lindsey4884
  • 1 Post By victoria0294

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Hi all. I'm new around here. My husband and I started trying in February and I just got my period (6 days late) this month so I'm getting tired of seeing AF! Anyone have any good tips? I don't drink, smoke and I'm trying to limit my caffeine intake to only about 80 mg a day. I've been charting my temp for the first time this month. Just wondering if I'm missing anything.. I am looking forward to having this support group as I'm getting frustrated.
May 8th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You are doing just about everything right! Try not to overwhelm yourself with having to do everything. Keep doing what you are doing and maybe next month try something new. Its takes even the healthiest couples in the best circumstances around 6 months to conceive. So don't get too discourages yet.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
May 8th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Seaweed's Avatar Super Mommy
I am sorry darling, I will copy and paste something I said to another girl a few minutes ago, who was as frustrated as you:Sorry hun, don't get discouraged. We have been trying since end of January for our first and nothing so far. Others here have been trying for several years. People go on and on about contraception when you are at school and how you can get pregnant but reality is, it is not that easy. Every cycle that you try, if you do it at the right time and you are both super healhty then your chances of pregnancy are 25% only. So it is really a miracle and it doesnt happen easily. AF came for me on Sunday and I have been very depressed since. I just couldn't and still can not understand how someone my age has not conceived yet after 3 months of unprotected intercourse. And then you see other girls, going out for one night and getting pregnant by accident and it can make you think how unfair life can be. Doctors do say though that a healthy couple can take about 6 months on average to conceive! :-) Good luck and don't lose hope.
May 8th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Thanks to you both. It is crazy how our society really emphasizes that pregnancy can happen the FIRST time you go unprotected (which I know it can) but when you are ready and you want it to just happen, it doesn't. over and over... Going to keep on truckin'!
hopeful_girl55 and Seaweed like this.
May 8th, 2013, 03:40 PM
victoria0294's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's so true! We've also been trying actively since January. We're both healthy- I've never smoked, don't drink alcohol except very occasionally, don't drink caffeine, and I exercise 5 days per week. It can get frustrating when I know so many people that are pregnant and didn't have to do things like take OPKs and temp. But a few months ago I decided that stressing and getting depressed about it is certainly not going to help us. I believe that when the time is right for us it will happen.
The other ladies are right, it can take healthy couples at least 6 months.
I will say that this cycle when AF is finished we're going to BD a lot more during my whole cycle We've only been doing it around O time.
So just try to stay positive, and keep BD'ing this is a great place to come for support, everybody is so helpful!
Good luck!!!
Seaweed likes this.

expecting identical twin girls!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search