I'm needing advice right now please!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gamer_Princess

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So, as I said in my last post, we had a wonderful night out. We are back home this morning and I tested again because this spotting just has my mind tangled up in possibilities. Once again, BFN. Also, my OPKs always have a line and it's almost always the same color...it doesn't vary too much. So I need advice.

For those of you who don't know my story, I stopped BCP in late January and I had to end a 72 day cycle with Provera and I hoped I would have a natural cycle this time. I'm on CD28 now and like I said, I haven't had a positive OPK, and I have been spotting on and off for about 8 days.

So questions

#1- When do you think I should refill my provera to stimulate another period? Should I wait or should I go ahead and do it?

#2- I have to go to my Dr on the 3rd day of my second round of provera for a new game plan. I am obviously not ovulating. Should I ask about Clomid, or do you think it's too soon after BCP to be going that far? I don't know much about Clomid...is that a pretty drastic step? Am I just not giving my body enough time? We have been TTC for almost 4 months.

#3- What's involved with Clomid? How often would I have to get monitored? Anyone have any success stories?

THANK you ladies, as always!!!
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

May 19th, 2013, 10:26 AM
BLAHSWIFE
If you just stopped BCP in January it can take up to a year for your body to regulate itself. In my opinion you shouldn't jump the gun and go straight to clomid give your body a chance you may not need help. With all medication there is a risk so just try to be patient and give your body the time it needs. It may also depend on your age, in my twenties I had erratic cycles but they calmed themselves down. Best wishes to you.

DS 13y/o DSS 6 y/o DSD 2 y/o

My Ovulation Chart

May 19th, 2013, 10:37 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
I would give it time as well. It takes time to get things back to normal in there GL!!!

May 19th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My opinion you should consult your dr on when you should take the medicine, and how long you should wait before trying any alternative meds like clomid. Having just came off BCP, your body is still regulating. With my consultation with my Dr advised me since I just has iud removed to give my body 6 months (or 6 cycles, which ever comes first) before I come back in (unless it's something major) to see if my body needs any help or if I need any labs done.
May 19th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
#1- When do you think I should refill my provera to stimulate another period? Should I wait or should I go ahead and do it? Being that you are on CD 28 I would go and get it filled just to have BUT wait until at least CD 35 to take it. If you do happen to O before then it will not harm the pregnancy only boost your progesterone. I would continue to do OPKs and see what happens but like you said your tests are not changing so I would def induce my period.

#2- I have to go to my Dr on the 3rd day of my second round of provera for a new game plan. I am obviously not ovulating. Should I ask about Clomid, or do you think it's too soon after BCP to be going that far? I don't know much about Clomid...is that a pretty drastic step? Am I just not giving my body enough time? We have been TTC for almost 4 months. BCP are sometimes the hardest things to predict because once someone comes off of them it can take a bit for your period to regulate. When we first started the NTNP thing it took my period almost 9 months to regulate It sucked but I was not worried about being pregnant and we were not trying hard core... it was more of not having to take my BCP every day. Once I got my period regulated it took about 6 more months to get an average 28-30 day cycle. Before that it was anywhere from 30-40 days. This is a personal choice. I have no idea how old you are and how long you are willing to play the wait and see game. If you doctor is willing to help before your one year mark of TTC then I would go for it. Clomid is not a miracle drug BUT it does help with ovulation which will help you a lot. To tell you the truth I wish I had gone to medical assistance before I allowed myself to be okay with it. I could very much well have a healthy baby in my arms right now or a toddler....

#3- What's involved with Clomid? How often would I have to get monitored? Anyone have any success stories? Clomid is an oral pill taken either CD 3-7, CD 4-8, or CD 5-9 it is really up to how your doctor prescribes it. You usually start out with 50 mg and can work your way to 200 mg ( I think) to help strengthen your ovulation and to help produce mature follies. Many doctors do not monitor but from what I have researched and according to my RE monitoring is the best way to know if the meds are working. If you are taking 50 mg and are your follies are not maturing like they should then an increase in dosage is done. Also, monitoring allows your doctor to measure your lining. Lining is a huge thing because if too thin pregnancy cannot be supported even if the eggie was fertilized. Too thick and you can have issues. If Clomid is harming your lining, many times Femara is prescribed. There are loads of Clomid success stories but sometimes it does take a few cycles or it may not happen at all. The main reason for Clomid is to help with ovulation and follicle maturity. It is not a HUGE step like injectibles/IUI/IVF but it is a great resource It never hurts to try it

On a side note, I think the day and age of waiting for a year or longer is not around anymore. Many people put off TTC because of school, work, etc and before they know it they are a bit older than what they use to be. My doctor would have started me with medical assistance the first appointment I booked BUT i was too scared. Infertility can take a toll on your mind, body, and soul. It can affect your marriage as well. I would do what is best for you AND what you/your DH decide.

Being that you took BCP for a long time I can take a bit to get things going. You are retraining your body to do something different. The best thing is to go back to your doctor
bella88 likes this.

Last edited by Gamer_Princess; May 19th, 2013 at 11:00 AM.
May 19th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow!! Thank y'all so much for the helpful advice!! It really helped! I agree with you ladies that it may be kind of early for clomid, but I also agree with gamer that once you are ready to conceive, every day seems like an eternity and takes a major toll on your life. I feel like I don't have an infertility problem and that more time will help my cycles adjust. I am only 23, I have a long time left to have children, but I am getting soooooo scared that something is wrong with me. I think I'll do another round of provera, see my dr, and see if I can get some labs drawn and start from there. I don't know if I'm ready to jump on the Clomid ship just yet, but it will definitely be an option if I don't have some regulation in my cycles within the next few months! I am so glad that I have y'all to help me, I feel like my questions have been answered ill keep y'all updated!!!!
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

May 19th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with what Leslie wrote. I would get the script for your Provera filled and take it if AF not here by CD 35. I would definitely see if your doctor will at least do a Progesterone level on CD 21. Hoping and praying that your body just needs a little more time to figure out what to do now that you are no longer taking bcp. I do think that it is probably a little early in the game to think of asking for Clomid. But you would always take Soy Isoflaves which is kinda like a natural version of Clomid. Here is a post by Leslie about what she took a few cycles ago: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...n-for-you.html (Gamer-Princess I haz a question for you :)) Just wanted to let you know I am thinking about ya.

May 19th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will definitely look into that!! I agree about it being early for Clomid. I still have faith that my body will straighten out. I will consider it in a few months if nothing happens, though! I value all of your advice and opinions, thank you ladies!!

May 20th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gosh I must be going mad to not have mentioned Soy Iso lol Thanks Sarah Jane

May 20th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Can I buy Soy Iso just anywhere that carries vitamins/herbs? And can I start taking it right away or do I need to wait until this cycle is over?

May 20th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Nerd
I agree with most of what the other ladies have said. When I have my laptop I'll throw in my two cents.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
May 20th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the other ladies. Every women is different and some take a year to regulate while others it can happen the first cycle.
So if it were me..I would make sure I was getting all my vitamins right, like taking Vit D and a B complex to get all them, along with my folic acid. Then wait at least 6-8 months or so, and if I still wasn't Oing at all I would talk to my doctor about clomid.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
May 20th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you!! I'm going vitamin shopping today! Lets hope it works! I'm going to see my dr next week because she wanted to see me if I had to refill my provera. I may ask her to draw some labs just to check my hormone levels... But I'm not gonna ask her about Clomid yet

May 20th, 2013, 02:19 PM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
I love reading your posts jmv106. I had all the same questions you just posted. I'm 22, have been trying since Jan when i stopped the bcp, and had a long cycle ended with provera right after stopping the pill. I didn't know that for some women when they were in their twenties their cycles were erratic. I thought you were supposed to be super regular in your twenties. But come to think of it when my periods were erratic when i was a teen the doctor did tell me that some women don't settle into a "perfect" cycle until they're well into adulthood... So maybe. I definitely know what u mean about not thinking you have fertility issues but worrying if something is wrong because it isn't just happening.. I think I will be able to get pregnant this year naturally if i can just get a.darn ovulatory cycle! I confirmed three last year while not really trying, and its annoying that i haven't had one yet this year and its May. I keep thinking darn itshouldn't have messed with things by taking the provera. Its like CD 29 for me and i had a positive opk last week and o pains so I'm hoping maybe i finally started ovulating again? Anyway good l luck and I'm glad you asked these questions!
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014He's finally here!

]

Last edited by chrysalis1; May 20th, 2013 at 02:25 PM.
May 20th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Soy helped me a lot. My first cycle was 39 days, with an 8 day luteal phase.
I was impatient so Cycle 2 I decided to jump start my body and took 80 MG of soy isoflavones on CD 2 and 3, and 120 on CD 4-6. I ovulated 10 days sooner, but still had a 9 day luteal phase. So cycle 3 I took 120 MG soy on days 2 and 3, and 160 MG of soy days 4-6. I also took B complex from day one of Cycle 3 to lengthen my luteal phase because the other methods interact with a medication I take. I ovulated on CD 16 (6 days sooner I think) this is the cycle I got my BFP.

Your body will most likely regulate its self out but I feel that Soy really helped me.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

May 20th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysalis1 View Post
I love reading your posts jmv106. I had all the same questions you just posted. I'm 22, have been trying since Jan when i stopped the bcp, and had a long cycle ended with provera right after stopping the pill. I didn't know that for some women when they were in their twenties their cycles were erratic. I thought you were supposed to be super regular in your twenties. But come to think of it when my periods were erratic when i was a teen the doctor did tell me that some women don't settle into a "perfect" cycle until they're well into adulthood... So maybe. I definitely know what u mean about not thinking you have fertility issues but worrying if something is wrong because it isn't just happening.. I think I will be able to get pregnant this year naturally if i can just get a.darn ovulatory cycle! I confirmed three last year while not really trying, and its annoying that i haven't had one yet this year and its May. I keep thinking darn itshouldn't have messed with things by taking the provera. Its like CD 29 for me and i had a positive opk last week and o pains so I'm hoping maybe i finally started ovulating again? Anyway good l luck and I'm glad you asked these questions!
I'm glad you like to read my posts!! I always have so many questions! It's good to know you understand how frustrating this "regulating from BCP" junk is!! I hope we both regulate soon!!

And yes, I'm looking everywhere for soy Iso!! I want to try!

May 20th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Nerd
Okay I'm on my laptop and can type easily now...

I didn't see my OB GYN until it had been 6 months since I had stopped taking the BCP and my periods still weren't regular. I was going 60 days in between periods. That wouldn't have bothered me before, but being as we were actively TTC it did bother me. My OB GYN put me through a battery of tests before RXing Clomid.

That being said I do think that waiting six months is a good starting place. Some doctors won't see you until you've not conceived for a whole year!

Clomid isn't really that big of a deal. It's the top prescribed fertility drug for women. Yes there are side effects, but they weren't that bad for me at the dose of 50 mg. Clomid works by tricking your body into thinking that you aren't producing enough estrogen by binding to the estrogen receptors in your brain during the days that you take it. That's why you take it early in your cycle.

I'm a skeptic and I ALWAYS like to urge caution before taking "natural" or "alternative" supplements. A lot of supplements aren't regulated as strictly as RX medication. In fact any company can make any claim about a supplement until the FDA comes in and formally asks the company to demonstrate their proof. If you research soy isoflavens you will see that it is a HYPOTHESIZED that they work in a way that MIGHT be similar to Clomid. I'm not saying don't take it, but just know that these supplements aren't miracles in a bottle or pill.

I know the pain of long, unproductive cycles. And I hope for your sake that your body regulates for you soon. Keep us posted on your next plan of action.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
May 20th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much for the response!!!

I bought soy Iso today but I'm hoping ill get some answers at my dr appt next week and I won't have to take it. I'm hoping to get some labs done, and I'm really hoping to start my own natural cycle before the appt. I also don't know how well it will work, but it's worth a shot! I'm coming up on my 5th month TTC, so if I haven't had any progress by the end of the summer I'm going to discuss Clomid with my dr!

Your cycles sound like mine... BCP really did us in! I wish you all the luck and baby dust. Thank you for helping me!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search