How Often

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By MommaLove13
  • 1 Post By WaitinginNJ
  • 1 Post By Macarena

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Morning Ladies!

We have now entered the getting ready to ovulate phase and I'm expecting ovulation around the 24th(ish).

How often are you guys BDing? Every day or every other day? Do you also do it after ovulation? If so, how many days past?

Thanks in advance!
May 20th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
To be honest, we bd just like we normally would. If I get a +opk we will bd that night but we really dont stress or time bd. It takes the passion out of it, and that's no fun for us. So we typically have sex 2-3x a week on average, sometimes more sometimes less depending on if we are wanting it or not.
WaitinginNJ and bklynbabe like this.
May 20th, 2013, 12:09 PM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We bd all the time lol, except for when he is sick lol... We never think we HAVE TO DO IT NOW....we just do what we feel naturally.
bklynbabe likes this.

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart

My Ovulation Chart
May 20th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Some say that the day before, the day of, and two day after O is the best way to up you chances. That's probably close to what I will do this month. We are trying to BD like every other day or so till I am close to ovulating then it will be every day for about 4 or 5 days. And we will continue to BD during the TWW just in case something happens and I don't know.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
May 20th, 2013, 02:16 PM
2EverAfter's Avatar Super Mommy
We're just starting cycle 2 but we don't worry about it and just BD whenever we feel the mood to - I don't think I would enjoy it at all if it was too scheduled.
May 20th, 2013, 02:46 PM
We try to do both - feel the mood and match O. Usually we try to "meet" every other day during my fertile days and also on the O day.
hopeful_girl55 likes this.

TTC: 10 months
Me: 29
DH: 32
May 20th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Seaweed's Avatar Super Mommy
We do it a couple of days a week or so, when we actually feel like doing it, but when we approach ovulation we just try to do it a bit more often to increase chances.....dont want to start pressuring sex though.....it really stresses men out. My hubby gets upset cause he feels like a robbot when I get obsessed! lol
May 20th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
Honestly I tend to not want to BD much. Once I'm doing it I enjoy it but often have to force myself (and I don't just mean while TTC, I mean normally.) I'm also only starting cycle 2 but we're basically BD every other day and then when signs points to getting close to O we will try for everyday. If I don't get a BFP after a few months though I expect not to do it that much. I would have sex a few times after O just in case I was wrong about the day.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
May 20th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We usually bd every other day once AF leaves. Of course our work schedules make that hard some times but we work around it We try our hardest not to make it a chore but enjoyable.

May 21st, 2013, 06:14 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have sex when we want, up until we know I should ovulate, then we put it on hold. We've been going 2 days before I am supposed to, if I don't ovulate the day I should, then we add in another one or two times.

But we don't every day, or every other day. We've always had a fairly active sex life, we keep with that.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
May 21st, 2013, 06:36 AM
Super Mommy
We tried to do every day last cycle and it didn't work out. We ended up doing every other day, which I've heard should be enough. Obviously it wasn't Although, we'll probably average the same this cycle too. We work opposite shifts, so sometimes it's hard to find the time.
Cycle #20, 2nd cycle on clomid

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search