When do your boobs get sore?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2013, 11:26 AM
tiffany&co.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm thinking I'm weird. My breasts feel sore right before ovulation sometimes (they did this month) and always sore as soon as I start getting positive OPK's. Hormonal imbalance?

Also - they are always sore up until my period, but I know most everyone experiences that. I'm just wondering about the pre-ovulation breast tenderness.

May 21st, 2013, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure it's different for everyone. Mine are sore right at O, and then stopped and now at 8dpo they are super sore.
May 21st, 2013, 11:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My boobs never hurt. I just say it's because I don't have any lol! But I know a lot of people's are sore around O and around AF and also in early pregnancy!
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

May 21st, 2013, 12:51 PM
Hmm thanks ladies. I'm just worried that the soreness so early on (usually the day before or day of a positive OPK, but this month even earlier than that) could mean I have a hormonal imbalance of some sort. So frustrating.

May 21st, 2013, 02:10 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When pregnant mine never really got sore and they very slowly grew. So I guess everyone is different. But I hear they can start to get sore even before AF is due.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

May 21st, 2013, 02:17 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My boobs are sore during AF, right before O, and in the 2WW. I also get really nauseous around O as well and crampy.

May 21st, 2013, 02:35 PM
Gamer Princess do you know if you have any kind of hormonal imbalance? Or is that normal?

May 21st, 2013, 02:39 PM
All my hormones have been checked and are 100% fine

It is normal because when LH drops there is a surge of progesterone that can really make everything more sensitive. I know around 1-2 DPO I ALWAYS so sleepy but that is progesterone at its finest Sometimes my nipples are the sensitive and my boobs feel heavy. The thing to remember is also that breast feeding can affect your boobs during your cycle even if you have weaned already

May 21st, 2013, 02:52 PM
Really? I quit nursing 7 months ago. I didn't think that could be related. I was nursing or pregnant for almost 5 years straight so I never really had PMS symptoms. It seems like since I weaned my toddler last Fall, my cycles have gone nuts. So frustrating and I feel like it is affecting TTC!

May 21st, 2013, 03:04 PM
Here is a great article
Normal Progesterone Levels During Breastfeeding | LIVESTRONG.COM

Also with the surge of prolactin, it works like a birth control method all on its own. Not that it is a guarantee With you weaning 7 months ago, it is almost like someone coming off of birth control (so to say) and had been on it for 4-5 years of and on. Your body is still regulating and all the things you were not producing as much before is coming back in full force

I hope this helps

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search