Baby Names

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 09:37 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love names, so much that even when we weren't trying or anything, we'd discuss baby names. We still do. It's all random too. One day I'll bring one up, another day he'll bring one up, all out of the blue.

Do you discuss baby names randomly, or do you wait until you're pregnant and know the sex, or keep it a surprise and have a name for each picked out?

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
May 23rd, 2013, 12:57 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We def have flip flopped over the last few years with names but we have decided on our names 100%

May 23rd, 2013, 01:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have been discussing names since our youngest was a baby. We've always known we would have 3 kids so we always throw out names we like just randomly and some we think we may use when we have another.

Last edited by MommaLove13; May 23rd, 2013 at 02:21 PM.
May 23rd, 2013, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The last time we went out of town to visit our family (1.5 hours away) we were super tired on the way home and it was late and the girls were sleeping so the whole way home to stay awake we back and forth every single name on the planet that popped into our heads. Not only things we would use (although we included them) but also anything and everything between. It was so much fun!

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2
May 23rd, 2013, 02:51 PM
Super Mommy
We talk a lot about names, I think we have ours down, but we could change our mind when it comes to it.
For girls we like Emma Rose Hall and for a boy we like Carter Logan Hall.

May 23rd, 2013, 03:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
For a boy we have Jack Carter or Carter Jack! They are both family names. For a girl we go back and forth a lot! I think of names all the time
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

May 23rd, 2013, 03:50 PM
Super Mommy
We always talk about names. For our first I had a girl name picked out since I was seven so there wasn't much discussion if it was a girl. Then for our second we had the boy name left from our first but didn't need it. For the next one we still have the boy name and pretty much have a girl name picked out.

03/13 - missed miscarriage at 11 weeks
May 23rd, 2013, 04:20 PM
I love the name Emily and it's the one name I've always gone back to. For boys, we've used 3 that we love and have two other choices. Heath or Rivers

Killian's Birth Story
May 23rd, 2013, 05:13 PM
Super Mommy
We talk baby names a lot. Here's our lists:

Boys:
Lincoln
Abram
Vaughn
Lennon
Gaige
Bauer
Briggs (DH likes this, not me!)

Girls:
Ruby
Eleanor
Ainsley
Liv
Olive
Cycle #20, 2nd cycle on clomid
May 23rd, 2013, 07:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirlbaby View Post
We talk baby names a lot. Here's our lists:

Boys:
Lincoln
Abram
Vaughn
Lennon
Gaige
Bauer
Briggs (DH likes this, not me!)

Girls:
Ruby
Eleanor
Ainsley
Liv
Olive
I think Abram is such a cute name!!
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

May 23rd, 2013, 07:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep, we talk about names all the time! I'm pretty sure I know what I want for boy and for girl... For second children they may change but I've got those picked out too, LOL.
May 24th, 2013, 04:48 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
We have been discussing names since Gary was born lol bc I had no choice with him. But now that I am pregnant we started getting real serious lol
My friend decided to use the ONLY girl name we agreed on so that blows. . . BUT we just started a new list:
Girls:
Ayla
Myla
Addalyn
(middle name will def be Ruby, after my gramma!)
Boys:
NOTHING lol
(middle name will def: Arthur, after my dad)

May 24th, 2013, 04:51 AM
It's nice to know I'm not the only person who just randomly brings up baby names haha. My husband is no longer confused when I just spit one out, he'll pause a moment and then give his opinion on it

Killian's Birth Story
May 24th, 2013, 02:14 PM
victoria0294's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We randomly discuss names too. Haha it can sometimes get frustrating because almost every name I say I like DH doesn't like lol. We do both like Ashley for a girl. I like Aaron or Kyle for a boy, but I'm not definite on it. DH likes Logan for a boy (it's DH's middle name and he loves it).

expecting identical twin girls!!
May 24th, 2013, 02:47 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had all my kid's names basically picked out before they were even conceived. I already know a boy and girl name for our future 3rd child. No middles names yet. That is always harder for me so I will wait until I know the sex of the baby for a middle name. We are also starting to breed cats so if will be fun being able to name all the kittens with all the other names I like but not able to use for my children.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

May 24th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Veteran
We had names picked out.
Zia Phoenix
Vincent Kol (I hate the name Vincent)
May 24th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Super Mommy
~Vent on Baby Names~
My sister is due in August, and they are naming this baby (3rd boy, no girls) after my dad. I feel kinda werid about it though because she hasn't creatively picked out any names for her boys. First boy was named after dad's father and dads name for middle name (greek tradition I guess since her husband is greek) and the second they kinda picked out "Nickolas" but it's still Greek, and my family is not Greek, his is. The third they are naming after my dad because they said it's the right thing to do. I guess Greek tradition is first boy or girl is named after grandfather (dads side) and father and then second boy is named after father and they can choose middle name then third is named after (brides) grandfather and father again.
I just think it's stupid she's given her kids weird names because of husbands traditions. I know that sounds bad, but all of her kids are named after and adopted all of the dads culture. She hasn't even thought of our culture (Italian) in her kids names.

~Vent Over~

May 24th, 2013, 07:43 PM
I can definitely see your annoyance. My husband and I don't have traditions in our families in regards to naming children. Our first son doesn't have any family names.

His name is Gage Jacob, I loved Jacob but the husband wouldn't let it go for a first name. We both loved Gage. I got my way with the middle name.

Our second son is Dane Valentine. We both loved Dane, Valentine is my FIL's middle name. My husband wanted to honor his dad and name him after him.

So with our third son, Bishop, he was originally supposed to be Cole. But I didn't feel that was his name. So right before our ultrasound, I went looking for new boy names and came across that. He instantly loved it. His middle name is Theodore, which is after my grandfather. So two have middle names that are after families.

I love the name Emily for a girl, but we do have a small list of names we like. Emily is one name I continuously keep coming back to.

Killian's Birth Story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search