Normal spotting..?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bellepivoine
  • 1 Post By ~ Nicole ~
  • 1 Post By bellepivoine

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Regular
Hey girls, so Im on CD11 and according to my OPKs I have not O'd yet which is normal, but my question is..is it ok and normal to spot from AF up to CD10? I noticed some, not really brown till later, but a little spotting...is that normal?
May 24th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Regular
From everything I hear, I believe anything is possible. Is it normal? I don't know. Have I spotted weirdly through my whole cycle? Yes. I would think as long as it's not a ton of blood or there is something abnormal about it (like super clotty or something else), it's probably fine?? It could just be a really long/slow period or maybe from sex. Who knows...
itsjessicarose likes this.
May 24th, 2013, 12:05 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you coming off birth control receintly? that can definitely cause weird spotting. Than I would blame it on that. If your not coming off birth control and this is out of the normal for you than I would just say it is an off cycle and no big deal. If this keeps occurring regularly than I guess I would be concerned if it were me. Spotting is better than full bleeding but having spotting during your cycle when you should not be could be signs of something wrong like low progesterone. But don't freak out, chances are it is nothing especially if it only happens occasionally and since it is also at the end of your period. I guess I would be more concerned if your period stopped than the spotting started up again.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

May 24th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Regular
Thanks for the responses girls and to answer the BC question, no I am not coming off BC...and the spotting after AF has stopped isnt anything new and its never much at all, I just wanted to ask u girls what u thought about it
And all of my OPKs have been negative but today's was definitely darker so I guess thats good news right? that must mean O is right around the corner....which brings me to another question actually, can an OPK be wrong? I mean if it is positive that does mean I ovulate right??
May 24th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Regular
If it's positive, that means your LH (luteinizing hormone) is surging. This hormone triggers ovulation and if all is well and good in your system that will happen 24-48 hours. OPK's only detect the LH and not actual ovulation (you can have an LH surge without ovulation).......I think temping shows whether or not you ovulate (not sure, I don't temp) but the only way to be positive that you ovulated is to get your progesterone levels tested via bloodwork.
May 24th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepivoine View Post
If it's positive, that means your LH (luteinizing hormone) is surging. This hormone triggers ovulation and if all is well and good in your system that will happen 24-48 hours. OPK's only detect the LH and not actual ovulation (you can have an LH surge without ovulation).......I think temping shows whether or not you ovulate (not sure, I don't temp) but the only way to be positive that you ovulated is to get your progesterone levels tested via bloodwork.

Oh ok thanks for the response!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search