Not sure what to think...

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I read of my local mid wife's page that I should make my first appointment ASAP, so this morning I thought I would take another HPT just to have a nice dark line.

The first one was a Clearblue and was completely BFN.

Then I took the FRER and the line is much lighter than it was on Friday.

Here is a pic of Fridays test

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/...psdfbc5890.jpg

Here is a pic of today's test

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/...ps51c8deeb.jpg

The line has definitely gotten fainter. Do I wait to call the mid wife's clinic? Do I still call but tell them the test line has gotten fainter? Or do I just assume I'm still pregnant because there is any line at all?

I'm really sad. Ad now I have to go to a contract at work that I don't want. I told DH that the only way I was getting through the next five weeks is knowing we are doing it for our baby....
May 27th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Mrs. Harris's Avatar Praying for #2
Did you use fmu? How many dpo are you? It's definitely positive so try not to worry!
AnnaBonana likes this.
May 27th, 2013, 04:58 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The second looks darker to me but it could be because of the flash in the first one. Hope all is ok. Make the appt, at least then you won't be wondering and making yourself sick thinking about what if. Thinking of you
AnnaBonana likes this.

May 27th, 2013, 07:30 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Clearblue is a blue dye test, correct? I wouldn't even bother with that.

The 2nd pick has a line! With my 3rd child (who is almost 3 now) I never got a dark line. My husband had to convince me we had a line when I took my first test.

Make your appointment. Because according to those two tests, yes you're pregnant. I would go with that and see where your first appt goes
AnnaBonana likes this.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
May 27th, 2013, 07:39 AM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
I would definitely go to the appt to see what they say. Both are definitely positive, and I don't know how they look in real life, but the second one's picture/flash seems to be inhibiting what we can see on this end, but there is still clearly a line there. With it being two different kinds of tests, that can also cause the difference in the way the two lines look to you. Goodluck to you!
AnnaBonana likes this.

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014

May 27th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep,, it was FMU. I'm 16 DPO now.

I'm going to call and see what they say. Two FRERs saying positive, one blue dye saying positive. I'm just really freaked out about the blue dye test that was a complete glaring white BFN.

Thanks for the reassurance ladies. Hopefully the midwife can see me ASAP and give some reassurance.
May 27th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Nerd
Remember that hpts are meant to be binary, not quantitative. In English: a pregnancy test is only supposed to tell you whether there is pregnancy hormones in your urine not how MUCH is in your urine. Any number of factors could cause a lighter test. Don't freak out. Make your appointment and then you can ask the midwife all the tough questions. She will best be able to answer them. Keep us posted.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
May 27th, 2013, 08:58 AM
tiffany&co.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just call for peace of mind. Good luck!

May 27th, 2013, 09:57 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
I'll be thinking of you

May 27th, 2013, 11:09 AM
jessicake's Avatar Veteran
Agreed with the others, still go! That is definitely still a positive, it looks about the same as the first test to me. You are definitely still pregnant! Thinking of you and sending you lots of sticky baby thoughts and prayers *hugs*
AnnaBonana likes this.

May 27th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Nerd
Any update?
AnnaBonana likes this.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
May 27th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just got home from work.

I'm feeling fine, no cramping / bleeding g. (Well, I have cramping every day but minimal).

Called the mid wife's office, they said they would see me JUNE 19th! I said ok, but what about confirming the pregnancy with blood work, etc?

She said to go ahead and call my own doctor, he can do the bloodwork and have it sent to their offices in time for my appointment. Perfect!

No.

Called my family doctor. (I love him, but his receptionists leave much to be desired). They can get me in this week at 1, next week at eleven, and then he is gone for three weeks. I just started a contract at work. My dr is an hour from my work. I work from 7:30 till 2:45.

So I asked if I could just go to a free clinic and get pregnancy bloodwork done. she said they ask us not to do that because if it is done at another clinic, my family doctor and my midwife can't have access to it.

This seems insane. Also, please don't move to Canada for the health care, it SUCKS in my experience.

Now that I've written this all out it seems insane. I think I'm going to call a clinic in the city and see if they can do it tomorrow after work and fax it to my midwife.

Thank god I'm not relying on my family dr for prenatal care.... If I had an emergency I would never get to see him anyways! Argh!
May 27th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Thinking of you!!!
KUP on what your Dr says!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingSam View Post
Remember that hpts are meant to be binary, not quantitative. In English: a pregnancy test is only supposed to tell you whether there is pregnancy hormones in your urine not how MUCH is in your urine. Any number of factors could cause a lighter test. Don't freak out. Make your appointment and then you can ask the midwife all the tough questions. She will best be able to answer them. Keep us posted.
Wonderfully written!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

May 27th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I called the clinic in my area and they said my Dr is full of hooey... I can come on in and get my blood work drawn. Then I have to sign a waiver that gives them permission to send the blood work to my midwife!

And now... To occupy myself...

I need to find a new doctor! LOL.

You ladies all provided so much reassurance to me today! I appreciate the support. And I needed it! I can go to the clinic either tomorrow after work or Wednesday. I'm feeling more confident now than I did this morning.

Good night and thank you al so very very much!
inyourhonor and bella88 like this.
May 27th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Beth2008's Avatar mommy in the making
It could be possible the clearblue was messed up maybe. Goodluck on your appointment and lots of your way!

Thank you *Kiliki* for amazing siggy!

May 28th, 2013, 12:03 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck with the bloodwork!

May 28th, 2013, 06:11 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck with your blood work, my fingers are crossed!

I was going to say that seems silly a free clinic wouldn't give you the proof, such as a paper stating numbers, etc, for you to take to your doctor and midwife.

I have home births and didn't have a family doctor really to confirm my pregnancies. So I just went to planned parenthood (I know, some people disagree, no debates!) to get proof of my pregnancy. I walked out with a paper saying yes, I am pregnant. They calculated everything as well.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
May 28th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would just get the bloodwork and go from there thinking of you honey

May 28th, 2013, 09:05 AM
mom2ariana's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree with the other ladies that the flash could be making a difference in the pictures, because HONESTLY they look the same to me with the exception of the flash.

and as for your blood work, i think you are doing the right thing by going to a free clinic because that is what i would do. that's a fat load of **** that they won't get you in until june. let us know!!
May 28th, 2013, 09:55 AM
jessicake's Avatar Veteran
I think it's time for a new doctor! I live in Canada too but have never had any issues like this. Often I can get into my family doctor the day I call if I do it in the morning, and then go straight to the lab with my reference and get bloodwork done immediately after the appointment. Glad you are going in to the clinic, they are right your doctor is full of hooey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search