Tips to help me concieve.

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chrysalis1

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2013, 11:18 AM
I am 23 and in a relationship me and my partner have decided to try for a baby in october, i am currently on the pill and hoping it will help regulate my period because i have constantly had irregular periods since the age of 13. I am hoping i wont get to the point were i will have to make charts to see when i ovulate, I have a very busy life at the moment so having sex everyday isnt an option for me im hoping 2-3 days in a week would be enough and it will happen for us.

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips and if i should maybe take folic acid a few weeks before we start trying.

I am really hoping it happens straight away for us but with my luck it wont, im scared of seeing so many negatives i loose hope.

Also i have a cyst on my ovary the doctor said they dont need to keep check on it but i am convinced it is why my periods are so irregular, has anyone else had a cyst and got pregnant?
May 27th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Seaweed's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello!!! I am Vicky and I am 23 as well!!!

It is best to start taking folic acid 3 months before trying to conceive. Charts are not necessarily for irregular people! I have been regular since the very first time I had a period (11 years old), but I am charting! It helps you understand a lot about your body and your fertility! Doing it every 2-3 days obviously guarantees you wont miss any chances but you should be aware that our men can get really stressed and feel the pressure especially if they are tired or had a long horrible day at work....so do it as often as pos....but don't set a schedule as it will cause a lot of stress and pressure. :-)

I stopped the pill in January and I ovulated 2 weeks later....so straight away.....but for some people it can even take 3 months. We have been trying since Feb with no result so you shouldn't lose hope....it is not supposed to happen first time...docs say healthy couples that have sex at the right times have 20% chance per month and can take up to one year to conceive! Don't lose hope you will get there!!!! Hope this helps...looking forward to your updates! :-)

Last edited by Seaweed; May 27th, 2013 at 02:16 PM.
May 27th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Mrs. Harris's Avatar Praying for #2
Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Personally, I would stop the birth control now. When I went off the pill to TTC my son it took me a few months to ovulate.
May 27th, 2013, 02:03 PM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
I have a friend who had a cyst on her ovary a while back and thought she couldn't get pregnant because she never had any pregnancy scares. She wasn't trying, but she had unprotected sex once last month and now she's 6 weeks pregnant! So you definitely can get pregnant with a cyst.

About stopping the pill, it can be unpredictable. I'm 22 and I have been on the pill since I was 18. Last year, my fiance and I had been thinking about trying so I stopped the pill. I ovulated 21 days after taking my last pill. I ended up missing my fertile window because I didn't really understand timing (granted, we had horrible work and travel schedules, but that cycle we BD-ed 5 days before ovulation and then 2 days after.) This year, when i stopped the pill, it took 3+ months for me to resume ovulation. It's weird how the same person can have two totally different reactions to stopping the pill -- granted I was on two different pill formulations those two times, but I definitely couldn't predict when ovulation would return either time. I don't think you need to chart if you're going to BD at least 2-3 times a week like you said! Best advice I have is try to not let more than 3 days pass without BD-ing since sperm can live in you up to 5 or more days at an extreme but typically most of them will probably die by 3 days.
mom2ariana likes this.
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014He's finally here!

]

Last edited by chrysalis1; May 27th, 2013 at 02:11 PM.
May 27th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would stop the pill now too. Sometimes it can take a long time before your period returns after you stop bc, especially if your period was irregular before. I've had some cysts on my ovaries before (including a couple that ruptured) and I have a 15 month old daughter There is such a thing as poly cystic ovarian syndrome though where you have many cysts...people with PCOS sometimes have difficulty getting pregnant.

May 27th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
Folic Acid must be taken for at least 3 months before you get pregnant to really do anything. As others said, you have to go off the pill and it can take weeks to months for you to ovulate. Charts aren't so bad but you dont' have to chart if you don't want to.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
May 27th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I stopped the pill in January and have yet to ovulate. I would also stop the pill... I was normal before the pill and now I'm not doing anything on my own. I'm using provera to induce my period and hopefully I'll ovulate this next cycle. Best of luck, we are here for you if you ever need anything!
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

May 28th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
and My name is Sarah Jane and I am the co-host here in TTC.I would definitely agree with the other ladies, you should be taking folic acid at least 3 months prior to getting pregnant. If you don't want to take just folic acid you could always take an over the counter prenatal vitamin. The prenatal vitamin will already have the right amt of folic acid that you need and will also help your hair and nails too. I also agree to stopping the birth control. It can take your body a good couple of months to figure out what to do post birth control. Fingers crossed for you!!! Good luck!!!

May 28th, 2013, 12:32 PM
mom2ariana's Avatar Super Mommy
hi! i'm 22 and I don't chart. ive never really understood why some chart if they have sex at least every other day, no disrespect. perhaps you could ovulate and miss that 12-24 hr window if your partner's sperm didn't live long enough to catch. charting could help narrow the window of time the sperm needs to live to fertilize the egg..

i really do not have time to chart either. me and dh both work 40+ hrs a week with a 3 year old at home who is potty training. we are super busy! if i get to the point where it's been a few months i may start. depends - im not really interested in spending $$ for a thermometer and im not a big fan of touching CM. lol ...

i would stop bc now and start folic acid, although you do not HAVE to be on it 3 months, it is ideal. i didn't find out i was prego with my daughter until 5 weeks and didn't start any supplements until then. this time around, ive been taking a multivitamin and super b complex (both have folic acid) well over a year, so i was good. now i take a prenatal AND folic acid. GL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search