So far 6 days of positive ovulation tests... could I be pregnant??

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2013, 08:30 PM
Okay, my husband and I have been trying for baby #2 for about 5 months. I have been charting and temping, but that seems to do no good.

I usually get only 1 or 2 days of positive or almost positive ovulation results. I know I am reading them right.

This cycle, I have had many positives and even more almost positives with the line maybe a quarter of a shade different.

I have been reading online about the cause and most all things point to pregnancy. I know that ovulation tests can predict the pregnancy hormone before a pregnancy test (which I took yesterday and was negative).

Could I be pregnant??

Anyone here have the same thing happen with more than 5 days of positive ovulation tests and actually being pregnant just too early for a home pregnancy test to show up positive??

I am soooooooooooooo hoping I am pregnant but want to hear other's experiences...
June 3rd, 2013, 08:45 PM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
Sounds like you could be pregnant to me.... just look back 14 days or so and see if you had a positive OPK around then lol. HCG shows up on opks. Good luck and my fingers are crossed for you xx\

__
portrey0524 likes this.
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014He's finally here!

]
June 4th, 2013, 12:39 AM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What cycle day are you on? If you are only a couple weeks from you last period than it is probably not likely that you are pregnant. Is you are at least 20 days from your last period than it is much more likely that it could be pregnancy. However I do believe that if you have enough HCG in your urine to make an ovulation test positive than you should also be able to get a positive on a pregnancy test.

Also, are you sure your tests are really positive. When I first started using ovulation tests I thought I was getting many days of positives also. Than I used clear blue easy digital ovulation tests in conjunction with the line tests and It turns out I was only getting a positive on the digital on the days where my test line on the line test was darker than the control line. So all of those days when both lines were equal in color I was not actually having an LH surge. So for some people the LH surge is when the test line is darker than the control line and not equal.
Mrs. Harris likes this.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

June 5th, 2013, 01:35 AM
I am on cycle day 28/29 (since its the middle of the night).

I am looking at all my tests from all cycles and there is definitely a difference in this cycle. All of my days are very very light lines except 1 or 2 semi dark or same color (even darker). I take the cheap sticks, but when it looks positive I take a digital as well and it has a smiley face when its the same color or even a little lighter for the test line is positive for me according to the digitals from other cycles.

There are no more than 1 or 2 positive or "almost positive in darkness" tests in any previous cycles.

I am looking at this cycle now. It starts so faint you can barely see it, to 21 later (all by a quarter of a shade each day darker). Starting cycle day 21, I have had:

cd 19: negative (clearly way lighter)
cd 20: almost positive
cd 21: positive
cd 22: positive
cd 23: positive
cd 24: positive
cd 25: positive
cd 26: positive
cd 27: negative (clearly way lighter)
cd 28 (earlier today): negative (clearly way lighter)

I have a 42 day cycle on average
June 5th, 2013, 01:39 AM
So you had 6 days of positive even on the digital? wow that is really unusual. I would definitely take a pregnancy test! I do the same thing as you, I use the line tests until it starts to look positive than I double check with the smiley face digitals. But I only get 1 occassionly two days of smiley face. If you end up not being pregnant you might want to have your O.B. check your hormones levels. Maybe you have high LH levels?

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

June 5th, 2013, 01:48 AM
No I take adigital wen it looks positive for all cycles (just a day or 2 here and there) . The digitals just confirm that 1 or 2 days I have a positive reading with the darkness of the line. This cycle I have been using just strips and comparing the darkness of my previous positives to these and they are all positives (at least once a day). Tre are a couple negatives with FMU throughout, but each day at the same time (afternoon) is positive, until now its back to negatives.
June 5th, 2013, 01:48 AM
Sounds like you are trying to O but its just not happening. about 3 times a year I also have long cycles like you with late O. I don't have several days of positive though. Instead I have an first LH surge but no ovulation than about 5-7 of negative ovulation tests than a second LH surge with ovulation. It is bothering me so I decided to get my hormone levels checked at the beginning of my next cycle. If this occurring for you often I highly recommend getting some basic fertility blood tests. Your o.b. will know what to do.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

June 5th, 2013, 01:54 AM
I have been testing nd chartingand temping and everythng for months now. About 5 cycles worth. This has never happened. I have never had this many positives before.

I did a lot o reaing and everyone who had multiple ositives like this found out they were pregnant within a wee or two, I am justvery impatient. LOL.

I am writing on this and a couple other boards not really fr advice persay, bt more fo peple with the exact experience so I can have some hop lol. So far, everyone I have seen that hs had this happen turned out to be pregnant. I am just here to hear othersstories and experiences with the same issue.

Wow... this keyboard sucks.

*testing and charting and
*I did a lot of reading
June 5th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Oh I see. yeah if a long cycle like this has never happened before than it makes it much more likely to be caused by pregnancy. If the ovulation tests are positive from HCG than a pregnancy test should be accurate now. I would be taking one ASAP! Let us know what results you get. Someone else was just posting about getting positive ovulation tests at the end of their cycle. It will be interesting to see if you are pregnant.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

June 5th, 2013, 02:16 AM
Well OPKs detect HCG before a pregnancy test would be positive. There are many people that use ovulation tests to detect pregnancy. I took a pregnancy test today and it was negative, but according to the study, an ovulation test picks up the pregnancy before anything, then a blood test, then a home pregnancy test.

And it was a strips test, not a digital, but I cant see another line
June 5th, 2013, 02:25 AM
And the first comment said look up on my tests about 14 days ago and see if ovulation. I just looked and its an almost positive, which could mean I didnt test at the right time. I read that sometimes you only ovulate for a few hours which is why it is good to test 2-3 times a day to be sure you dont miss it. My husband and I have sex every other day to ensure we dont miss it in case I dont test at the right time, but I just looked at 14 days ago and it was an almost as dark line, but a little less. All my cycles are faint lines until cose to positive then positive then light again. I may have ovulated at that time.
June 5th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Ok so I read over your 2nd post very carefully. you said you are cd 28 today and have an average of 42 day cycle is that correct? so if that is the case than you only ovulated (you think) a few days ago? you ovulate 14 days before AF so If you have a 42 day cycle than you ovulated about CD 28 or possibly a few days sooner based on your ovulation test results. If all of this is correct than you could not possibly be pregnant enough for anything to show a positive pregnancy result. Even if you ovulated as early as CD 20 there is no way you would have HCG strong enough in your system to cause the positive ovulation tests all the days after. It takes average 7 days for the egg to implant and another couple days for the HCG to show up in your urine.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

June 5th, 2013, 02:59 AM
Ok here is another way to find out... What CD's did you have egg white cervix mucus? I have had + ovulation tests before without the ewcm and I never ovulated from those LH surges. I always have ewcm in conjunction with a + ovulation test when I really O.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

Last edited by ~ Nicole ~; June 5th, 2013 at 03:01 AM.
June 5th, 2013, 02:59 AM
No, i meant in the post othe other person said 14 days ago. My cycles change. Soetimes they are 40 days, sometimes they are 28 days sometimes they are 55 days... its irregular.That is why I temp, chart, and take tests everday!

I check my cm everyday and that isnt an accurate way for me either as I am always wet and seems to be mostly egg white throughout. Always have been. Only accurate way I have been doing it is tests. Even my temperature isnt helping. I got a basal thermometer and everything. doesnt make any sense
June 5th, 2013, 03:10 AM
Sorry I can't be of more help. I also have 28-42 day varying cycles. I know that makes everything much more complicated. So yeah if your having a short cycle than yeah it all makes sense now and could definitely be pregnancy. If your having a longer cycle than something wonky is going on with your ovulation. If you never had so many positives before than I would guess it is more likely pregnancy. If your not pregnant than I would switch bad to using the digitals. I tried to go digital free a few cycles and it is just so confusing. I have had line tests that looked positive when the digital said negative. I trust the digitals way more than line tests. I also find that with some test strips I am only positive when the test line is actually darker than the control line. When the two lines were equal the digital gave me a circle. When the test line was darker the digital gave me a positive. This could be what is happening with your tests if you are not pregnant. I don't know if you can see images of not. I took photos of this once showing how the line tests can fool you.

I think you have to make 10 posts to see images. Well here it is...

This first photo shows my line tests that appear positive however the digital shows negative. The test lines this day were equal in darkness to control line

The second photo shows the test line darker than the control line. The digital was positive

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

June 5th, 2013, 03:16 AM
So you may be getting what appear to be positive on the ovulation tests when they really are not. Its horribly confusing I know.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

June 8th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Still waiting to test. Hope more people with the same experience answer this post... Took another pregnancy test last night and was negative.
June 8th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Nerd
If your cycles are all over the place then your body may be trying to ovulate. I'm sorry I think this is not an answer you do not want to hear but I think Nicole is spot on in all of her responses. Have you checked out what PCOS is? With such variable cycles you may want to look into that. Of course none of us are doctors. Only a doctor will be able to perform ultrasounds and bloodwork to get a better picture of what is really going on. If you thought for sure that you were pregnant then it never hurts to call your OB GYN and as for an hcg blood test. That would be able to settle the matter as soon as your numbers came back. Good luck to you!

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
June 8th, 2013, 03:42 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
I am lurking and saw this post. Nicole's answers seem to be pretty accurate. She's usually very thorough in her answers!! Love that. Anyway, with a previous pregnancy I tested with opks from 6-13dpo to see what would happen. I started getting close to positive tests in 8 dpo and got positive ones from 9 dpo on. I did not take an hpt until 14 dpo because I promised dh I wouldn't, but I got a bfp on 14 dpo. My ovulation tests definitely picked it up. However mine never reverted to negative again, so I think it's possible you maybe did ovulate during those days or your body was trying to.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
June 8th, 2013, 04:55 AM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
If it was picking up HCG for pregnancy, it seems to me that it wouldn't do that from O clear through the current DPO. It would be more like positive, a week or more of negatives, and then back to something that looks more like positive because there is no way the HCG was picking up like that at 1-2-3-4DPO, kwim?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search