New Here!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By whisperwish
  • 1 Post By Ashley_512
  • 1 Post By Seaweed

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Hey ladies I'm new here. my husband and i have been TTC for almost a year now with no luck. I have 3 kids from my previous marriage so im fine on my end, think its on hubbys side. We havent got him cjecked but just started him on loads of vitimans to help hos sperm count.he recently start Fertility Blend for men. Has anybody tried this? Theres been a lot of great reviews on it. Is anybody elses hubby have a low sperm count? And if so how did he get it to increase? I fell like we are fighting a losing battle. I dont chart and don't know how, never had a problem getting preg with previous marriage. The wicked witch is suppose to show her ugly face tomorrow. Hoping she skips me this month. Any advice would be appreciated
June 10th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Also when is it a good time to test? Im suppose to start tomorrow June 11th and i took a test yesterday and it was a it wasnt an early response test, just a cheap test from the dollar tree. Would that have any effect of the test since I tested 2 days before my period was due on a cheap test?
June 10th, 2013, 04:05 PM
mom2ariana's Avatar Super Mommy
hey & welcome!! they say when you have tried for a year, it is time to see a doctor. do you mind me asking how old you are? they shorten the window for how long you should wait to see someone as you get older. not trying to scare you or anything!!

i don't know how to chart either, and the idea intimidates me. so i can't help too much for that. i do know that according to the website countdowntopregnancy, 17.6% of women still get a BFN at 12 DPO. I'm assuming you are around 12 days past?

I hope this is your month, and that the wicked witch stays away from you!
June 10th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Super Mommy
Welcome! I just started charting and the best way to do it in my opinion is to use fertility friend , I have the app on my phone and it is super easy to use and understand! I hope you get your BFP soon!
inyourhonor likes this.

3/28/13- 6 weeks
June 10th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
Welcome!

I agree that after a year you should just check with a doc. I am not really knowledgeable on fertility issues but I'm pretty sure that even if you have children, you could have fertile issues (secondary infertility) Someone more knowledgeable could tell you about that and there are ladies here whose husbands have sperm issues so they can help with that.

I just started charting this month, I love it. Its great to visualize your cycle and see what you regular cycles are and such. I use fertilityfriend.com and they have a free ebook and online course to teach you how to chart. At the very least, if you aren't ready to do temping or check your cervical mucous, you should use an app or something to mark when you have your period, when you have sex etc.

Cheap tests CAN give accurate results 2 days before but that doesn't mean they always do plus they are often faint at this time. Wait a few days and if AF doesn't show, take another test.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
June 10th, 2013, 05:34 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

This group is filled with wonderful ladies. I also chart and use fertility friend. I temp to track.

I'm not positive on how soon a dollar tree test will pick up on your hormones.

Good luck!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
June 10th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I also recommend fertility friend...very straightforward and easy to use.

Good luck! Hope she doesn't show this month!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 10th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!!! Good to meet you! I am currently taking fertilaid for women, but it's my first month so I don't know if it works yet or not! Good luck to you, I hope this is your month!
June 11th, 2013, 12:38 AM
BLAHSWIFE
Welcome

DS 13y/o DSS 6 y/o DSD 2 y/o

My Ovulation Chart

June 11th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Seaweed's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello and welcome. You need to buy a basal thermometre and get your temp every morning before u even get out of bed, around the same time. Fertility Friend and Countdown to pregancy have free charting so u can put all your temps there and it puts them automatically into a chart. For additional help an ovulation test could help.....get your hubby some zinc vitamins, they are good for sperm but dont expect it to work straight away! If u have been trying for over a year with no success it is advised you should both see a doc!! Good luck keep us posted.
June 11th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Thanks ladies for the tips, I did go to the doctor not to long ago and everything is fine with me thats why we seem to think it him. But hopefully the vitimans and fertility blend will work. they have amazing reviews on it. My sure enough, I started this morning...EERRR! but we just started him on it a few days ago so maybe theres still hope. But I really need to start charting. I know when I O bc I can feel the crampy feeling and I get lots of discharge. I just want to know a few days before it starts so we can prepare for it. I wish all you ladies the best of luck. Thank you all again for your help. It's nice to have someone to talk to about this. i have no one I can talk to

Btw I'm 25
hopeful_girl55 likes this.
June 12th, 2013, 05:05 AM
charting will only show u when u have ovulated already.....it wont really prepare u....ovulation tests will prepare u and monitoring your cervical mucus. U can still chart tho as it will give u an idea about ur cycles (if u dont know) and the day of the month u r most likely to O. :-)
hopeful_girl55 likes this.
June 12th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Thank you so much.
June 12th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi! Sorry I didn't say hello earlier, Idk how I missed this post.
But I am Sam(20) and SO is Ryan (24) we have TTC for 10 months or so now.
And I agree with Seaweed, you should get some OPK's. You can take two a day from like cycle day 10 until you get a positive. And that can get pretty expensive so that's why most of us buy ours on amazon or ebay and I get 50 OPK's and 20 HPT's for like 15 bucks on amazon. Amazing deals.

But good luck I hope you get your BFP soon!

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
June 12th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!

I'm Hillary (also 25!) and my husband and I are on our 2nd official month of ttc. Our daughter is 16 months

Hope you get your bfp soon!

June 12th, 2013, 03:11 PM
LOL I said all these things without introducing myself, sorry! I am Vicky (23), married to Andrew (31). This is cycle 5 for us, but feels like 5 years. I am super healthy docs say and we did a sperm test for hubs and he is super too so....what the heck???? grrr
June 12th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Hopeful_girl55, i will have to.look into that. I just want to get my soon. im praying these vitimans help (:

Nice to meet everyone. Glad everybody is so inviting, I tried the babyandbump and they were not nice at all. Lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search