I just bought OPKs and I need guidance!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By mom2ariana
  • 3 Post By MommaLove13
  • 3 Post By *Leslie*
  • 2 Post By lovemylittlemiss
  • 2 Post By Seaweed
  • 1 Post By mom2ariana

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2013, 05:06 PM
mom2ariana's Avatar Super Mommy
I stopped at Walgreens after waxing several pounds off of my eyebrows. I was planning on getting digis, but um they were like $50.00 there. FYI, digis are WAY cheaper at Walmart.

SO I got 20 strips. They are Walgreens brand. They were about $22. My question is, how the heck do I use them? Should I only pee in the morning? Do I test every day? When do I start? Do I have to look for a certain darkness to the line or is any line a positive? AHH!! I'm so lost!

Thanks!
WaitinginNJ likes this.
June 12th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's going to depend on how long your cycles usually are. For a normal 28 day cycle where you O on cd 14 you should start around cd 10-11. I start with 1 a day and if they look almost positive I start testing 2x a day until I get a full positive (sometimes 3x a day if I'm sure O is coming but not a positive yet)

My cycles are normally 35+ days and O around cd 22 so I normally start on cd 17-18 or so. This month I O'd VERY early and thank god I started using opk on cd10 when I first felt like I was going to O soon.

I suggest ordering in bulk online. MUCH cheaper and just as good.
June 12th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I'll have to do that next time. It makes much more sense to order online. I hope I waste my money by the time they come and I get a BFP instead. I have a 28 day cycle on the nose. Last cycle I *think* I ovulated on day 13 due to the sharp, distinctive pains that I had, but I easily could have ovulated right after that.
June 12th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would def stop by the dollar store/walmart and pick up some cheapies so you can have them immediately as well BUT I would start testing 2 times a day one mid afternoon and night. FMU for OPKS is not recommended UNLESS you get an almost positive the night before Digitals are not to confirm a maybe positive Good luck!!

June 12th, 2013, 06:49 PM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
I tested starting on CD12 up until I got a positive on CD17. I tested around 6pm each day and when I I got to like CD14 I started testing 2x a day. (3PM and 6PM) because I can't test during the day. Remember, the line has to be as dark as the control OR darker. I was skeptical about how obvious this would be, but trust me, you will know when it is positive. Don't be shocked if you see a double line on all the tests leading up to it, I got faint lines everyday, but there will be a distinct difference in your positive test.

Goodluck!

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014

June 13th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was going to ask a question like this too! I bought OPKs to start using next cycle...here's hoping they work for both of us!

June 13th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Seaweed's Avatar Super Mommy
Normally on regular cycles, you start testing around cd10 and NOT FMU. Do it afternoon or evening. (I always do it once a day and it has always worked fine). If the test line is the same darkness or darker than the control line then its +. (u will O 24-36h later). Keep testing every day until it gets back to a -. Then u know u have Oed.!!! Good luck!
WaitinginNJ and mom2ariana like this.
June 13th, 2013, 08:09 AM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
good luck!

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart

My Ovulation Chart
June 13th, 2013, 09:58 AM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Get your digis on ebay. they are as low as $10-$15 a box shipping included

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

June 13th, 2013, 10:18 AM
thanks ladies! i am excited to start this i hope i can tell with these lines... maybe next cycle i'll shoot for digis (hopefully there wont be a next cycle )
Seaweed likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search