OT - what's your opinion in this?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ~ Nicole ~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Taniam's Avatar Veteran
So a coworker of mine had a baby in march, well his wife did. We got all excited and had a friendly contest at work with a bunch of people and we bet on the arrival date of the baby. We managed to get a good sum. The winner got to keep half, but she donated her winnings to the gift fund. So since this was my idea, i went out and got a present for him, well for the baby. Its a pretty sweet present, almost 100$. I spent a lot of time and effort on this. I even made one of those clothe boxes you get when you buy clothe for a present from the store since Baby Gap was out.

Well its been almost three months since the baby was born and after a few email exchanges, of us asking him when he would come and let us meet his baby, he still has't come by the office. He even bailed two weeks ago when it was all set up and i had made muffins (ps im not the muffin maker at work and it was so hot in my tiny appartment when i made them, come on!) he is returning to work in two weeks and we are all getting annoyed and pretty much feeling like he is ungreatful. Like we think he will just not show and pick up the present the day he comes back to work without his baby.

Do you think it's okay what he is doing? Some coworkers who dont even work in my direct office have come by with their week old child to show him off. Whats up with him?

Sorry this is long, i just dont get it!

Oh ever since his wife got pregnant his work ethic has really gone down. Like not coming back to work after a routine appointment at 9 am. The two of them seem attached at the hip. She calls so often the office it's ridiculous, and we work at a call centre, we need to talk to customers, not significant others.

Sorry, I'm just annoyed! Lol

My Ovulation Chart

June 13th, 2013, 07:14 AM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Was this their first child? Some people are just funny like that. I think women tend to come and show of their baby, not men so much...

I have a friend, her fist child, she would not allow visitors until he had his shots etc and even then we had to wash our hands with a special soap lol! Some people just not comfortable with it.

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart
June 13th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Super Mommy
It could be the wife and not him that doesn't want to bring the baby. I agree, some people get really protective of their first baby with germs and stuff. I know I was nervous bring DS1 places when he was first born, but I still brought him by work, dh's work, and dh's college. It was nerve wracking, but I still did it lol. I guess I wouldn't jump to conclusions as to why he hasn't brought the baby by yet.
Cycle #20, 2nd cycle on clomid
June 13th, 2013, 11:49 AM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think its just because he is a man. When I had my babies I took them to work to show off to co-workers but my DH never did this. Plus they are probably busy getting used to being new parents and maybe also over protective. I agree there are some parents of newborns who think any little germ or any wind chill is going to make their newborn deathly ill. I would not take it personal. The way I feel about people know are unappreciative is I just don't go out of my way for them again.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

June 13th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Taniam's Avatar Veteran
Well I sure learnt my lesson. I am not going all out to make him anything special that's for sure. We actually heard from him today, said he intended to come by but suddenly it no longer works out well. He simply said that when he comes back to work in two weeks or so he'll come with the baby.

I got a 3-6 month outfit. Hopefully it will still fit.

My Ovulation Chart

June 13th, 2013, 12:00 PM
wow an outfit for $100! If you feel angry about his behavior than take the outfit back and get him something less expensive than maybe you wont feel as used and bitter about the situation.
inyourhonor likes this.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

June 13th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Taniam's Avatar Veteran
No it wasn't just an outfit. It's a baby gap outfit, a children's book and a stroller toy, oh and a baby's r us gift card.
The outfit is adorable, I was tempted to keep it. It's dress with orange strips and gladiator sandals! Adorable!

http://m1365.photobucket.com/albumvi...9.jpg.html?o=0

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by Taniam; June 13th, 2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Can't seem to post from photo bucket, never done it before.
June 13th, 2013, 12:14 PM
If you feel like he is unappreciative than you don't have to give him so much. You could save some for yourself or some to give as a gift later to someone else. That's what I would do. It will also probably help you feel better if you know your did not do so much for someone who is not appreciating.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

June 13th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, my dad was the kind of dad that showed us kids off to everyone...he even shows off my daughter and brags her up all the time. lol I do think that's kind of weird...but perhaps they are worried about germs? First time parents (myself included) can sometimes be kind of crazy about that. I would be miffed if I were you though. I hope he shows some appreciation when you give him the gift.

June 13th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Taniam's Avatar Veteran
Yeah. The gift was from everyone in the office. Can't keep anything for myself lol. But it's decided. He will just bring her to work with him when his leave is over. Lets hope he appreciates the gift and the effort that was put into it.

Maybe I'll relate once I am pregnant, but I already told coworkers to never let me act like I'm the only pregnant woman on earth, which is how he acted towards his wife lol

My Ovulation Chart

June 13th, 2013, 01:48 PM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some ppl, don't like to take the baby out of the house the first few
"months" of life. I was raised this way my grandma raised my mom
this way.. At first I thought it was the best, grandma knows every
thing right?? Well she had told me that it is the easiest way for a
new baby to get sick, my dr told me it was an old wives tale, the
baby needs exposed to different stuff so that they can build an
immunity to things..
So maybe they are not trying to be rude, maybe they are doing
what they have been told, not knowing all the facts...???

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
June 13th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggblue View Post
Some ppl, don't like to take the baby out of the house the first few
"months" of life. I was raised this way my grandma raised my mom
this way.. At first I thought it was the best, grandma knows every
thing right?? Well she had told me that it is the easiest way for a
new baby to get sick, my dr told me it was an old wives tale, the
baby needs exposed to different stuff so that they can build an
immunity to things..
So maybe they are not trying to be rude, maybe they are doing
what they have been told, not knowing all the facts...???

I was also told this so we didn't take my daughter out until she was 5 weeks old...I nearly went crazy! It def. did not help my baby blues to be stuck in the house for so long! I read somewhere that newborns actually have pretty good immunity left over from the mom so it's actually more likely an older baby will get sick when you take them out.

June 13th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Taniam's Avatar Veteran
A coworker of mine told us about the sister of her friend (friend has twins, sister has 1 child) well the sister with twins had no choice but to go out and let people hold one of the two at least, while the other sister with one child never let anyone hold the child and stayed home for a long period before venturing out. Well turns out that her kid is uncomfortable around family members and can't ever take a nap anywhere other than his bed at home. That's a pain! How can you get anything done if you kid can't take a nap in his stroller or at a family member's house. I believe in taking your kid out into the world!

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search