So can we talk about.....

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By aStarIsBorn
  • 1 Post By MommaLove13
  • 1 Post By hopeful_girl55
  • 1 Post By WaitinginNJ

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2013, 08:10 AM
~*Tina*~
postions? im wondering what you guys think is best for conceiving? dh and i try to change it up a lot and Im worrying about what if i am on top and it all comes out after we are done? tmi?
WaitinginNJ likes this.

7/12/13 @6w

June 13th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've found no matter the position I still have quite a bit come out. I'm assuming missionary or doggy is the best position for conceiving since it puts the sperm right to the cervix but I'm not totally sure.
June 13th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lol we have had many of discussions around this.
Some say doggy style is the best, some say missionary, some say position doesn't matter.
I think doggy style has to help some but most of the time we are in the missionary or well a some what missionary. We change it a lot. I have been on top when he had the big O but just rolled over and stayed like that for 20 min and not much came out. So I don't think its a big deal.

That's just my opinion!
WaitinginNJ likes this.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
June 13th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think position is a big deal either...They say that the sperm that will get to the egg make it to the cervical opening within second so I usually don't bother much with laying on my back afterward...maybe I'll do it for 5-10 minutes to relish in post coital bliss Usually we dtd in missionary or from behind because that is what we prefer but we did do the spooning position this month around O as well.

June 13th, 2013, 08:21 AM
PinkHurricane's Avatar Super Mommy
I have heard that position does not matter as much as long as you stay laying down for about 20 min to help it stay in. Also that having an O can help 'move' them along due to the contractions your cervix has! DH and I just have fun with all kinds of positions and of course take the time afterward to relax and let it all settle, so to speak.
June 13th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Seaweed's Avatar Super Mommy
Doctors say that difference positions dont make a difference. There is always some that will come out but all it takes is one! LOL Plenty go in no matter what position you are on! ;-) Just enjoy, dont worry!!!!
June 13th, 2013, 09:29 AM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that you should focus on having enjoyable pleasurable sex and just lay still afterwards...change it up as much as you like. If you google it, it does say missionary and doggy style/spooning style.

Good Luck!
inyourhonor likes this.

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart
June 13th, 2013, 10:37 AM
mom2ariana's Avatar Super Mommy
GRRR i had a whole message typed out and my internet went out. anywhoo...

i read just yesterday that during a study performed, no matter the position there was sperm found near the cervical canal within seconds of ejaculation. i was on top when i got pregnant with my daughter im fairly certain.

me and DH DTD right before bed. i make sure i am totally ready to sleep with everything on my nightstand that i'll need. after i don't even get up or sit up. so i am supine for the next 8 hours. very little comes out the next morning.
June 13th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We usually do missionary during my fertile window. I don't really lay still at all - when I got pregnant with my DD, I wasn't trying.. so I never laid still after sex. SO, I don't think it really matters.

I am also crazy prone to UTIs - so I have to pee before sex and pretty much immediately after or I get a UTI.
June 13th, 2013, 12:22 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, 3 kids, 3 different ways, I'm pretty sure any way will get you there haha. My 2nd was the only one we actually tried for (minus all this charting stuff) and he was a missionary baby. My oldest was a closet baby.. (not position, place haha) and our 3rd I'm pretty sure I was on top when that happened.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
June 13th, 2013, 12:29 PM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I say have your fun, then after do the BUIA/HUIA
butt up in the air or hips up in the air, for twenty min..

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search