been trying to conceive for 2 years now going to try soy iso

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2013, 02:47 AM
basically to put the story short.................ive been trying to get pregnant for 2 years but previous i was on the contraceptive injection for 2 years and got told by people that it would take the length of time i was on it to it been out my system ( not sure if its true or not ) my friend told me about the soy iso tablets and got pregnant on those so im going to try and see what happens and hopefully get a BFP

can anyone give me any advice etc???

thanks karlie x
June 14th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How long did it take for your periods to regulate?
It can take some time to see a regulated period and be consecutive. Everyone's body is different when it comes to BC and given you have taken the injections it is completely different than my experience with the oral kind.

Have you been using OPKs or charting your BBT?
This can really help you pinpoint your fertile times (OPKS) and when you actually ovulated (BBT). Going by online calculators is no where accurate given that some months you can O earlier or later than previous months. Another great thing to check is cervical mucus. If you have alot of eggwhite mucus then you know you are ovulating Using all these methods together really does increase your chances tremendously.

Have you been to the doctor for bloodwork or had your partner's semen analyzed?
This can seem scary but knowing what some of your blood levels are can really help your efforts. You can be tested for PCOS which is an insulin resisted disease that affects your fertility greatly and can cause you to form "empty" follicles each month that are filled with testosterone rather than an actual egg. Many people notice this if they are monitored via ultrasounds each month by their doctor because the ovaries look like they have a pearl necklace aka multiple immature follicles. Other things a doctor will check for is your FSH, LH and prolactin to see what it says about your egg reserve and quality. Allow many women think it is an all female only issue many fertility issues stem from Male infertility so a semen analysis will reveal if that is an issue or not. In other cases, like myself, you can just come up unexplained because neither person has an issue as far as hormones or health BUT they are not getting pregnant by conventional means. So they move on to medicated cycles with Clomid or Femara to help boost their chances.

Okay I may just have super overloaded you BUT these are very important things to remember when it comes to TTC

The ladies here are super helpful and have so much to offer as far as advice goes.

In regards to your Soy Iso, I say give it a try. What you will want to do is take at least 40 mg of it early in your cycle like CD 1-5 or CD 2-6 to help mature your follies. Things like Evening Primrose Oil (tablet formed vitamins) can increase your cervical mucous. Using K Y will completely stop your efforts at TTC because it literally blocks all sperm in so many ways. A more sperm friendly lube like Pre-seed can help tons so you do not have to worry about mucous as much if it is a problem. Taking a daily prenatal along with various vitamins like a super B-complex can also increase your chances as well.

My own story is that DH and I have been TTC since Dec 2010 with no luck. I was truly scared and stubborn about going to the doctor for help. This is our first medicated cycle and so far I am so happy I finally broke down and sought help from my doctor I was however very lucky with charting, which I started in Jan, I got a in April but miscarried early on.

Good luck with everything and if you need anything just PM me

June 14th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great question! I've always wondered about soy iso too...I can get it at the grocery store for like 3.99EUR so it almost seems to good to be true? Would love to hear stories from people that soy iso has worked for! This is just our second cycle so I'm going to try to give it some more time before trying that.

Hope soy iso works for you and you get a bfp soon!

June 14th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Taniam's Avatar Veteran
Definitely give Soy Iso a try. I am proof that it works, at least to regulate or shorten long cycles, I'm not preggo yet.

I used it CD1-5 and I ovulated 5 days sooner which is great for me since I usually have 39 days cycle. The really long cycles are a bummer, I have less opportunity to try and with a DF always on military training you don't have too many chances.

If you are going to use Soy I definetly recommend charting, otherwise you won't really know if its working for you or not.

Good luck with it!

My Ovulation Chart

June 15th, 2013, 01:21 PM
ok thanks ladies very helpfull, it's just been stressing me out sometimes but going to stop thinking about it and not stress coz Ino it won't help, hope soy works for me, yes i got checked last year and I am fine, spoke to my partner and he will get checked out from doctors xx
June 15th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck and keep us updated

June 16th, 2013, 03:59 AM
i will thanks x
June 18th, 2013, 02:27 AM
wel ive been taking some vitamins for the past 3 days and been poorly ( been sick and tired ) im at the doctors next tuesday at 11 for an asthma review but think al as them to take some blood because i still had cycles when pregnant with my daughter 5 years ago, the doctors thought i was 8 weeks because i missed one period but when i went for my scan i was 14 weeks n 4 days so was canny further on xx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search