Side effects of soy?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Taniam's Avatar Veteran
Has anyone experienced side effects on soy?

This is my second soy cycle and i am currently CD 3 so i'm on my second day of soy this cycle. Last night i went to bed with a massive headache and it has not gone so i am taking a sick day at work. I have also notice that my first day of AF was very strong. usually it's the second day. I was quite miserable, it's better now but i wonder if it has anything to do with Soy. I'm not gonna stop taking it tho, i can take a headache if it's to get me a beautiful baby... i bet i'll get a whole lot more of those once i have kids anyways.

I notice that a lot of you ladies are also on soy. How are you guys feeling on it? Last cycle was fine for me, didn't feel different except very excited once i realized it worked!

I am totally a believer of soy now!!!

My Ovulation Chart

June 18th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I took it for the first time this cycle, I took it CD5-9 because I couldn't decide if I wanted to take it! I wish I would have done CD3-7. But anyways, I noticed some headaches as well. Not bad ones though, more like sharp squeezing pains that would last a few seconds and go away. That's pretty much all I noticed, but I know head aches are common with soy
June 18th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Offshoremama78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take mine before bed, cause I read that most side effects are alleviated
by doing so.. The only thing I noticed was dryness.. Which I combated
with EPO..

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
June 18th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Pretty_N_Ink's Avatar Super Mommy
When I took it I slept like a rock, I had terrible headaches and got a little moody once or twice

RIP Bristol Grace 10/28/12-11/19/12
You're always in our hearts sweet girl
June 18th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Taniam's Avatar Veteran
Well i take two capsules, one in the morning and one in the evening (50mg each). Sadly taking the one at night doesn't help as i went to bed with a headache and woke up with it

Worth it tho!

My Ovulation Chart

June 18th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I took Soy I took mine before bed and could tell when I was ovulating because of the cramping I did have a bit of headaches but I usually do anyways. I hope you get to feeling better

June 18th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
When I took it, I took it at night as well. I noticed some dryness and bought some of the lube that is supposed to be sperm friendly. I never used it though because DH seemed to be able to get me moist enough for the job. It worked for us on cycle 2.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

June 18th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Taniam's Avatar Veteran
Well this is my second soy cycle as well. Last cycle was basically just to see what it would do for me as i knew i had no chance last cycle because of DF being away at training. But i am very excited about this cycle since i will be visiting for a little bit over two weeks and i have due to ovulate smack down in the middle. Hopefully soy cycle #2 will be it for us too!

Last cycle i notice no dryness, maybe even more noticeable than lately, maybe because my O was stronger.

I have a type of sperm friendly lube that says it expires in June 2013. Basically the pharmacy doesn't keep a large stock of it, i wonder if it would hurt to use it in July....

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search