How long do you let your IC sit before you read results?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm 12dpo as of today. I took an IC yesterday and today and both BFN. Thing is, I have no freaking patience with them. I analyze the tests for like one minute under a light, and if I am squinting I throw it out. It seems like positives take a while to really set in the result window. My question is, how long do you wait before taking the result seriously? Is it 3minute like the instructions say, 5 minutes, 10 minutes?

I've been looking up BFP IC pictures online, and all the positives are faint even at 16dpo!! I kind of regret even buying them. Seems like all the BFP's are squinters, I am tired of squinting!

Mama to my little men Brendan and PJ

Brendan Collin 11/03/08
Peyton James 07/11/11
June 18th, 2013, 06:35 AM
dlammers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually wait about 5 minutes.

Beta #1 - 4/10/14 = 172
Beta #2 - 4/14/14 = 1180
Beta #3 - 4/16/14 =
Ultrasound scheduled for May 2, 2014 @ 10 am!
June 18th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ICs are getting on my nerves too! I don't think I'll be buying more after these...I think my plan after I run out is to just wait till AF (maybe, maybe I'll test the day before)...if it doesn't show I'll go buy a test from the store. I've looked online too and have seen a ton of very faint bfp on cheapie tests, even after AF was due. I want a real, legit bfp!

A mommy vlogger on youtube took a cheapie hpt, after waiting 3 mins saw it was neg. Left it on the top of the toilet all day and that night saw it was positive. Thought it was an evap. but took a digi the next day just in case and it was positive! I think she's now in her 2nd tri.

I'm 13dpo (possibly 12, I don't chart so not quite sure) and I'm still holding out hope that the test I took this morning is just too cheap/crappy to display the results well. It's supposedly very sensitive (as much or more so than FRER) but imo FRER display the results better...I don't want to squint at a test to know it's positive.

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 18th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I usually take it, and set my phone for 5 minutes. I read it then take a pic. I then set it for 5 more minutes read it and take a pic of I can see how much changed from the 5 minutes mark to the 10 minute mark. It says not to read after 5 minutes but I still do.
June 18th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
They say not to read after 5 minutes, but all of my positives did not show until after 8 minutes. I tested at 11 DPO, the wandfo showed up positive at 8 minutes, I thought it was an evap because the save-a-lot test showed negative as well. It got really dark an hour later.

Retested with a wanfo on the same day (without holding it) and it showed positive again at 8 minutes. Still wasn't convinced, thought it was an evap because it was so faint.

3 days later at 14 DPO, the test showed up positive again at 8 minutes (I timed it) This time I took pictures of it at 5 minutes and 8 minutes and 10 minutes.

Took a dollar tree test and it showed up within 3 minutes.

I finally sucked it up and realized that I was actually pregnant.

I went through all this to say that lines on Wandfo's can take much longer to show.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

June 18th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love to analyze other people's test but I know the frustration that comes with your own test I usually wait 5 minutes but I know that many IC's get darker as they dry. I have gotten to the point unless the line is as dark as the control line I do not get excited...

June 19th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wish I had kept mine longer. I also like to analyze other peoples tests, but not my own lol. If I don't see a line, I just toss it because I know I will obsess over lines that aren't there. My period is due tomorrow so we shall see!!! I will buy 'real' tests once period is a couple days late.

Mama to my little men Brendan and PJ

Brendan Collin 11/03/08
Peyton James 07/11/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search