Stopping BCP

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2005, 04:57 PM
**KELI**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello Everyone!! I am new to the boards....My husband and I are thinking of trying to start a family and I had a question hoping you guys can help. I've been on birth control a long time and want to stop the pills. Any advice?? Anything I need to watch for before trying?? My doctor basically gave me NO info. Just said to stop taking the pills whenever and good luck????????????? I just need some beginner info. Thanks

Thanks to Julka for my Beautiful Siggy!!!
April 20th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My advice would be to start taking some prenatal vitamins before starting. Your doctor should be willing to prescribe them for you.

When DH and I decided that it was time for us to start our family, I stopped the pill after 10 years. We were very fortunate to get pregnant the very first cycle. That pregnancy ended in miscarriage. I don't believe that it had any thing to do with the pill, however.

Good luck to you!!

April 20th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My Dr told me it was best to wait 3 months to get the pills out of your system.Good Luck

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
April 21st, 2005, 04:16 AM
Super Mommy
Welcome, pregnantplease.

I would finish the pack of BCP. It makes it a lot easier to track your cycles. It also keeps AF pretty regular. After going off the pill your period may be a few days late then what you would expect, but by month 3 it will usually correct itself. I would also start taking a multivitamin that contains folic acid everyday.

Best wishes.

Dani
April 21st, 2005, 04:58 AM
melissa29624's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to melissa29624
Hello! There are mixed feelings about the whole "wait awhile after BCP"....but....that is because they say it is easier to determine when you actually got PG due to having regular cycles if you wait a while. But...if you think about it....how come you can get PG after you accidentaly miss a pill or 2??? That means it has to be out of your system...right? I recommend stopping the pill at your regular time...and just not taking it anymore....the first AF is probably gonna be more like break through bleeding than a regular AF anyway. Also....everyone is right about taking a vitamin, either prenatal vitamins or a good multi-vitamin with folic acid. I am currently taking the prenatal vitamins from Walmart. I took those a lot with my 1st child too and the DR said those were just fine. They are not as expensive as prescription kind. Anyway...Just remember to keep up with your cycles and take your vitamins and happy BDing!!!!
April 21st, 2005, 05:52 AM
RandomRobot's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there,

I would do as others have said - finish the pack you are on and then Go for it!
I,ve just come off BC, the only thing i am doing is taking a daily dose of folic acid and making sure I look after myself. It may take no time at all, I got Pg with DD while on the pill and my angel 2 months after stopping the pill

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search