Which temp would you use?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2013, 08:11 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Hi ladies, TTC#1 board is a little quiet on the weekends so I thought I'd try here first to get help with a charting question.

I normally temp at 6:45 a.m. each morning. Last night, I woke up at 4 a.m., let the dogs out and went to the bathroom, walked around for a few minute downstairs (edit to add that I didn't go to sleep til 2 a.m. originally). So taking my temp at 6:45 a.m. was less than three hours of sleep. It was 97.8

After temping, I'm able to roll right back over and fall asleep pretty instantly. I took my temp at 9 a.m. when I woke up and it was 98.1.

Which temp would you use? They're both not very accurate.

Last edited by girlsofsummer; June 22nd, 2013 at 08:19 AM.
June 22nd, 2013, 08:45 AM
Taniam's Avatar Veteran
How close are you to your O date or anything else significant in your cycle? I try to be very consistent when I know I am close to my o date or when I'm in the 2ww just so I know what's happening but I have been known to miss a temp maybe once or twice a cycls once in a while when I'm in the beginning of my cycle and it dosent change much for me.

My Ovulation Chart

June 22nd, 2013, 10:10 AM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
I've found with my charts they are always more accurate when I err on the side of taking an earlier temp, rather than a later temp. Even if I did get up to do things in the middle if the night or went to bed late, for some reason my earlier temps are still the most stable. So I would keep the earlier one if it were me and FF would give it an open circle so I know it's a diff time than usual
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014He's finally here!

]

Last edited by chrysalis1; June 22nd, 2013 at 10:14 AM.
June 22nd, 2013, 10:48 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Thanks, ladies. Check out my chart: It's right after I suspected that I ovulated - so hopefully 3DPO today (potentially ending an almost 90 day cycle). That's why I'm being so cautious that I'm being accurate b/c I truly need to know definitively.

FWIW, when I input either temp into FF it's not giving me crosshairs yet. May not get 'em anyway, but I am extremely confident based on two days worth of +OPKS and lots of EWCM for 4+ days and cramping that I did ovulate this time.

This is also my first cycle charting ever, so I really appreciate the advice!
June 22nd, 2013, 11:33 AM
Taniam's Avatar Veteran
That's a long cycle, but it looks like it's coming to and end. Maybe try both in and see what it says? I think either way, tomorrow will help you figure things out.

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search