Can you O, even if no CM is there? (Or not noticeable at least?)

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Duffy510
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss
  • 1 Post By Gamer_Princess

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2013, 07:53 AM
LucasMom11's Avatar Veteran
Hello ladies!

Hope you all had a wonderfull weekend

So, since I am still breastfeeding my 25 month old boy, my periods are not regular at all, even though I just BF at nights, but still...anyway, I started taking Vitex to regulate my cycles, and it worked, after a month, I had a regular period, between 7-12 June. Since I don't know the length of my period, I entered the info in a few fertility calculators and with the default 28 day period, it said I was supposed to ovulate on June 21st.

So, we have been BDing accordingly....and I did have some cramping, on my right side, between 21st-23rd June. So far, so good, BUT....I just don't see any noticeable CM...I do feel a little more 'moist' that other days, but it's not like when I got pregnant with my first child....so, my question is, is it possible to ovulate, without noticeable change in CM?

Anyway....sorry for the long question

Have a wonderful week, and thanks for reading and giving me your input!
June 24th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Duffy510's Avatar Super Mommy
Last month I ovulated without much CM, so yes, definitely possible. I hear robitussin helps if you're looking to increase the EWCM.
LucasMom11 likes this.

June 24th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've read that you can ovulate without much CM. Sometimes I don't have much and I was worried that it for sure meant I was not ovulating. I think it can make it a bit more difficult to get pregnant though.

I've heard green tea and evening primrose oil can help as well I'll be trying those next cycle.
Duffy510 likes this.

June 25th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Duffy510's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks for that, I've got some green tea lying around the house so I'll defo give this a try! Robitussin makes me drowsy - not totally condusive to sex

June 25th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I ovulated the cycle I fell pregnant with this baby with NO discernable fertility signs AT ALL. No cervical change, no mucus, no ovulation pain (which I get really badly.) NIL ZIP NADA.

I am pretty darn good at tracking my fertility signs & usually know when I ovulate to the day. This time I can honestly say that I have NO IDEA when I ovulated, but I did!

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
June 27th, 2013, 06:25 AM
LucasMom11's Avatar Veteran
THanks ladies! I think I might have ovulated a little later though....so we've BDing a lot lately, LOL
We'll see....I think I'm in the 2WW
June 27th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The online calendars are WAY off sometimes. The best way to know if you are ovulating is by charting your BBT Also checking CM and CP is another helpful way if charting is not something you can do because of interrupted sleep each night due to feedings etc.

Evening Primrose Oil vitamins are amazing as well as a pill version of mucinex but if you are breastfeeding the mucinex may not be an option for you. Also you can buy Preseed from Wal-Mart,Target, and online to help with efforts as well. Breastfeeding can cause a decline in progesterone which can delay O tremendously and can also affect CM.

I hope you catch your eggie and do not have to worry about this next month
LucasMom11 likes this.

Tags
cervical mucus , ovulation cramps , ovulation signs , vitex

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search