Progesterone levels. Please help!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Lucy S.
  • 1 Post By Gamer_Princess
  • 1 Post By rachoochoo2

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey girls! I posted something like this yesterday but I didn't get a response, so I'm hoping I can get some help tonight because I am so confused! I tried googling this, but I still haven't found a clear answer.

Ok, my doc wants me to come in for my progesterone draw on CD21 to see if I Oed...which is Wednesday. However, I got my positive OPK on CD17, so if I O'd at all it probably wasn't until CD17-18, which would make me 2dpo-ish. Should I call and re schedule my blood work for later? I know it's suppose to be 7dpo... Idk why my dr wants CD21. When is the earliest I can have it? Would 5DPO work? Or would it need to be at least 7??

Thank you girls!!!!!
June 24th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
You are right... CD21 would be WAY off. I would def. call and tell them you did not have a positive until later.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

June 24th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So you think I should go next week? Monday ill be CD26, I'm worried they will tell me that's too late... If I go Friday I will be CD23, but then that may be too early??
June 24th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I think Monday will be 8dpo? I would go for that one personally...
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

June 24th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They usually do CD 21 because they see CD 14 as the normal O date which is not true.. I would go in at 7DPO if at all possible but if it falls on a sunday then you should be okay with a monday draw.

June 24th, 2013, 08:24 PM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
Yes, the whole idea around a CD21 draw is based on the idea of a CD14 ovulation. So you ideally would do your progesterone draw about a week after your actual ovulation, which is why it it's a good idea to reschedule so your results can be accurate. Like, you don't want your Dr saying your levels are to low when they are actually normal for a few days post ovulation. But to be honest if it were going to be a big issue, like they won't reschedule or they want to cancel testing this cycle or something, I would just keep your original appt. And expect slightly lower progesterone numbers and research what is normal for whatever dpo you were at the time.
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014
June 24th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies for the wonderful advice!! I'm going to call in the morning and see what they say. I don't think it will be an issue to go Monday morning! I want the most accurate results!
June 24th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would also call and explain the late positive OPK and see what they want you to do.
Hope2Be13 likes this.

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search