Trying to concieve the second time around

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss
  • 1 Post By mamaquiltthief
  • 1 Post By kyekye

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2013, 01:09 AM
So me and my husband have decided to try for baby number 2. It took us about 7 months with my son and when I did get pregnant there was absolutely no signs or symptoms, I didn't know until after I was 5 days late for my period and decided to buy a test. We just started trying at the end of May, I started taking prenatals about 3 weeks ago, and about a week ago my breast have become really tender and achy, I don't know if its my body adjusting to everything again or if it could possibly be a symptom of pregnancy. Keep in mind that my boobs are very rarely tender, and only when Im about to start my period and Im still about 2 weeks away. Is it too early to have symptoms and is it usually easier to get pregnant the second time around? Also, I was making my son some fried bologna this morning and the smell of actually did make me nauseous, and I thought that was weird, I just don't know if pregnancy symptoms can start this early...I have ovulation test and I am NOT ovulating, so that isn't the problem.
June 25th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I'm Hillary and we're also ttc baby #2.

I have heard that for some people that have certain fertility issues it can be easier to conceive a second baby...sometimes being pregnant fixes these issues.

I've heard you can start to have symptoms a couple days after implantation and implantation usually happens at the earliest 3 days after ovulation. Do you know when you ovulated?

Personally I don't trust symptoms anymore...I'm on CD 36 (AF was due last Thursday) and have had sore breasts and a bit of nausea but BFNs I think my situation is pretty rare though.

Good luck to you!
lnelson0032 likes this.

June 25th, 2013, 01:50 AM
I don't know when I ovulate because ever since I had my some my period is all over the place. I went to my doctor about it and she told me that it can be normal after you have a baby and just to take prenatal a whenever I was ready to try again. I told her it took us about 7 months with my son and she said that's about average. I was hoping the next one would be a little sooner but I have a feeling it won't. My son is 19 months now and I was hoping to have another either before he turned 3 or right around that time. I don't want them too far apart. I'm just nervous we will have trouble because of my period being off, it's hard to know when you ovulate if your period is messed up. Good luck to you also! The waiting game is rough.
June 26th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! Yetti and I are TTC #2 and we are at the 1 year 10 months mark I have just been Diagnosed with polycycstic ovaries.

Hope your stay here is short and sweet!
lnelson0032 likes this.
June 26th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Thank you so much! I hope so too! And I hope you guys do conceive very soon!!! Waiting to get the good news is always the hard part
June 26th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Veteran
I never get sore boobs either but this past week I have had really sore boobs! I got my BFP monday but the sore boobs started probably 4 days before that. I hope this means you get a BFP soon! I am having my second also.
lnelson0032 likes this.
June 28th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Congratulations! I hope so too! They are still sore but I cant tell as bad if I wear a very supportive bra. I wont be able to test until we get back from vacation july the 8th but even if im not we just started trying so I wont be devastated lol. Im just hoping its not another 7 month wait

But since I wrote this I have also had cramps, my back has been hurting down low, and ive had some mild headaches so if im not pregnant, im definitely going through something hormonal
June 28th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Veteran
We are also TTC #2. We also just started! I have had a few odd symptoms too--super exhausted and a bit nauseous. It's how I feel during AF (for the first two days) and this started Tuesday. I have irregular cycles so it is hard to figure out. I am testing right around the 4th and then the week after. I want to make sure I know for certain before we go on a huge family vacation (20 people in one house!). I had HG last time around so I want to make sure if I am pregnant that I can get the Zofran I don't want all of DH's family knowing I am pregnant that early nor do I want to be 12 hours from home spending my vacation over the toilet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search