What to do..Progesterone cream

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Pretty_N_Ink's Avatar Super Mommy
So I have been using progesterone cream since 2 days post Ov
Doctor said to use it twice/day amounting to 40 mg daily and then if I have reached 14 dpo and have no BFP to discontinue it to bring on AF. Well my concern is what about all the people who have gotten BFPs on 15, 16, 17 dpo etc. Ya I know its not super common but if I have a late implanter and then I stop I'll just cause myself to have an early miscarriage. Ugh. I don't know what to do. My sister never got a BFP with her oldest til she was 9 weeks along. Not that she waited to test, she kept getting BFNs. One of my best friends got all BFNs til 20 dpo. I'm just confused. If I continue and I'm not pregnant then I can screw up my cycles. But if I stop and I am then I can miscarry.
Someone please...what would you do???

RIP Bristol Grace 10/28/12-11/19/12
You're always in our hearts sweet girl
June 28th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Bump

Anyone?

June 28th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have a history of multiple miscarriages? The progesterone cream is really a VERY LOW quantity of progesterone and does not compare to suppositories or even the oral kind. I think if you stop it will not affect your potential pregnancy I would request a beta to see if you are pregnant or not around 14DPO and then stop to ease your mind I am to stop my oral progesterone if my 14DPO beta is negative. Good luck my dear thinking of you

June 28th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_Princess View Post
Do you have a history of multiple miscarriages? The progesterone cream is really a VERY LOW quantity of progesterone and does not compare to suppositories or even the oral kind. I think if you stop I will not affect your potential pregnancy I would request a beta to see if you are pregnant or not around 14DPO and then stop to ease your mind I am to stop my oral progesterone if my 14DPO beta is negative. Good luck my dear thinking of you
I had a miscarriage a year ago at 12 weeks and a "neonatal loss" where my daughter was born premature and passed away a month later. I went into preterm labor and she had to be born emergency c/s. I also had a chemical a few cycles before my miscarriage. My doctor didn't "order" the P cream but he said he thinks it could be beneficial til getting a BFP. Then he would switch me to a Rx. He said the only one that has a significant amount of progesterone in it is this one EMERITA® Pro-Gest, Natural Progesterone Cream, Hormone Balance Cream for Women and its the one he recommends.

June 28th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I stop my progesterone at 12dpo (but it stays in my system- AF is still delayed) even with the thought of a delayed implantation. If I somehow get a + after i get off it I will jump back on it.
Leslie brought up a good point about it not being very strong so you might get AF while on it... I know women who still get spotting or even AF while on progesterone.
I just am not one of them so I have to pull off it or I will end up not seeing AF until 5-7 days after the last pill.
Good luck!!
TTC#3 since Summer 2011
10 IUIs= one confirmed and lots of BFN
9/13/13 IVF#1 ( One 5AA blast)= BFN
11/18/13 FET (Two 5AA blasts)=
2/26/14 FET (Two 5BA blasts)= BFP!!!
Beta HCG 14 DPO: 181 / 17 DPO: 870 / 24 DPO: 16,051
3/24/14= We have a heartbeat and ONE sticky bean!
My blog

Check out Leah's cute newborn Hats and Baby Items!

June 29th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry for your losses I would def ask for a Rx just to be super safe

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search