What are you doing to increase your odds?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
AF came today! Must have been a combination of complaining on here, testing yesterday, dtd and wearing white underwear that brought her on! lol Most of us on here aren't happy with CD 1 but I am because it was such a long cycle!

Just curious what all of you are doing (or did if in the tww) to increase your odds, including doses. Maybe we can learn a thing or two from each other This is what my supplements are like this month:

Soy iso: CD 3-7. Haven't decided if I'll take 150mg every one of those 5 days or do varying doses. I will be taking it at night.
Prenatal vitamin: every day (the soy iso I am taking also has calcium and folic acid so I think I'll be getting about 800mcg of folic)
Calcium: every day , 500mg
Iron: I might take an iron pill because I have heard it can up fertility and because I'm often anemic anyway. I'm not sure yet though because I'm already on a ton of other pills...it might be too much for me to coordinate!
Green tea (to increase CM): 1-2 cups a day until ovulation
Water: At least 2 liters a day to increase CM

OPKs and I'm going to give temping a go. Not sure how I will do because sometimes I randomly wake up at 5am (I want to test at 7am every day). Not sure how accurate it will be for me. I thought about using evening primrose oil to increase CM but I think it will just be too many pills for me to take faithfully.

June 30th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This cycle I took soy iso days 5-9 and EPO until I got a positive OPK. I believe I am about 7-8 DPO now (I don't temp so I can't know for sure). I also take a prenatal vitamin every day. If I don't get my bfp this time, I plan on taking soy Iso again, but this time days 3-7.

Best of luck!
June 30th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Before I started this Clomid cycle I did Fertil-Tea, FertileCM, Soy Iso CD 2-6, Baby aspirin to help with lining, Peppermint Tea, Red Raspberry Leaf Tea, Instead Cups, Preseed, charted BBT, OPKs, and lemon water Now that I am on Clomid I did all the other except I added Progesterone after O

June 30th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_Princess View Post
Before I started this Clomid cycle I did Fertil-Tea, FertileCM, Soy Iso CD 2-6, Baby aspirin to help with lining, Peppermint Tea, Red Raspberry Leaf Tea, Instead Cups, Preseed, charted BBT, OPKs, and lemon water Now that I am on Clomid I did all the other except I added Progesterone after O

Is there a difference in taking SI days 2-6 vs 3-7?

June 30th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
Wow I've never even heard of half of the things posted or how to use any of them in relation to fertility. The only thing I'm doing is keeping my hips elevated after BDing (15-30 mins) and keeping track of when we DTD, and my CM. I'm also taking folic acid daily. Good luck everyone!

May 2013 July 2014
June 30th, 2013, 03:15 PM
jjustice12's Avatar Super Mommy
I take prenatal vitamins an we do the deed every nite. But not just to concieve. That's the way we've been for 16yrs. We have 4 kids. Just started tryin 4 one 1 more. Gl an lots of prayers for every one.
June 30th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Carrie
I am a pcos-er and have recently started taking Vitex. Currently taking 3 (400mg) capsules a day. Have not O'd for quite some time now. Same with AF. But, after taking the vitex for only a week, I can feel my lady parts starting to come alive. Pelvic cramping started yesterday as well as twitching in my upper thighs. Both are things I have experienced in the past with AF. (Praying to see her any day now.)

Also have been eating a lower carb diet with a lot of fresh fruit. I've cut way back on caffeine and increased water too. On the off chance I was ovulating and didnt realize it, I have also been elevating my hips after BD. Now that we have reached the one year mark for TTC though, I have started with the Vitex and OPKs to try to help us increase our chances.

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆

June 30th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This cycle
Clomid days 2-6
EPO until confirmed O
DTD the day before and day of O
Preseed around O date
Charting+OPK's

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2
June 30th, 2013, 07:29 PM
wait, wait, wait, wait... wait... wait.

jjustice12, are you telling me that you have sex EVERY day. Every day. All the time.

LOL
June 30th, 2013, 07:41 PM
jjustice12's Avatar Super Mommy
Lol yes maam everyday. Unless af is aroun or 1 of us is sick. But please dont think we r nimphs.lol we just luv each other soo much an luv the closeness. If that makes sense. It really has done wonders for our relationship.
June 30th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This month I am doing Soy Iso days 3-7. After confirmed O, I'm planning on dropping the EPO and adding in wild yam to up my progesterone. I've also added bromelain tablets, iron, and red raspberry leaf capsules to try and increase my uterine lining. I'm taking Macca before O.

DH and I also take a crazy list of supplements.

I take a lot of supplements but it really helps me feel in control. It's also become like a hobby of mine to research supplements and fertility to see what comes up. I highly recommend everyone do their own research on CoQ10, vitamin D, vitamin E and of course different herbs. I've read a lot of promising stuff!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search