I have a REALLY gross question

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2013, 01:45 PM
I am so sorry for this, but I have a pretty gross question. Sorry.

I'll try to keep this clinical.

How can you tell the difference between cervical mucus and semen? I ask because I had an incress in cervical mucus today, but had sex last night. I've never really noticed this happening many hours later before, but didn't know if it was possible. I just asume at some point your body will absorb anything that didn't make it through your cervix.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say? Am I being stuoid, lol. Thanks in advance and sorry again!
July 1st, 2013, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally get what you are saying. For me CM feels differently than semen. Semen usually feels like thinner and gooey. Where as CM, if its EWCM, feels thicker and is super stretchy. Semen will break apart in your finger EWCM will but will stretch further than semen. If its in the toilet semen breaks up and disperses, EWCM makes a ball. Any other CM is very much different than semen. Other CM such as sticky, are usually white and tacky, creamy is usually white and creamy and thick, dry is well dry. So I think you should be able to tell the difference using those cues.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
July 1st, 2013, 06:45 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing about this girl. I can tell the difference by basically what Sam said. Semen to me feels like a sticky booger.. i know gross where as CM even when sticky is a bit thinner. I hope this helps

July 1st, 2013, 08:12 PM
ambitionsofabundance's Avatar Veteran
I wondered the same thing, because I wanted to know how much semen was left in the instead cup. Semen will pretty much absorb into the tissue. Cm...you can play with on the tissue, fingers, ect.
July 1st, 2013, 10:28 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In my instead cup the left overs become watery like it would if it were left to stand in a cup for an analysis.

July 2nd, 2013, 07:28 AM
mom2ariana's Avatar Super Mommy
Also, semen to me is cloudier / yellowish. Whereas EWCM should be basically clear. When I had it, I could tell the difference because it was 100% clear, just like egg whites.
July 2nd, 2013, 07:37 AM
I have the hardest time with this CM stuff. I have yet to see any that I would describe at egg white, this cycle or last when I have been trying to check. I have had 2 mornings now of positive OPK, should I be seeing the egg white by now? Can you O without it?
July 2nd, 2013, 10:09 AM
mom2ariana's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes, you can O without EWCM and you can have EWCM without Oing. Don't worry if you haven't seen any that you would describe that way. It doesn't necessarily mean anything.
July 2nd, 2013, 11:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I used to never get anything I could describe as EWCM. So I heard what other ladies were doing and started taking evening primrose oil capsules. Since then my EWCM production went way up. It doesn't work the same for everyone, and you aren't supposed to take it in the TWW because it causes uterine contractions. But I haven't really had any side effects, that I have noticed, and I have been on it for I think 3 months.
You could try that. Some women's CM isn't great, and nobodies is the same. So just because one person sees something you don't doesn't mean there is something wrong with you. Also if you don't drink enough water, that effects it too.
I hope that helped!

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search