Went to doctor this AM to check for UTI...now I'm nervous :(

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 06:47 PM
mom2ariana's Avatar Super Mommy
just how excited i am to have a little baby we looked at some clothes while in target a few minutes ago and they are soooo tiny. i remember those days well with my daughter. it is such a special time. i can't wait.
jjustice12 likes this.
July 5th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjustice12 View Post
U got this girl. No worries. If itll make u feel better buy 3 cheapies an take 1 every morn. An watch how that line gets darker. But u gotta member at the office ur pee was diluted an not fmu. Lots of prayers ur way an congrats on ur sticky sticky beautiful bean.
Lol ive taken tests in walmart too. Lol
i would get more tests, but by the time i finished three of them it would be monday anyway and then i'll hear something back if they don't call me by like 8 30 i will call them lol.
July 5th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Carrie
Well, I am very happy for you. Do you try to find a fun way to tell family/friends? Or do you just blurt it out? LOL. I am not sure I will be able to contain myself when I get a BFP, but hope I can find a special way to tell my our families.

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆

July 6th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
Im lurking here...but don't worry about the doctor's comments and your light line. You are 4 weeks. Doctors offices actually use cheapie tests and those always give light lines this early. He/She should never has said that, just should have said, "oh we want to do a beta draw too, just to see your numbers" Now you are POINTLESSLY freaked out, as you have a right to be. Let me tell you this....with my first son, i took a test at home and it was so faint it was ridiculous. I went in and did a urine test and they told me it was negative, but they saw my hpt and said they wanted a blood test to confirm. They did the test and my number came back at 8!! Repeated the test two days later and it was 32! How completely low is that! My tests were so light you could barely see them...he is now 10 and awesome! With this pregnancy, my blood draw at 16 dpo was 774 and do you know my walmart cheapie line was LIGHT!!! I saw the light line in the early morning and panicked....then that morning they called with my number and I just laughed...cheapie epic fail! My next draw was 2700 and the line was slightly darker. YOU ARE GOOD>>>>>> digitals are so much less sensitive and you are getting positives there. no worries.......relax and enjoy your weekend while your doctor enjoys billing your insurance company for a blood draw that was not really needed.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
July 6th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You are pregnant, no worries!! I wish they wouldn't have scared you like that and made you wait out the weekend for answers. But I have complete faith that you are just fine!!!
July 6th, 2013, 05:09 PM
thanks ladies! that made me feel a lot better! i'm feeling reasonably less stressed today, but i still have my moments of course. i don't know what to expect monday. i wonder if they will call and tell me my numbers are good and i won't need to come back in, or if they will want to look at subsequent blood draws to compare. oh well. by monday it'll have been enough time for me to come in. once i hear that my numbers are rising as normal, i'll feel sooo much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeking Baby Thornburg View Post
Well, I am very happy for you. Do you try to find a fun way to tell family/friends? Or do you just blurt it out? LOL. I am not sure I will be able to contain myself when I get a BFP, but hope I can find a special way to tell my our families.
so far i've just blurted it out. but only to those close to me, people i would want support from if the worst happened. until im about 12 weeks along, i won't announce it to everyone. i'll probably find a cute way to post it on facebook though. maybe with my daughter holding some type of announcement about becoming a big sister. IDK i'm still brainstorming
hopeful_girl55 likes this.
July 6th, 2013, 05:32 PM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2ariana View Post
thanks ladies! that made me feel a lot better! i'm feeling reasonably less stressed today, but i still have my moments of course. i don't know what to expect monday. i wonder if they will call and tell me my numbers are good and i won't need to come back in, or if they will want to look at subsequent blood draws to compare. oh well. by monday it'll have been enough time for me to come in. once i hear that my numbers are rising as normal, i'll feel sooo much better.

so far i've just blurted it out. but only to those close to me, people i would want support from if the worst happened. until im about 12 weeks along, i won't announce it to everyone. i'll probably find a cute way to post it on facebook though. maybe with my daughter holding some type of announcement about becoming a big sister. IDK i'm still brainstorming
Most of the time they want more then one draw to compare, because any
one number really means nothing, unless they see it double or triple..

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
July 6th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Many of the doctors test as not that sensitive and they view before it has had time to fully dry darker I think you are very good!!! Just keep taking digitals to make you feel better and wait to hear your results. The purpose of more than one beta is just to confirm doubling times are good. You could def have implanted later which can affect your due date Thinking of you momma

July 8th, 2013, 09:42 AM
BadWolf's Avatar Veteran
Plus they buy those tests in serious bulk, so they're probably just garbage.
Clomid Cycle #1 ~ 50mg ~ ?

I have the loved the stars too fondly
to be fearful of the night.

- Sarah Williams

July 8th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Any word from your test at the doctors? Hope everything is still well for you!

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
July 8th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Ugh no. I made an "update" post, but basically they didn't run the test Friday afternoon. So they started it this morning and I have to wait to hear something. I'm getting antsy. It's been 2 hours since I spoke with the nurse, and she said she'd call me back today. But I'm about to call her. I don't want to be super annoying, but I'm dying here. I've waited long enough She said I may need to come back today or tomorrow for a repeat depending on what my doctor said, as that's pretty standard protocol. So I'm ready to just hop in my car and drive over there. I'm going nuts
hopeful_girl55 likes this.
July 8th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sure everything is fine. I feel like doctors find pleasure in screwing with people. I am always going crazy waiting for some sort of results for what seem like ever when I get tests done. I hope you hear soon! Can't wait for the update.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
July 8th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Stepmom2Be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just popped in to say thinking of you and I am sure everything is fine! Don't stress out that baby of yours!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search