Went to doctor this AM to check for UTI...now I'm nervous :(

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 11:16 AM
mom2ariana's Avatar Super Mommy
UGH now I'm going to be worried. I went in to the doctor to see if I had a UTI. They did a urinalysis and a urine pregnancy test. The UA was negative for infection but they are going to culture it. I was almost in the elevator when the receptionist called my name and told me they wanted to do a HCG blood test before I left. The lab tech said that my line on my urine pregnancy test was really faint. She asked me if it was faint at home and I told her I did a digital test. My OBGYN came into the lab and told me the same thing, she said the line was really really faintly positive. I asked her what that would mean and she said she just wants to make sure it's a good pregnancy. She left and I asked the lab tech if it's normal for it to be faint when I'm only 4 weeks and she said definitely yes. I told her I didn't want to have to worry and she said I had nothing to worry about. Okay, but that doesn't mean I'm not worried now. The doctor acted kinda rushed to get out of there. I couldn't wait for my results because they closed in 30 minutes. They told me I would have to wait until Monday for the results. UUGHH. I'm kinda irritated with the doctor that she would say that. I mean I know that the test would be faint this early, not to mention they were using a cheapie and I had already peed about 30 - 45 minutes before that and had a glass of water in between. But I'm still worried. I mean I don't have anything to worry about, right?
July 5th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Regular
No, I think not. Don't worry yourself to death. You had more than one faint positive so it's not like it was an evap or something. Plus you waited until after AF was due to test. You've got nothing to worry about girl you're knocked up.
WTTC #3

July 5th, 2013, 11:24 AM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Stupid Dr.. IMO this could have been handled diff..
If she wanted the beta done, fine... do it,
Don't scare the mama half to death.. I swear some
Times I think DR's don't have a lick of sense..

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer
ACM conceived with Soy Iso On 07/04/13
Currently (10/2014) TTC With SI, SMEP, BBT, CM, CP, and OPK

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
July 5th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Regular
And I'm sure it's a good pregnancy, but you're really early into it! I bet in another week or so your lines will be dark. Really, don't worry.

Tigg
WTTC #3

July 5th, 2013, 11:33 AM
And another thing.... one beta will not tell her skit...
She should have scheduled you for another, a few days after
The draw you just had....

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
July 5th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Well I wasn't supposed to have a blood draw today anyway. They were gonna call me Monday to schedule my appointment after the confirm maternity coverage with my insurance. At this point part of me doesn't even want to do another freaking HCG test because it'll just worry me. Hopefully they only do that one and my levels will be good and I can quit worrying

I wanna take my last digital test just to try to ease my mind. Not that it'll tell me anything. But I'm scared ****less to take it.
July 5th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You have nothing to worry about...but it really sucks that you have to wait until Monday to get your results.......... which will be fine ...so do not stress that little bean of yours out.

Team Pink

July 5th, 2013, 11:52 AM
I caved and took my digital test. I peed in a shot glass to make sure I would even have enough pee to soak the test. It's okay you can laugh. My "pregnant" result came up in about 20-30 excruciatingly long seconds. I think I'm good. I hope. I think.
July 5th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Regular
You are!
WTTC #3

July 5th, 2013, 11:59 AM
~*Tina*~
doctors are so cold sometimes they dont stop to think about what they are saying! a faint line means nothing dude, its still a line!! you are only 4 weeks, thats super early, most people dont even find out till at least 4.5 to 5 weeks. the line will get darker every day. try not to stress out.

7/12/13 @6w

July 5th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I bet you're fine! Those cheap tests can show a faint line for a long time!

July 5th, 2013, 12:04 PM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
what tiggblue says about if she wanted a beta then fine just get the beta but don't scare you with all the extra 2cents of hers... PLUS they probably use the super non-sensitive version of the cheapies and lots of women dont always come in right at the 4 week mark knowing they are pregnant... so if she was expecting a dark line that was already flawed logic.
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014He's finally here!

]

Last edited by chrysalis1; July 5th, 2013 at 12:07 PM.
July 5th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Thanks ladies you guys always help me feel better. I am feeling calmer now. all of the logic in the world won't make me feel 100% confident, but i know that's the nature of pregnancy. i just remember how i do NOT miss the fear that comes with the first trimester. it is soo scary. i remember it well now that i'm feeling it again. right now i feel lethargic, like scared to be excited anymore. but then i know that is so stupid because nothing is wrong. i am so mad that the doctor made me feel this way. i guess ill know something monday. and by then it'll have been enough time since my blood draw today that i could go in for another if they want.
July 5th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Yeah hun, just remember, Dr are programed to be machines,
they are not usually shown how to build hope in the beginning...
It is a flaw, I felt this way after my son was born, in the NICU
they are sorta just there to do business, and often leave the parents
feeling hopeless.. THIS is NOT the case most the time..... So I say relax as much
as you can, revel in the fact that you have that magic word
on that marvelous pee stick.. And vent away if you feel that need arise..

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
July 5th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Carrie
Please don't stress out. I know that is easier said than done though.

Two digi's being positive should help ease your mind. I am really sorry the doctor gave you a scare like that though.

Just tell yourself there is nothing you can do to change how the situation went and there is nothing you can do until they call you on Monday. All you can do is find a way to relax.

Do you have any fun weekend plans?

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆

July 5th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks my fun weekend plans consist of sitting at home which is usually what i love to do on the weekends. i'm afraid it won't help pass the time this weekend though. i think everything will be okay, i really do. it's just really scary. i mean it's soo normal for the urine test to be faint at only 4 weeks pregnant. so idk why i should be scared. but honestly, even if the test hadn't been faint, i would still have been nervous about my first beta. i mean who wouldn't be?
July 5th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Janisdkh's Avatar Mommy of soon to be 5!
Send a message via MSN to Janisdkh
Omg hcg levels at your stage are really low. Do not worry yourself honey. All is ok <3 I really do believe you and bean are ok

July 5th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
How rude! I'm sure everything is perfect, and there are lots of people that shouldn't work in healthcare!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 5th, 2013, 04:45 PM
jjustice12's Avatar Super Mommy
U got this girl. No worries. If itll make u feel better buy 3 cheapies an take 1 every morn. An watch how that line gets darker. But u gotta member at the office ur pee was diluted an not fmu. Lots of prayers ur way an congrats on ur sticky sticky beautiful bean.
Lol ive taken tests in walmart too. Lol
July 5th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Carrie
Well, your weekend plans sound lovely, especially since they match mine.

What are some of the more positive thoughts you have been having since you got your BFP?

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search