A new record

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Beautiful Life!
I'm so sorry. I'm so counting on hearing pregnancy counting days from you soon and no more cycle counting days! Hope the B complex and a Dr. visit turn things around for you! I still come in the TTC board to see updates of how you and a couple others are doing and am praying for a beautiful BFP soon!
hopeful_girl55 likes this.

July 7th, 2013, 07:34 PM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Ughh. That must be so frustrating. thinking of you!!

July 7th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Yes a short LP normally indicates poor progesterone. The b complex is supposed to help that. I think there are more supplements but I am not sure which (that isnt my problem so I have;t researched). You need to make sure they do a 7dpo draw because CD3 bloodwork won;t tell you that (although you should get those JIC).
Also some women go on clomid or Femara for poor O which can show up as short LP!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

July 8th, 2013, 12:28 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The stupid woman wouldn't do cd3 bloodwork, she did this other crap to check for stuff like pcos :/. I wanted her to but I couldn't convince the quack of a doctor to put it on there because she reckons they will do it when my referral goes through and I go to the top of the waiting list for the gyno grrrr. when do I take b complex? All the time?

July 8th, 2013, 01:10 AM
Let me do some research but i am pretty sure all the time.
Also did you ever try soy?
Due with #3
My blog

July 8th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Thanks Lucy .
On the subject of soy, there isn't anywhere you can buy just plain soy isoflavones. After a lot of looking and research I have found only one product that has them in it: Phytolife and it is for managing menopause symptoms. Is soy for that anyways? Here is a link to the product: PhytoLife® - Menopause - Blackmores
These are the active ingredients below
Glycine max (Soy bean) extract equivalent to dry seed
(standardised to contain isoflavone glycosides 50 mg) 33.5 g (33,500 mg)
Calcium hydrogen phosphate 450 mg
So as far as I can see one tablet is 50mg of soy isoflavones but I don't know if I should give it a go seeing as it isn't the only thing in it. I have no idea what calcium hydrogen phosphate is, what it is for or if it will stuff with the effect I want it to have. I have never found anywhere that has it by itself.

As far as I can see that product is one of the very few that can be found and people have used that. Maybe I should give it a try from CD3-7? Seeing as O isn't until CD16-17 now I doubt it will delay anything lol.

July 8th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey I didn't realize that we have been TTC around the same amount of time. This is my 11th cycle and 12 should start shortly. We didn't try this month so no hope for this cycle.
But I when I first started TTC I had a 12 day LP. It didn't get better so I started taking the super B complex every day, well every day that I remember. I have been taking it for about 5 months or so, maybe more. At first my LP bounced around from 12 to 13, then stayed steady at 13. And last month I had a 14 day LP! I was so excited. It definitely helped me.
I really hope you get everything figured out. I hope the doctors help you find out what all the spotting is about. That just sucks when that happens. I have everything crossed for this coming cycle for you! I hope we both get our sticky beans very soon! It would be awesome to end up in a DDC together!
you Bella! Fxd for you, and lots of T&P and sticky dust!

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
July 8th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Calcium Effectiveness, Safety, and Drug Interactions on RxList It's calcium.. Which can be safe as long as you are not getting too much.
I bought this one but never took it since I am TTCMA: Amazon.com: Spring Valley Dietary Supplement Soy Isoflavones: Health & Personal Care
If you can find something without calcium that would be ideal but with you should be ok unless you start popping up the SI in the next couple cycles.
So SI should be taken like clomid except you take double the mg. A normal starting dose for clomid would be 50mg so I think 100mg of SI CD3-7 would be good. Some women mix it up and do more on different days and such. I have not figured this out as to why and maybe someone will chime in. When i researched I didn;t find a good reason for it though.
So in your shoes while waiting on a DR I would start the b complex NOW, take the SI from CD3-7, after you are sure you O'ed take a progesterone cream and also eat a while pineapple 2-5dpo cut up and remember the core is the most important part. basically it's the bromelain you are getting. i have thought of just doing a supplement but too much can cause cramping and be a bad thing so maybe sticking with pineapple might be best.
As far as the progesterone... I am not sure what is the best to you OTC and they are NOT as effective as an rx but I do think it's something you need. If you research LP issues and natural progesterone I am sure you can find something. That or go online and look at reviews on amazon.
This is just my .02, I not a Dr. however I play one online
I am sorry you are going through this darlin!
Due with #3
My blog

July 8th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Davis720's Avatar Super Mommy
How frustrating! Sorry you're going thru this. Kmfx for you!

July 8th, 2013, 07:47 PM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is insane When is the appointment at the clinic?

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart

My Ovulation Chart
July 8th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Thanks Lucy :-). That was great. I have started the B complex and the epo and I am hoping to buy some soy tonight. Stupid $30 or so soy lol. Ah well I guess 30 tablets is good for 3 months seeing as the tablets are 50mg each.

I have had the appt at the docs to get a referral and, because I am going through the public system, I am on a waiting list to get an appt. I am tossing up between going private and spending a few hundred on an appt now (yikes) or waiting until I have had 12 cycles so at the start of cycle 13. If it comes to that, anyways. I guess a lot of that will depend on how this cycle goes.

July 8th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Well I hope this is YOUR cycle!!
I thought for sure you would be pg by now BUT SOON!!!!
Due with #3
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search